ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Miss. State (Sunday)

I don't think that was the case at all. Schaenzer had a solid outing at Tennessee and another one starting against Indiana. Yesterday, Thompson and Hazelwood did a great job and largely shut down Miss. State. I believe that Belanger and Ming saw this and felt like State struggled against left handed pitching. So, he threw Brad hoping to get a quality start and hoping that they'd struggle against another lefty. Unfortunately, Brad is just not on the same level as Thompson or Hazelwood and they ate his cookies.

I agree that it wasn't a good decision, but I can see the logic there. Now, why they left Mcgeorge in and especially for as long as they did is beyond me. I'm fine with them turning to McGeorge to shut down an inning which he has proven he can do, but Harper really should have basically been a second starter and should have kept warm throughout the early innings in preparation of coming in.

I don't mind the decision to start Schaenzer (though I disagree with it), but it was immediately clear that he didn't have it. They then bring in another pitcher who immediately got shelled. You can't get down 9-0 before taking action. The game was lost in the second inning and you can't have that.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT