ADVERTISEMENT

Kidney Stones

Oldblueone

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2006
I had the surgery to remove a kidney stone today by breaking it up with a laser. This procedure failed. The stone is too big. I have another procedure on Wednesday. During this procedure, they will try to break the stone up with shock waves. Has anyone here had this before? If this doesn’t work, what is the next step?

cannonball.gif

I had the surgery to remove a kidney stone today by breaking it up with a laser. This procedure failed. The stone is too big. I have another procedure on Wednesday. During this procedure, they will try to break the stone up with shock waves. Has anyone here had this before? If this doesn’t work, what is the next step?

That sucks, man. I had a cousin do the shockwave thing, and it worked for him. My understanding is if that doesn't work, the doctor will then beat you in the affected kidney with a sock full pennies. Pro: it'll definitely break up the stone. Con: it'll also break up your kidney. Also a Con: you'll be peeing blood for a while.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Eventually there will be microscopic drones that covertly make their way through your peeing system and obliterate it with a drill or tiny bomb or something kind of like in Armageddon except it's not in space it's in your kidney. Unfortunately Oldblue, eventually is not today.

Godspeed

Yes, I have had it. It usually does work. If this doesn't work, You're looking at invasive surgery.
If the "shock waves" work, you will be passing a lot of stones so they will likely give you something like Flo Max and also pain med. Hope it goes well brother. I've been there and it's not much fun but you will be glad to get relief.

Kidney stones are terrible. They may make an incision in your back and remove the stone that way, especially if it's too big. Are you staying at the hospital? They used a tube to break mine up (I was under general anesthesia). I was in the hospital for a couple nights (I went in, spent the night, had the procedure done; spent one night, and went home).

I have one now as well that trying to pass by taking Flo Max. Got a little bit more time before they will do some procedure to get it done. These things are horrible. I had one a few years ago that they did a snatch and grab on. I don't want to do that again.

They tried the snatch and grab but my stone is too big. We are trying shock waves to break it up tomorrow. For now, it’s just pounding away.

Eventually there will be microscopic drones that covertly make their way through your peeing system and obliterate it with a drill or tiny bomb or something kind of like in Armageddon except it's not in space it's in your kidney. Unfortunately Oldblue, eventually is not today.

Godspeed
Innerspace

I feel your pain.......
I have had them twice, wow do they hurt
luckily both passed

At the urologist as we speak. Had the lithotripsy twice. Dr is trying to avoid the snatch and grab (me too). Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a surgical situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT