ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Texas Tech (game 3 - Sunday)

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet on these guys. Think back to Minge's first year at UK. Rough start to that one, too. A lot of question marks, but a lot of time to resolve them. And, if there's a silver lining this weekend, they were very competitive and probably should have won the first two games against a third-ranked team. They were their own worst enemy. Today, just not competitive at all, but I can understand part of that with the position players standing in the field all day long waiting for their pitchers to throw strikes and record outs.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Texas Tech bringing in the water boy and we walk him to load the bases.

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet on these guys. Think back to Minge's first year at UK. Rough start to that one, too. A lot of question marks, but a lot of time to resolve them. And, if there's a silver lining this weekend, they were very competitive and probably should have won the first two games against a third-ranked team. They were their own worst enemy. Today, just not competitive at all, but I can understand part of that with the position players standing in the field all day long waiting for their pitchers to throw strikes and record outs.
Henderson left some talent on that team. This bunch doesn't have much and that's on this coaching staff.

I know we’re down because of this weekend’s
Henderson left some talent on that team. This bunch doesn't have much and that's on this coaching staff.

I respectfully disagree. 1 series doesn’t make a season. In 2017, they got swept by UNC and took an L vs Liberty. I’m not guaranteeing a CWS appearance but I will guarantee you they’ll be a respectable baseball team when it’s said and done. Honest question. Do you really think it’s easy to overcome 13 people being drafted? That’s a lot to overcome just 6 games into the season especially vs the #3 team that hits the piss out of the ball. We all need to be patient and not jump off of the ledge 6 games in.

Reactions: RogerIndy
I know we’re down because of this weekend’s

I respectfully disagree. 1 series doesn’t make a season. In 2017, they got swept by UNC and took an L vs Liberty. I’m not guaranteeing a CWS appearance but I will guarantee you they’ll be a respectable baseball team when it’s said and done. Honest question. Do you really think it’s easy to overcome 13 people being drafted? That’s a lot to overcome just 6 games into the season especially vs the #3 team that hits the piss out of the ball. We all need to be patient and not jump off of the ledge 6 games in.
Yeah, I think things will get better, when we return to open KPP, and have a nice home stand. Tech is one of the better programs in the country, but we helped them out a lot also with errors and walks.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Did Ming catch lightning in a bottle his first year? I guess we will find out as the year progresses after last year’s terrible disappointment.
To be quite fair, as much as most of us disliked GH's coaching he left some good players here especially pitchers.

Last edited:
Reactions: irishcat1965
It will be interesting to see what happens with this year. I'm not losing faith in Mingione as much as I am in Belanger. Need to see some starters develop and the bullpen make strides.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT