ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v Vandy (Tourney)

We can win this game today. Would be cool to win it and then see if we can grab one more to get into the NCAA

We can win this game today. Would be cool to win it and then see if we can grab one more to get into the NCAA

Still waiting to see who Vandy goes with. I am guessing they pitch Chris McElvain, who was extremely successful against us in April. We are going with Hagenow who only went 0.1 innings against Vandy before giving up 4 runs on 2 hits. Going to need very different outings from those two pitchers to grab a win.

Reactions: Basil Cat
2:15 ET start time. Still haven't seen Vandy twitter post a lineup.

A weird start already as Hagenow gives up a leadoff walk. Bradford steals second, as he always does, and then gets picked off at second for the first time all year. That is like 43 steals and 1 failed attempt. Then Jump doesn't get a good read on a fly ball and gives up a double. The second poor outfield play on a ball to left in as many games.

Reactions: SeanCain
A weird start already as Hagenow gives up a leadoff walk. Bradford steals second, as he always does, and then gets picked off at second for the first time all year. That is like 43 steals and 1 failed attempt. Then Jump doesn't get a good read on a fly ball and gives up a double. The second poor outfield play on a ball to left in as many games.
That ball was Jumps the whole way but Ritter acted like he had it.
Not a good start but we got out of it.
Hagenow is not throwing strikes.

Weird game so far. Bradford with 2 huge mistakes takes a run from Vandy and gives UK a run

Left 2 on. Big wasted opportunity. We are not talented enough 1-9 for our 2/3/4 bats to not show up in Hoover.

This Vandy team is not a great hitting team but can't give then free passes or make poor D plays. Of course, can't do that anyway but especially with a team that plays station to station baseball.

Can't believe we bunted there. That's bad baseball but even worse baseball for Vandy that we scored and they didn't get an out!!!

Reactions: SeanCain
It's really strange to see Vandy play this bad. I'm used to their teams like 2019.

Don't understand the frustration with the bunting today. That's classic baseball and Vandy hasn't proven they can handle it. The only reason I could see to stop bunting would be if you are tired of scoring runs?

Reactions: deep3
Don't understand the frustration with the bunting today. That's classic baseball and Vandy hasn't proven they can handle it. The only reason I could see to stop bunting would be if you are tired of scoring runs?

Ehh some people just dont prefer the small ball approach. Hard to complain when it works though

Nice win. Still probably two wins away from ncaa tourney and you get either LSU or UT next game.

I thought it was a very well played and coached game by UK. Granted I don’t watch near as many games as you guys but to be honest was impressed with the effort

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT