ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Houston

How on Earth with Vandy, UK, and State down there are these games not being covered by SECN

You called it. They start Trey Cumbie, a 6'2 lefty junior. He has 0-0 on the year with two starts and a 1.50 ERA. He has given up 2 runs on 4 hits in 12 innings of work.
I see that Vandy and SHS went 10 innings, with Vandy winning 7-6. Oops, I read it wrong, SHS beat Vandy 7-6 ..... Hummmmm

Reactions: AgesBlue
Supposedly they are going to start the UK game at around 5:30 eastern.

Astros stadium is V nice . . . especially with a WS champion playing there.

Also . . . no Pompey still?

I hate seeing Pompey sitting for this one. For one, I’m sure he would love to be out there playing this weekend. For two, he is our best player and needed in difficult games like these.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Well this worked out perfectly. Got in a good mid afternoon nap, now I'll get in my workout while I watch the baseball game using Chromecast.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Collette with a one out dying quail single to right.

HEYER BLASTS A TWO RUN HOME RUN TO LEFT!!!!!!

No doubter! That was a thing of beauty. Johnson then ropes one down the left field line for a double!!! Good hitting with Cumbie not being real sharp in the 2nd.

ARod drills one to short that isn't easily handled and he reaches on an error. Johnson stays put.

I like these Houston uniforms. Stirrup socks are always a cool option.

Dawson goes down looking. Cumbie throwing some nasty pitches, but they are catching a lot of the plate. He's getting a generous strike zone at the bottom though. That will make him tough to hit.

Whew... Squires checks his swing and takes a ball to get to full count and he continues to battle. Great at bat. Three full count foul offs before he draws a walk. Excellent job.

Aklinski hits a gapper into right center to clear the bases!!!! 5-0!!! Great hitting here with 2 outs!!!

He hits the leadoff man before getting a pop up to second and then a strikeout in the dirt. Hjelle starting to settle in and beginning to work ahead. Ground out to Dawson to end the 2nd

5-0

Single up the middle by Cottam and then Collette getting some big swings but not getting a hold of it. He then flies out to deep center for out one. Heyer up and he falls behind early, but battling before going down on strikes. Cumbie has some nasty stuff. Johnson falls behind early 0-2 and then hits a LINE DRIVE ROUND TRIPPER!!!!!!

7-0 KENTUCKY!!!

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
It went to right field. Another hanging pitch that Johnson didn't miss. ARod then strikes out. He took a good back at it though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT