ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda BBall related. Joe Bologna hanging it up.

I know he's been a staple forever, but the restaurant and food haven't been good at all for about 20 years.

The breadsticks/garlic butter are awesome and I always liked how they did their fried banana peppers whole instead of the little rings that come in a jar. And sitting upstairs with all the stained glass was always cool. But other than that, yeah… the rest of the menu was meh and the service left a lot to be desired last few times I went. Still sad to see it go.

Avoided it during my 4 visits this season because last time I went in 2018 it was a stinky dump with soggy pizza. Cool idea with the bar in the alter area, and was always fun seeing the regular Goose Givens walking around, but there are just so many other great new places in Lex that Joe's is probably smart to shut it down.

Reactions: know1
When I was going to UK it started and was the place to go. Awesome pizza back then. Years later came for a visit and I agree it had really gone downhill. Still sad in a nostalgic way. What's next, Columbia's?
Probably Tolly Ho. That joint is a crap hole and I hardly saw anyone there this season. Of course I don't live there so I don't see it as much as locals, but with my hotel just down past there I went by probably 10-15 times and it was dead, even late at night.

• Sad
Reactions: sdryan2
I never actually ate there the entire time I lived in Lexington. Moved there in 2001. Never went to Redmons or Atomic Cafe either. Though I did get pulled over in front of Redmons when I was picking up my brother when I was the DD.

I ate at this amazing pizza place in Lexington last time I went and I can’t remember the name of it for anything. It was pretty big, kinda rustic style pizza, huge bar area upstairs. The outdoor area had a huge seating area and a massive outdoor screen they projected games on. When I went for Madness it was around the beginning of the MLB playoffs and they had that playing outside. I wish I could remember the name it was delicious.

Reactions: true blue1
I ate at this amazing pizza place in Lexington last time I went and I can’t remember the name of it for anything. It was pretty big, kinda rustic style pizza, huge bar area upstairs. The outdoor area had a huge seating area and a massive outdoor screen they projected games on. When I went for Madness it was around the beginning of the MLB playoffs and they had that playing outside. I wish I could remember the name it was delicious.
Probably goodfellas in the distillery district

Reactions: ORCAT and Fox2monk

To me Giovanni’s pizza is the best.

Yes, probably a little less than a mile.
Hmm maybe that was it but I know it wasn’t New York style though. Looked up the building and that’s not it. This place is a stand alone restaurant. You walk thru a huge gate and around back is a big patio area all fenced it. About a 200 Inch projection screen with games on it outside. Then you walk upstairs into the inside portion. It’s was amazing but only ate there once and can’t remember the name for anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Girthang
How about Reed sending that trailer trash back to their double wides?

I’ve been hammering these punk ****ing bitches all day. Shit talkin little inbred idiots. I don’t have to live with them anymore, moved to Lexington 2 months ago to pursue a job and work at YouKay.

Life dream happening. Plus, found 2 plaques 96 and 98 title years at goodwill, and several retro UK shirts for 2.89 at goodwill. Unreal what people are passing up around here man. I don’t even know what to do. But it’s good to have my family line back home.

I’ve been hammering these punk ****ing bitches all day. Shit talkin little inbred idiots. I don’t have to live with them anymore, moved to Lexington 2 months ago to pursue a job and work at YouKay.

Life dream happening. Plus, found 2 plaques 96 and 98 title years at goodwill, and several retro UK shirts for 2.89 at goodwill. Unreal what people are passing up around here man. I don’t even know what to do. But it’s good to have my family line back home.
My family came from TN to KY in 1903. GGG Grand-dad moved here to work in a saw mill. Jackson County or Overton County to Barren County KY.

My family came from TN to UK in 1903. GGG Grand-dad moved here to work in a saw mill.

Smart move. The triangle area is unreal. My dad’s side all Kentucky going back generations. WW2 vet died hating everything Tennessee and Obama in 05. He’d always tell me “when I was your age if I went too far in the backwoods uncle Rubil would shoot me”. Old moonshiners.

Told my dad I would eventually get it back where it belongs. Why people think Tennessee is a better state I don’t know, it’s not even a close call. Nashville is the most overrated city in America. The rest aren’t even worth speaking about.

Smart move. The triangle area is unreal. My dad’s side all Kentucky going back generations. WW2 vet died hating everything Tennessee and Obama in 05. He’d always tell me “when I was your age if I went to far in the backwoods uncle Rubil would shoot me”. Old moonshiners.

Told my dad I would eventually get it back where it belongs. Why people think Tennessee is a better state I don’t know, it’s not even a close call. Nashville is the most overrated city in America. The rest aren’t even worth speaking about.
To me KY and TN are sister states. Western KY and TN=Cotton and swamps, flat. Middle and Central KY=Tobacco and hills. Eastern parts are mountains. But yeah, Nashville is terrible. Northern KY is just ohio though, lol. I live in Barren County, Which is like 40 miles from Nashville. It has been overtaken by Calibros. Now they're starting to move to Bowling Green. It's awful. They come here, leave trash on the ground, raise house prices skyhigh. My uncle bought a house in BG in 2019 or 2020 for 120k That same house is worth close to 200k now. Due to calibros invading.

I'm good down here in Southern KY. The triangle is too transplant infected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT