ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky opens practice today

I can see it now @ Rupp vs hogs new Nike denim uniforms one night only. If it's a hit it will be back in demand and I'm sure it will be when we kick that behind.

Reactions: ukfan041
Pope was very close to being an MD. He is going to get data and more data and more data. Then, he will track his decisions based on the data and look for trends. I think that will serve him well. I just hope he can find times to go against the data, because other people study data too and if you over emphasize being data driven, you can become predictable. We don’t want to be predictable. That is why the read and react is so important in his offense. It also won’t be fluid until mid season at best. You can tell people what to do and they may know what to do, but until it becomes second nature it can be defended!

I am so excited for the season to start!! Go Cats!!!!!
The data says he should have finished his medical degree, but he went with his gut and now he is at his dream job. I'll trust his instinct until given a reason not to.

Yep
Players are literally getting paid but the NCAA says you can only practice 4 hours per week…
This is so laughably obnoxious I can't get over it. Is someone being paid to police this rule? Do coaches have to call a NCAA rep to log their practice hours? Of all the nonsensical BS going on with college athletics, we're worried about limiting summer practice hours? I'm sure this has probably been a rule for a while, but seriously, who the F cares about how many hours teams practice in the SUMMER?! As Iverson would say, "We talkin about practice man?!"

Reactions: will1976
okay, so how do we get to order some of those converse ball shoes?

As a kid I had the denim shoes....wish i kept them in good condition.

He just talks like someone who loves players and loves the game. That's really been missing despite some buzz words.
holy shit, he sounds like an ideal leader!!!! Calm, and instilling more confidence than the players had going.

LETS GET NUMBER NINE IN THE FIRST SEASON! I'm back to having unreasonable expectations.

• Love
Reactions: BlueSince92
holy shit, he sounds like an ideal leader!!!! Calm, and instilling more confidence than the players had going.

LETS GET NUMBER NINE IN THE FIRST SEASON! I'm back to having unreasonable expectations.
Right? I am SO psyched about the way Mark Pope has handled every single step in the process. Why not get our hopes up?

Still don't see why they can't. Ncaa rules are a joke at this point.
We will need a little bit of a united front but if the power five can rally around summer play the hand can be forced.

It would be a tremendous tool to drive up fan and media interest and engagement while holistically creating a better product for the traditional season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT