ADVERTISEMENT

Khalif Battle from Arkansas

Jan 4, 2020
Did I see where he is in the portal? Seemed like he was one of the best guards in the Sec last season with multiple 30 point games and 42 against Missouri. Gets to the free throw line a ton and decent three point shooter. I would think he and Roach from Duke along with would make a pretty solid backcourt.

Next season will be #6 for Battle!!
He turns 24-years old in June!!
Over his last 7-games with Arky (3-W/ 4-L)
30-ppg
6-reb​
2-ast​
51% fg (52-102)​
36% 3pt (16-45)​
94% ft (87-93)
Isn't this guy one of their two ball hogs? I can't recall if it was Arkansas, Ole Miss or Bama that had the two guards that just hogged the ball and drove on us at will there towards the end of the season.

He’ll drive you crazy, he’s a talented dude, but a very me first kind of player. Our locker room was toxic, can’t say that’s his fault, but can say for he didn’t help. Which is similar to what we were told prior to him coming here and we felt like we could change him etc. maybe Pope can get the best from him, he’s super talented just doesn’t really play “winning” basketball but maybe a change would help some of that. Very talented though, and seems like a nice dude as it relates to the public.

Isn't this guy one of their two ball hogs? I can't recall if it was Arkansas, Ole Miss or Bama that had the two guards that just hogged the ball and drove on us at will there towards the end of the season.
I think it was. If I remember right, he was only 1-4 on 3-pointers, UK could not stay in front of him/ keep him out of the lane (7-12/ 2-point shots) or stop fouling him (17-18/ free throws).

I think he hopped into the portal before Cal was hired. I am pretty sure he tweeted something that sounded like he regretted his decision right after Cal was hired. He will probably be back at Arkansas unless Cal wants him out.

I will say he played a lot better at the end of the year, and like I said we had other issues that hurt everybody. I mean you could definitely do worse, I wouldn’t build around him but as a significant back up…yeah he fits that role.

Did I see where he is in the portal? Seemed like he was one of the best guards in the Sec last season with multiple 30 point games and 42 against Missouri. Gets to the free throw line a ton and decent three point shooter. I would think he and Roach from Duke along with would make a pretty solid backcourt.
And what fun. Taking Ark and Duke players.

He might kill team chemistry and ball movement, as he is a volume kind of guy. Anyone who gets that many foul shots is a one-man wrecking crew. He gave us and others fits for sure, but how would Pope use him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT