ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs. Alabama - Game 2

Don't disagree re ump having a job to get it right, but overall, UK is taking too many called strike 3's, IMO. Obviously, the ump was very generous with the strike zone with Bama's pitchers on the mound (not the case for Haake), which you have to take into account. Dawson, to his credit, battled in previous at bats.

It's also the timing of these strikeouts. Seems that we frequently strike out with the RISP.

What a lack of confidence in our bullpen. Haake walks 9 guys and has thrown over 110 pitches and Coach Ming leaves him in there to serve up a grand slam. Inexcusable, no Machemer warming up in the pen This team may not make the SEC Tournament let alone hosting in the NCAA. They will be out of the polls this week. I am sick of giving away games, no excuse with the talent on this team. I would like to get in someone's ear and find out what is wrong with this inconsistent offense and lack of faith in the bullpen.

The color guy on the TV broadcast (believe he pitched in the bigs for a bit) was attributing it to lack of concentration. For what that is worth. Haake would be cruising along efficiently, and then throw four straight balls or four of five being balls (with maybe one being close to being strike). Then would settle right back in and get the needed out(s). He deserved better than the result he got today.

I think that guy likes to rant about that. Seems like he was ranting about relaxing when you get two outs and feeling like you were already in the dugout.

What a lack of confidence in our bullpen. Haake walks 9 guys and has thrown over 110 pitches and Coach Ming leaves him in there to serve up a grand slam. Inexcusable, no Machemer warming up in the pen This team may not make the SEC Tournament let alone hosting in the NCAA. They will be out of the polls this week. I am sick of giving away games, no excuse with the talent on this team. I would like to get in someone's ear and find out what is wrong with this inconsistent offense and lack of faith in the bullpen.

I have no idea why they have no faith in Coleman. The kid has struck out 19 hitters against 38 faced and opponents are only hitting .189 against him. He should be our setup guy at a minimum and should have been running out there after at least the second walk of the 8th.

Very suspect playing and coaching today. Out of sync and very passive,seems every phase is disconnected. Coach Ming needs to rally the troops!

Gabe ...I think I'm correct on this... no SEC team has gotten selected for the ncaa tourney , much less host, that has not played in the SEC tournament. If they don't win tomorrow, win the u6 game plus sweep SC I'm saying early that the CATS will be sitting home. It is ridiculous that in college bb using a metal bat, that you don't score more runs than this.

When he walked the lead off, that's when you go get him. Everybody knew that. But they gambled and lost. But you know what, where's the high powered offense been? That's story of the weekend.
Agree totally!!! Pitching be damned

Not sure we are headed to hosting a regional at this pace. We may be hoping to get into the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT