ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Indiana

Way to battle back here Thompson. One more out is all we need to get to the pen.

Hopefully it's a good sign that they are seeing it just a bit better

Dang I really wanted Storm to get a hit, but still have to like what he got there. He's in the books!

Reactions: barbourfor3
Decent inning by Cleary. Glad to see some of these other guys in this game.

Wow. Really Cleary? Dear Lord kid. You only needed one more out. Now going to Maley to try to get the final one? Kentucky up 5 runs.

So as I understand the rather complicated college baseball playoff format UK would be in the equivalent of the Sweet 16 if we now beat NC State not only tonight, but again tomorrow. Whereas they are in with a win tonight.

As it so happened I just tuned in for the grand slam which put the game out of reach. Awesome! Nothing this UK fan likes more than beating IU at anything! Now just take care of NC State, and on to I assume UL in the "super regional" Whatever. Baseball is a funny and equalizing game. I've always loved it.

So as I understand the rather complicated college baseball playoff format UK would be in the equivalent of the Sweet 16 if we now beat NC State not only tonight, but again tomorrow. Whereas they are in with a win tonight.

Correct baseball is a double elimination tournament, including super regionals and CWS, until the last two teams, I think

Correct baseball is a double elimination tournament, including super regionals and CWS, until the last two teams, I think

Super regionals are a best of three, which I guess is kind of double elimination. CWS is double elimination until final 2 and they again play best of three.

Reactions: EliteBlue

Yea, that's the way to see it. Play until 3 of the 4 or 1 of the 2 has lost 2 games. I don't know, but I suspect we'd have a couple more titles in basketball if that were the format.

Does anyone know if there will be a TV broadcast for the game tonight?

As much a small I like Lewis stuff. If somehow they make it to supers I'd like to see Thompson get the start over him. Kids a bulldog.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT