ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. NC State (Finale)

It goes without saying I'm proud of the team. Unbelievable performance tonight with hitters battling through tough luck early to manufacture runs later in the game, and flat out gritty performances by the three pitchers.

Also very proud of the crowd. It flat out brought it last night and tonight. Big-time atmosphere and home field advantage.

Which pitcher was it that stared down the UK bench Saturday night? Bet he's having a nice trip back to Raleigh.

CB3, I say this in all seriousness...my buddy and I were at every game of the regional and it was the most fun I've every had attending a UK sporting event...crowds were absolutely awesome and the stadium was rocking!!!:baseball::boxing:[banana]:cool2:[banana]

I stayed until the very end and have to agree. No, it does not compare to beating Florida in football, or winning an NCAA regional title in basketball . . . but for pure fun, that was awfully hard to top.

P.S. I have never before credited Neil Diamond for swinging the momentum of a sporting event, but once the crowd started singing "Sweet Caroline" to every NC State batter, UK and Hjelle just mowed 'em down.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Which pitcher was it that stared down the UK bench Saturday night? Bet he's having a nice trip back to Raleigh.

That was Sean Adler.

I have to say that there was not a whole lot that I liked about that NC State team. I thought their centerfielder was outstanding defensively, as was their 3rd baseman. However, their attitudes and their stunts left me very irked. The third baseman mouthed off to the umpire twice and almost got thrown out. Their coach rubbed me the wrong way, especially acting as though he was some old genius who was just so smart with every decision. Their pitcher staring down our dugout really made me miffed, and I'm so glad he didn't get to celebrate outside of the one game. I typically like NC State sports, largely because of their hatred of all things UNC and Duke, but this Wolfpack baseball team did a lot of things to try to make me change my mind on that.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
I stayed until the very end and have to agree. No, it does not compare to beating Florida in football, or winning an NCAA regional title in basketball . . . but for pure fun, that was awfully hard to top.

P.S. I have never before credited Neil Diamond for swinging the momentum of a sporting event, but once the crowd started singing "Sweet Caroline" to every NC State batter, UK and Hjelle just mowed 'em down.

Hahaha that was such a weird event. It took on a life of its own.

No, it does not compare to beating Florida in baseball
If only we had the chance to compare the two.

Did anyone else hear their coach interview and he said something like "we've played emotional teams before" acting like we were the crazy ones. Sheesh

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
The Cats definitely got in the NC State team's heads. Several times they would pan from a shot of the cup rally cap running around the field over to the NC State bench and they always seemed to have a look of agitated bewilderment on their faces - especially the crotchety old skipper.

We'll see when we beat Fla this year, but disagree with the basketball analogy...I know one thing, I wish the crowds in Rupp and KCWS were like those crowds for four days...and you are right, the Sweet Carolina thing was...well, SWEET!!!

Someone who is technology savvy needs to make a short video or two of Keen's antics. The running slide after a foul ball in left and the goofy run down the third baseline are two that come to mind. Then just a ton of shots of the epic rally hat.

18953397_10155429290874581_4030095802890256901_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT