ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky selected as mamba program

I don't know what's gotten into Cal, but something feels different with him lately.

This is a big deal I think. Wasn't really a "fan" of Kobe, but I respect how good he was, and no one should have to die like that, with his kid. Glad Kentucky was picked to carry on his name, in a way.
Agree on all parts. No Kobe fan, but he was a dude for sure. His way of leaving life was bad, his child being there was just awful as well.

UK getting picked by her is pretty amazing.

Kobe is Jordan for a lot of younger fans. He basically copied Jordan. Bald head, stuck his tongue out, killer on the court, insane work ethic, wore 24 as a nod to jordan, had the fadeaway, insane footwork. So to sit there and say younger players dont know Kobe or care about him or something is BS. Every young player tries to copy Kobe. They know about mamba mentality.

No doubt... but he isn't Jordan and ain't Lebron. The only people I hear waxing nostalgic about Kobe, are 30ish years old men... to their sons, who couldn't care less.
Kobe's actually way more respected by the NBA player community, and more accomplished than LeBron in the titles category.

LeBron has lived off the fat of media hype his entire career. He couldn't win anything without perennial fellow hall of famers surrounding him. He had to flee Cleveland and head to the only other Eastern Conference team that had a 1st team All-NBA player on it: Miami. The East was trash through most of LeBron's existence out there.

Kobe is Jordan for a lot of younger fans. He basically copied Jordan. Bald head, stuck his tongue out, killer on the court, insane work ethic, wore 24 as a nod to jordan, had the fadeaway, insane footwork. So to sit there and say younger players dont know Kobe or care about him or something is BS. Every young player tries to copy Kobe. They know about mamba mentality.
Kobe never made his teammates better. His teammates in his championship years made him better. Huge difference if we are being honest.

Jordan lifted teams up to a championship level. Kobe could never be that type of player.

What your describing is brand X when compared to Jordan.

• Haha
Reactions: DraftCat
Kobe's actually way more respected by the NBA player community, and more accomplished than LeBron in the titles category.

LeBron has lived off the fat of media hype his entire career. He couldn't win anything without perennial fellow hall of famers surrounding him. He had to flee Cleveland and head to the only other Eastern Conference team that had a 1st team All-NBA player on it: Miami. The East was trash through most of LeBron's existence out there.
Not true. Miami was like 43-37 before Lebron got there. Everyone needs help. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. Kobe had Shaq.

There’s no totally scientific way to gauge how influential a person is, but at least anecdotally as someone who works with kids, Kobe still seems to be idolized by quite a few middle school/high school kids judging by how much of his gear I still see them wearing. This may not singlehandedly sway any recruits, but it certainly can’t hurt us as far as having a coolness factor.

What does Lebron have to do with anything?
If Kobe only winning 2 without Shaq drops him out of the top 5 then I guess the same could be said about Lebron since he only won 2 without Wade. (Both are ridiculous statements by the way as they are both top 5 no matter how many titles they won with or without Wade or Shaq)

Does anyone have any idea of what this really means and how it's significant at all? Our team already gets the latest shoes. And who cares about the shoes anyway?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT