ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to beating Florida?

Im hoping for Levis to work on throwing with more accuracy. He releases extremely quick and I dont think that will work everytime. Likewise, our receivers need to be on the same page as Levis. No mistakes in the swamp. Plus get the running game to happen with some solid yardage. I wish them the best, as this is the biggest game of the season, that we can win if we play the right strategy.

1. OL has to perform better. Have to have a semblance of a running game and keep Levis pretty clean.
2. DL and rush LB have to keep lanes and keep FL QB in the pocket. Not convinced he can beat us in the pocket. He can certainly beat us if we allow him to run around, break containment and pick up the 3rd and longs with his legs. Key on QB keeper anytime there's a short yardage situation or goal line. Seems like all the teams that run the read/option love the QB keeper in these situations.
3. As mistake- and error-free as possible. No muffed punts. No bad TOs that give FL a short field. No big plays nullified by stupid penalties.
4. Score early to keep the crowd out of it. Control the clock and limit their possessions.
5. Create a crucial TO or two that leads to points.

I'm sure there are others. I'll be proactive for the 'funny' posters who'll say 'score more points'. Yeah, that 'joke' wasn't funny 80 years ago.

I think we can win if we play well. OL is the biggest ????. If they do their job, we'll hang with FL. If not and we're doing 3-and-out too often, FL will win.
We have to get Horsey back at LT. Wohlabaugh was terrible there last week against Miami—OH. Way too slow for a tackle, especially a LT.
If the OL doesn’t get shored up this week , the CATS ain’t scoring enough to beat the gators in the Swamp

Richardson didn't look that accurate on long and intermediate passes. The key to the game is containing him so he has to pass. If we can't do that, it really doesn't matter what the offense does as far as I can see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT