ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky/Missouri

We are going to have to play lights out to beat them. Got Georgia next then Mizzou then UT.

Georgia and Mizzou are going to be tough to beat while UT sucks one thing they do well and have always done well is beat us.

If we drop those next 3 then we have UT Martin, (W), Candy (60/40 win) and UL toss up.

I thought Kentucky would win both before Wilson got hurt, now I don't know. Mizzou is kind of like the South Carolina game, we have beaten them several times in a row and they want us bad. The Tennessee game is one we have to win because we can't afford to lose to them anymore when their record is terrible. I don't think they are as bad as their record indicates, as for Mizzou they seem to be playing well but the game is winnable. Both games will be tough and they are at home and that's got to count for something.

We are going to have to play lights out to beat them. Got Georgia next then Mizzou then UT.

Georgia and Mizzou are going to be tough to beat while UT sucks one thing they do well and have always done well is beat us.

If we drop those next 3 then we have UT Martin, (W), Candy (60/40 win) and UL toss up.

We get the bye week before UT, which is nice.

Mizzu averages almost 37 points per game. We will play a style that might hold them a little below that, but don't know if we can score enough to beat them. The game being at home will hopefully make a difference.

UK would need to score a bunch in the Mizz game to win, that doesn't seem to be likely.

Rooster, I hate to tell you, but MIZZ is NOT going to score a lot against our defense. 24 points at the most. We can beat them. We scored 24 points in LB's first game at QB. You can bet the coaches saw some things they like, and will tweak his game a little more. UK wins, 27 to 24.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Rooster, I hate to tell you, but MIZZ is NOT going to score a lot against our defense. 24 points at the most. We can beat them. We scored 24 points in LB's first game at QB. You can bet the coaches saw some things they like, and will tweak his game a little more. UK wins, 27 to 24.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Yep. People seem to forget or just gloss over the fact that Bowden at QB led us to 24 pts in his first start as QB. I get it was against Arkansas, but it’s the same Arkansas team that A&M only got 31 with their number one QB. And not taking a knee the last 1:30 on the 10 yrd line about to score again. Not saying we will Beat Mizzu, just that we’re not dead in the water like some believe

I thought Kentucky would win both before Wilson got hurt, now I don't know. Mizzou is kind of like the South Carolina game, we have beaten them several times in a row and they want us bad. The Tennessee game is one we have to win because we can't afford to lose to them anymore when their record is terrible. I don't think they are as bad as their record indicates, as for Mizzou they seem to be playing well but the game is winnable. Both games will be tough and they are at home and that's got to count for something.
They will come into Lexington already bowl eligible @6-1 averaging 40+ ppg They will be up for bear after last year. If we can't/won't score it could get ugly.

Did I miss something where Mizzou (who we’ve beaten 4 straight) suddenly became some kind of Alabama-like juggernaut? I’ve seen multiple posters on here quivering and shaking in their boots saying we have to play an A+ game just to keep it within two touchdowns at home. Did I miss something? Who exactly have they beaten? West Virginia? South Carolina? Oh my. They’re a decent team (that lost to the always strong Wyoming Cowboys) but my God, some of you act like they’re Georgia or Alabama. I’d be pretty damn shocked if it isn’t at the very least a close game. Especially if the coaches play Bowden at QB and give us a chance to score a few points.

Reactions: Greasy Creak Mafia
They will come into Lexington already bowl eligible @6-1 averaging 40+ ppg They will be up for bear after last year. If we can't/won't score it could get ugly.

bowl eligible with no bowl to go to. Night game and plenty of rum for us. Uk 31-20

Lol. People still actually believe that the coaches don't want to score a lot.:joy::joy::joy:

They don't want to play games with a bunch of points. We use a ball control offense to keep the defense off the field. Stoops has made multiple comments throughout the years indicating such. If you think we are trying to run a high powered offense then you are watching a different game than I am.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
They don't want to play games with a bunch of points. We use a ball control offense to keep the defense off the field. Stoops has made multiple comments throughout the years indicating such. If you think we are trying to run a high powered offense then you are watching a different game than I am.
That's entirely different than saying they don't like to score a lot. What you are saying does not mean we don't want to score a lot. What it means is that we aren't going to be running the two minute offense the entries game. It's a methodical scoring method instead of a gunslinger mentality. But that doesn't mean the coaches don't want to score as much as possible. Their goal is to score every time they have a possession. If you don't believe that, then I just don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabcat
That's entirely different than dayisawe don't like to score a lot. What you are saying does not mean we don't want to score a lot. What it means is that we aren't going to be running the two minute offense the entries game. It's a methodical score method instead of a gunslinger mentality. But that doesn't mean the coaches don't want to score as much as possible. Their goal is to score every time the have a possession. If you don't believe that, then I just don't know what to tell you.

Exactly. It is funny some of our posters think we would be upset if we broke off a 75 yard play the first play after a kickoff. Trust me they wouldn’t.

I think if our defense bows up and answers the bell we can beat Missouri. By no means a guarantee.

Obviously worried about Georgia first. Need to see how we look v them. This team, hell all of Stoops teams, have shown a real proclivity for better and worse to carry the previous weeks game into next week. Even a stout moral victory this week could propel us.

Theyre calling for rain in Athens so Im saying weve got a shot. I say you turn Lynn loose and forget the rest. Throw the kitchen sink in and let instincts take over. Keep Georgia guessing.

And what do we average giving up defensively?
23.7. Mizzou averages giving up 15.8. That's a 23 PPG difference in favor of MO but the spread will be nowhere close to that. Per Sagarin, UK has played a #30 SOS and MO #63 to date. ESPN does not offer SOS played to date but projects remaining SOS. Those current Sagarin 30/63 SOS rankings basically flip for last 6 games per ESPN.

Allowing 3 points for home field the ESPN current numbers make MO about a 7 point road fav. Current Sagarin numbers (including home advantage) make MO an 11 point road favorite. FWIW, historically, 7 point road favs win about 70% of the time.

Peace

Last edited:
You think?...SHOW ME!
You'd think the FL game is evidence that we don't since we took the foot off the pedal while up two scores. The MS and SC games we were playing catch up so we were forced to try and throw the ball. That being said, I was a different approach than what the coaches had done in the past. Last year being down they still stuck to the slow pace and run game.

I am a little impressed with the second half of the Arkansas game and was actually impressed with the coaches trying 40 passes in the MS and SC game.

Did I miss something where Mizzou (who we’ve beaten 4 straight) suddenly became some kind of Alabama-like juggernaut? I’ve seen multiple posters on here quivering and shaking in their boots saying we have to play an A+ game just to keep it within two touchdowns at home. Did I miss something? Who exactly have they beaten? West Virginia? South Carolina? Oh my. They’re a decent team (that lost to the always strong Wyoming Cowboys) but my God, some of you act like they’re Georgia or Alabama. I’d be pretty damn shocked if it isn’t at the very least a close game. Especially if the coaches play Bowden at QB and give us a chance to score a few points.

I've noticed that often weaker opponents are pumped up here before we take them to the woodshed.....I see a 7-10 point victory

If our DBs can get one pick, and we get pressure on their QB. then we can definitely win. While we’re at it go ahead and ball out on special teams and we can win with authority.

On offense we need to get Wagner and Ali both tight ends involved with crossing routes in space. LBjr and Smoke , AJ , C. Rod can do the rest.

There’s a difference between not scoring enough and not wanting to score a lot. That’s two entirely different deals. If you can’t understand that I really don’t know what to say. We don’t score enough, our coaches would admit that. But to say they don’t want to score a lot is ignorance at best

Reactions: willievic

bump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT