ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs South Carolina – what’s cooking at your tailgate or home?

I decided to make it a day earlier and eating it right now. With onions. I do prefer them raw though. Crunchier.
I typically do both, all three really. In the burger, chunky straight in the chili while cooking, and then some chopped in the bowl. Can’t have too much onion or heat IMO.

…. maybe too much heat, I’m getting older and the cast iron stomach fails me sometimes

Coffee, steaks 🥩 and fried eggs 🍳

Can’t drink anymore. I can out drink anyone on this board but I’d be under the influence of illegal substances in 24 hours or less.

I typically do both, all three really. In the burger, chunky straight in the chili while cooking, and then some chopped in the bowl. Can’t have too much onion or heat IMO.

…. maybe too much heat, I’m getting older and the cast iron stomach fails me sometimes
I messed it up with cayenne pepper once. I am sure there are some people that could eat but I couldn't. That's when I learned not to measure spices over the pot and to do it over the sink. I think the masa harina makes this recipe good.

Reactions: sieken
I'll probably do what I do most football Saturdays order a bunch of pizza, hoagies and wings from a local pizza joint and graze all day as I gorge myself on college football all day.
hi-livin.gif

Alright I’m grilling hamburgers and all beef hotdogs Kahn’s or ballpark. Johnsonville Beef brats and marinated Boneless pork chops. Wife fixing homemade hotdog sauce potato salad and the best baked beans you will ever eat.. Fruit and vegetable tray with homemade ranch dressing. Cooler full of Bud Light.

just drop some carolina reapers in there for good measure.

btw I did the one chip challenge last week. The heat went away fairly quickly, but right around the time that happens your stomach turns into a cement mixer
Lol, I grew some this year, novelty really. I'm going to freeze them until I figure out a hot sauce to use them in or maybe a marinade. I've eaten a salsa that had them in there, no idea how much he used or if he removed veins and seeds, definitely not something I would sit around and eat a bowl of but it was surprisingly good with a good bit of sting.

We usually have something that somehow fits thematically with the Kentucky opponent, either regionally, based on mascot, tradition, etc.

Carolina pulled pork today, and Thanksgiving weekend I’m looking forward to returning to my tradition of smoking some lamb (can’t find mutton) for the Louisville game. The only thing we do like this for basketball also involves smoked lamb, and that’s burgoo for Kentucky-Louisville.

Got 40 wings with Jack Daniel's sweet and spicy sauce mix in Texas Pete for spicy BBQ wings off the grill just in time for game. Some tators of sum variety and Mac and I will wash it down with Makers and Coke. Gonna be beatiful here in KY tonight and gotta work in the morning but it won't stop me from raising alittle hell tonight Go Cats!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT