ADVERTISEMENT

Kerr Kriisa commits to Kentucky

I agree that what we're really lacking right now is a great penetrating guard. Its a critical part of the game now, as we've seen people eat us alive with 1 great PG and a shooter.

Especially the Coach Pope wants to spread the floor. One or two guys that can just get to the hoop on their own is a safety net against bad shooting days and lockdown defense.

I think this is a disaster from an attitude and team chemistry perspective. Dude is another Marshall Henderson from Ole Miss and chirps the entire game. Talks smack the entire time and then if he hits a shot has exuberant obnoxious celebrations. I’ll get trashed for this post which is inevitable but I want it on the record I think this is a HUGE mistake.
I hope he chirps like hell when we play Arkansas!

LOL at the "mediocre pick-up" crew. If he were a 5-star incoming high school player who showed the 3-point range and consistency and the passing ability against high school kids that Kriisa showed against the Slovenian national team this board would be ecstatic. And he's "too cocky" and "talks too much trash?" That's why you have a coaching staff to teach him what's expected of Kentucky players, or show him the bench. What the hell is wrong with confidence in a basketball player?

The point and assist totals and the shooting percentages are all solid, so I’m not saying that he completely sucks, but I’m not sold on adding him in the bigger picture.

I’ve read a lot of what Arizona fans say about him this afternoon, and it’s honestly mostly negative. They say he’s a decent shooter overall, but extremely streaky and capable of shooting you out of some games just as much as he keeps you in others. Apparently he’s extremely mouthy and will keep trash talking to opposing players and fans alike even in his off games when he’s 0/10 from 3 (which actually happened), and is a bit of a technical foul magnet because of it. Good passer with vision, but tries too many high risk plays which leads to inflated turnover numbers. A complete liability on defense.

I don’t know. I’m definitely not opposed to adding another shooter, but there’s still guys available who shoot just as well without the baggage and volatility. My gut reaction is that I don’t love this pick up.
He's the backup not going to see him 30-35 mins Coach Pope will have a leash on him when it comes to talking to the fans I think

Reactions: NociHTTP
Seen him plenty of times at Arizona, kid can play! Has a ton of confidence in himself. Love the Marshall Henderson comparison, that's exactly who I would compare him too. Only difference being he's a better passer. All the rest being true, loves to talk smack, defensively I think he's average. Very good pickup. Right now probably 1st guard off the bench. Think we need a good combo guard and hopefully can get Jaxon Robinson as another wing. And 1 more big body in case of foul trouble

I think this is a disaster from an attitude and team chemistry perspective. Dude is another Marshall Henderson from Ole Miss and chirps the entire game. Talks smack the entire time and then if he hits a shot has exuberant obnoxious celebrations. I’ll get trashed for this post which is inevitable but I want it on the record I think this is a HUGE mistake.
As a fa.ous Russian general once said " He may be a SOB, but he’s our SOB" I like a little vinegar in my greens. You could have said the same thing about Mcgliore,Bennett,Travis Ford,even Antione Walker. Having them didn't hurt us a bit

Before last season, 37% FG shooter. 35% 3pt shooter on 500 atttempts. Highly inefficient 4 college basketball seasons under his belt. Good passer, turns the ball over damn near 25% of the possessions he plays.

Kudos on his season last year. If he can repeat that then great. If not he's the same inefficient mid-major level type player he was at Arizona where his mediocrity was elevated slightly by the many talented players he had play with him. The NCAAT experience is nice as well.

Im not putting lipstick on a pig just because he had 1 decent season behind the arc.

UK’s top ranked transfer is 23rd. For a season that is 95% dependent on the transfer portal, I'm starting to worry a bit.

Out of the 8 total transfers, just 3 are ranked in the top 50 for UK’s class.

While West Virginia is getting studs like Javon Small (top 10) and Tucker DeVries (top 3), Kentucky is getting Kerr Kriisa (not ranked inside the top 100).
Bradshaw was ranked where?? Wagner?

Maybe, but if Pope has tried to get him multiple times and took a chance on him once again, there has to be significantly greater benefit than cost. At least that's what I'm hoping.
95th percentile spot-up shooter, 99th percentile catch-and-shoot. I think that's the upside he's interested in. It's clear Pope is seeking out guys who are good in those areas, and Kriisa is one of the best.

I look at Kriisa as a very viable alternative to Aidan Mahaney (who will not be a Cat) with a slightly different twist. We need two solid and experienced players to man the point guard position. I have no doubt that Lamont Butler will be the starter but he might be in foul trouble or or turn an ankle or just need a blow from time to time. Mahaney can play there in spots but he is really a two. Kriisa, on the other hand, is the converse of that. His highest and best position is point but he can also slide over and play the two; and frankly, IMO Kriisa is a better shooting guard than Mahaney is a point.

But in any event, Kriisa will help us and is a strong addition to the team. I have seen quite a few of his games on the tube over the years and he competes his butt off. I have complete confidence that Pope (who already has an established relationship with Kriisa) will enlighten him on what it means to be a Wildcat and will keep his focus where it should be.

Last edited:
I look at Kriisa as a very viable alternative to Aidan Mahaney (who will not be a Cat) with a slightly different twist. We need two solid and experienced players to man the point guard position. I have no doubt that Lamar Butler will be the starter but he might be in foul trouble or or turn an ankle or just need a blow from time to time. Mahaney can play there in spots but he is really a two. Kriisa, on the other hand, is the converse of that. His highest and best position is point but he can also slide over and play the two; and frankly, IMO Kriisa is a better shooting guard than Mahaney is a point.

But in any event, Kriisa will help us and is a strong addition to the team. I have seen quite a few of his games on the tube over the years and he competes his butt off. I have complete confidence that Pope (who already has an established relationship with Kriisa) will enlighten him on what it means to be a Wildcat and will keep his focus where it should be.
GP

Reactions: CatsDomain
Dog Running GIF

Is very talented and wanted to play for us. Just too much bickering about his personality IMO. He will have the best coaches he has had and the system he has played in. Got a feeling he will grow a lot on and off the court this season and be integral part of the success we will have.

@CrimsonCats im just saying hes going to be an entertaining villain. Relax. Kriisa had 14 pts and 5 asts in that game against an all-world player btw

I’ve read that he’ll hit a huge 3 to possibly win the game one possession and then have a really bad turnover the next time down the court.

He may run his mouth, but if Pope tried to get him three separate times, he can't be a locker room cancer. Pope cares more about team players than anybody.

We got a PG that led Arizona to a 1 seed and another PG that led his team to the final game. I’m really not sure what some fans want, this is a really week Freshman class coming as well, this is no doubt in my mi d both these guys will be considerably better than Wagner was as a Freshman and they likely will be better than Fland, I know for a fact they will be better defensively than any guard we had last year.

He’s a clone of one of my favorite Wildcats of all time, Patrick Sparks! Attitude and all! As long as he doesn’t slap the floor, I like a guy with confidence and a little trash talk never hurt anyone. Just ask the goat, MJ. The best trash talker of all time.

Why don’t you let him get here and watch him play before worrying needlessly about his personality. That stuff was in his past. I’m sure he’s matured and will be called on to be a leader.

I for one am glad to get a confident guy whose hands don’t shake guard who isn’t afraid plus one who can hit the three! Good passer as well. Team first

Last edited:
TODAY, he is better than Chandler, Perry, and I would even say Brea. You like all 3 of those better than Kriisa ? I say that referencing your comment "this is the ONLY one".
Like all of them but Krissa is a player and Chandler will end up the best of them all

Like all of them but Krissa is a player and Chandler will end up the best of them all
I’ve been thinking the same thing. Chandler’s sort of been forgotten amidst all the talk about others the last couple weeks, but I think he actually might be our player with the most long term star potential.

These older transfers are what they are. And we should know what Perry is after breathlessly following HS career like we did. Whereas Chandler is the great unknown. He looked like a fantastic prospect when we last saw him play …but that was over two years ago. If the two years’ rust clears quickly he could easily be this season’s happiest surprise.

Same old swamp gas from same old people. Cal left ,everybody but one recruit left. We need 11 to 12 guys. ALL of them have to come from the transfer portal, use your brains, how many guys are going to come here to sit on the bench. Do you really think that's how this new system works. Throw in a new coach who has never won an NCAA tournament game AND a program that hasn't been relevant in 5 years. Pope is doing the best he can,getting the best people he can get under the circumstances. Some of you guys seem to think it's 2012 and every player in the portal should be bowing down to the alter of UK greatness. Grow up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT