ADVERTISEMENT

Kind of miss changing generational poverty, draft night, and talking about max contracts

etownblue25

Sophomore
Jul 30, 2008
I've enjoyed Pope over the last couple weeks but Im starting to feel guilty that we are making this all about winning, love and pride in our program.

It just seems Pope is focused on building a team and strategically getting specific types of players that work within a system and complement each other. I mean, what are we paying this guy for?

He will probably want to put a zone in too. Now tell me, how does that prepare a kid for thr NBA?

Yeah you do, you seem to be obsessed. The 7 new player and Mark Pope and staff doing work in the portal doesn’t seem to move your needle but Cal still does.

You’re a simpleton so you won’t get this but you can care about winning and the future succes of players. Dumb people don’t get it but it’s very easy to do both.
Bless your heart.

Yeah you do, you seem to be obsessed. The 7 new player and Mark Pope and staff doing work in the portal doesn’t seem to move your needle but Cal still does.

You’re a simpleton so you won’t get this but you can care about winning and the future succes of players. Dumb people don’t get it but it’s very easy to do both.
Then perhaps he should have tried harder at doing both. Listening to his incessant harping on the NBA was like being married to a "Karen".

Everyone hopes our players have great lives but while they wear the jersey its about the program first.

I've enjoyed Pope over the last couple weeks but Im starting to feel guilty that we are making this all about winning, love and pride in our program.

It just seems Pope is focused on building a team and strategically getting specific types of players that work within a system and complement each other. I mean, what are we paying this guy for?

He will probably want to put a zone in too. Now tell me, how does that prepare a kid for thr NBA?
Season 4 No GIF by The Office
No Way Do Not Want GIF
No No No GIF
No Way Baby GIF by MOODMAN
Season 9 No GIF by The Office

I think a bit of sarcasm was missed in this thread but I’ll play. I’m just hoping Pope can find his guys when they are injured. Apparently Cal
Couldnt ever locate the nurse’s office to see his guys.

Last edited:

You’re a simpleton so you won’t get this but you can care about winning and the future succes of players. Dumb people don’t get it but it’s very easy to do both
Is this what Arkansas fans tell themselves when they rock themselves to sleep in the fetal position while weeping at the thought of your coach going down in flames with loaded rosters?

News flash for you, your coach is a has been. Kentucky didn't want him anymore for a reason. You've got our sloppy seconds! 😂👋👍🥳

Will coach Pope be able to simultaneously weaken our team by not using our best players properly, and provide them with generational wealth directly from U of 🐄?
I think not.

This seems as good a thread as any to bring up whether Pat Riley has said anything about the coaching switch. Pat loved Cal players. Bam and Herro, especially, it seems. I know it's a spoof thread, but I don't think I've read anything about ol Riley recently. That's a guy who understands the UK angle AND the NBA angle.

I miss it when a sideline reporter would ask our coach what he was going to say to his team at halftime when they were getting beatdown by a mid-major in an NCAA tournament game, and the reply is, "We'll be fine."

This seems as good a thread as any to bring up whether Pat Riley has said anything about the coaching switch. Pat loved Cal players. Bam and Herro, especially, it seems. I know it's a spoof thread, but I don't think I've read anything about ol Riley recently. That's a guy who understands the UK angle AND the NBA angle.
Cal is a great developer of NBA talent and a mediocre college coach.
Hyper fixation on individual skill development at the expense of TEAM accomplishments is why he is no longer the COLLEGE coach at UK.
Arkansas better hope he has learned something from the failures of his roster development and team execution from his last decade at UK.

I see someone doesn't recognize sarcasm when he sees it.

• Haha
Reactions: WebCatKy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT