ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Ohio (NCAA Tournament)

Infield in for Heady. Heady got a pitch to drive, but just missed it. Heady then attempted to bunt and fouled it off. Strange. Heady then got a big time hit up the middle, but the SS knocked it down and threw him out and UK isn't able to score the run. Heck of a play.

Pompey makes them pay with a single through the hole on the left side to score Marshall and put UK up 4-0!!!

White also singles through the left side! 2nd and first with 2 outs.

The thing about this Ohio team is that they don't make many mistakes. They make you earn runs. Even when we get walks, they are making some very solid plays to get outs and limit the number of runs we've scored.

Still, I kind of like this score because it seems when we kill opponents we come back and lay an egg the next game. Maybe if we just win this solidly that won't happen tomorrow.

What is Hjelle's pitch count looking like? Be nice to not wear him out so he could potentially pitch Monday if it gets to that must win game.

Hjelle losing it a bit here in these last two innings. Need to get through this inning. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Hjelle at about 90 pitches now.

What is Hjelle's pitch count looking like? Be nice to not wear him out so he could potentially pitch Monday if it gets to that must win game.

I don't think there is any possible way that he returns to pitch on Monday. That is basically 2 days rest. Was never going to happen. Worse case scenario is that we pitch by committee on Monday, possible do what we did in the first game of the SEC tournament.

Becker gets a leadoff single to start the bottom of the 6th. Ogg now coming out and Ohio going to another righty, Rudniki (sp?).

The thing about this Ohio team is that they don't make many mistakes. They make you earn runs. Even when we get walks, they are making some very solid plays to get outs and limit the number of runs we've scored.

Still, I kind of like this score because it seems when we kill opponents we come back and lay an egg the next game. Maybe if we just win this solidly that won't happen tomorrow.
Best defensive team we have faced all season IMO.

Squires gets a 4 pitch walk while trying to bunt the runners over. Bases loaded for Marshall and no outs.

New pitcher now for Ohio. Another righty for Ohio, Blessing I believe is his name. Tall order for the new pitcher facing Carson. UK needs to grab a few more runs and get as many innings out of Hjelle as we can.

Carson swung at a pitch at his eyes and strikes out for the first out. Heady got ahold of one, but foul. We're getting great bats on some, but well ahead of them. Heady works the count on Blessing and draws a walk 6-0!!!

White puts one about 2 feet away from the wall. Just barely missed the grand slam. A little wind and that one is gone. Going to the 7th up 6-0.

Hjelle with a strikeout to get the second out and now up to 96 pitches. Gives up a two out single on a hard grounder down the third base line. Then he gets a groundout to end the inning. He's just over 100. I'd send him out there again. Then maybe give the ball over to Cleary or Maley in the 9th.. might even let him go for the entire 9 if I can.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Hjelle getting hit kind of hard here in the 8th. Runners once again at 1st and 2nd, this time with 0 outs. Not sure if anyone is up and warming.

Belanger coming out to meet with Hjelle. He'll stick with him for a bit. Would love to see a K or a double play here.

Rott destroyed a home run. I mean absolutely murdered it. Holy cow. 6-3 now.

UK now going to the bullpen. That really hurt. Now probably need a stronger pitcher to come in here. Not sure who it will be.

Machamer it is. Would maybe like to see him pitch 1 and then Pop pitch the 9th.

Wish they would have made the change at the beginning of the 8th, Hjelle would have had a 7 inning shut out.

Yea, but if you can get 9 out of him you have to try. Especially when we don't know what our bullpen really looks like right now.

Mach gives up a walk in the first at bat he faces. Needs to settle in here.

The good thing here is that Mach is missing low with the fastball. He gets two outs after the walk. Not extremely sharp so far though. Strikeout to end the inning for Mach!!! Going to the bottom of the 8th. Let's get those runs back UK!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT