ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky opens practice today

Man I need to update my UK gear soon. Not for sure if I should take a trip to Lexington and visit the area soon or just shop fanatics.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Story is up on KSR. All 12 signees are there and the NCAA allows 4 hours of practice per week through August. GO CATS!!!
Batman Dancing GIF

The program will be more open and transparent than any time in the Cal era. The summer practice and general behind the scenes content is going to be absolutely awesome.
minus Tubby on occasion i do not remember any UK coach having open practices
i know neither Pitino, BCG or Cal did

Reactions: Fox2monk
I see a program like Michigan have long youtube video on their opening practice. Didn't see Ky.

Pope said they will be doing three on three and four on four early. Said getting in shape will not be a problem and laughed about it. So would say our team will probably be in great shape when the season starts.

As part of camp we got to meet new strength and conditioning coach and your facility. Guy seems big into statistical analysis of jump testing, etc. He goes pretty far back with Pope and worked his way up from HS coaching to the Milwaukee Bucks. Pretty impressive.

What if our opponents are practicing in the same manner as us?

Its gonna be some close and hard fought games this year.

Again, gotta be smart about making strengths better and weaknesses less apparent.

Reactions: will1976
As part of camp we got to meet new strength and conditioning coach and your facility. Guy seems big into statistical analysis of jump testing, etc. He goes pretty far back with Pope and worked his way up from HS coaching to the Milwaukee Bucks. Pretty impressive.
Pope was very close to being an MD. He is going to get data and more data and more data. Then, he will track his decisions based on the data and look for trends. I think that will serve him well. I just hope he can find times to go against the data, because other people study data too and if you over emphasize being data driven, you can become predictable. We don’t want to be predictable. That is why the read and react is so important in his offense. It also won’t be fluid until mid season at best. You can tell people what to do and they may know what to do, but until it becomes second nature it can be defended!

I am so excited for the season to start!! Go Cats!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT