ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. NC State (Finale)

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
Away we go. My audio is on delay again. So updates will be behind

White swinging at outside pitches before also tagging one right at center

Reks pops up into shallow left for out 3. Logue needs to keep the ball down.

0-0 going to bottom 1

This stupid rivals video at the bottom of the page annoys the heck out of me. Constantly shuts off my audio on iheartradio

Thanks for the updates comebakatz3. Raining like hurricane season hear in Rockcastle County. Satelite out.

Logue strikeout on the leadoff hitter!! Good start!! 6 straight strikes for Logue and on the 7th it just misses low. Bad call. That was strike 3. He then gets a popup to White in foul territory!! Three hole hitter is the scary one, but Logue is going right at him and Logue gets him on strikes!!!! 3 up 3 down!!!

NC State coach brings memories of Rodney Dangerfield. Hope he forsakes the delay tactics tonight

We're making good contact so far, just not finding the gaps. Piedmonte is leaving some pitches up, gotta make him pay.

Mahan gets a 1 out single up the middle!

Umpire still doing a terrible job. Even Mingione is annoyed about it. Becker battles though and gets 7 pitches before being retired on a fly out to right. Just got under one on the hands. Mahan lines one back through the middle for a base hit!!

Cottam goes down on three pitches. Marshall now up and swinging early. Piedmonte also filling the strike zone. Marshall is due. Just 2 for 14 in the regional. Passed ball moves Mahan up 90 feet into scoring position. Let's go Marsh!!! 3-1 for Marsh, but he grounds out to first.

By the way, Coach Cal posted up against the hitting barn taking this one in. They show him directly on tv just after I typed this. Lol

Much better half inning. We got his pitch count up a bit. Around 30 pitches

Damn Logue... left it high and they just barely missed a home run. UK almost threw him out at second as well.

Soft liner to second and Mahan takes it for the first out. Logue gets an 0-2 count and then a strike out on a high and tight fastball. Logue loading up on low curve balls but not getting the strike calls. First one looked good. He comes down Broadway to finally get a call. He then battles to get a swinging strike before giving up the 2 run home run 2-0 State

As I said, he's way too prone to make mistakes and they seem to always capitalize

Terrible start tonight. Really needed to get the lead with our pitching situation tonight. Ugh, come on boys need to get it going

Let's get it back. Carson coming up and he's been hot. Hope he continues to be.

It may benefit us most nights but I hate the small ball park.

Sucks Logue has pitched great and they have 2 runs. 2 hits and 2 runs.

Carson does down swinging. Heady to the plate and Piedmonte can't find the plate and walks him on 4 straight!

Keen has his cup hat on. I like that sign.

It's early. We can recover. Got to capitalize when we have chances though. We'all need at least 8 imo

5 straight balls.6 straight. Finally gets a strike. Hugged the inside corner. Pompey then swung through one. Pulled his head off the ball. Full count. Grounder to the right side moves the runner but Pompey is out at first.

White didn't look great in the first at bat. Hope he can get one here. Good eye early. Heady well off the bag draws a throw from the catcher but he's back in time. White draws 3 straight balls. Up to 47 pitches for the NC State ace now. Walked him on 4 straight.

Reks now up. Piedmonte running it into the hands on lefties pretty well. Reks puts one in the gap but the center fielder makes a diving catch to save 2 runs. It hung up just enough. Wow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT