ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky finally a 3 on BracketMatrix

Ridiculous that we weren't there already.

Beat Texas A&M tomorrow (since it's a Quad 1) and probably cements us as a 3.

Beat A&M and follow it with Bama, probably going to be the best #3 seed. It doesn't ALWAYS work this way, but that would mean we SHOULD get the worst #2 seed, and probably be in Purdue's bracket in Detroit.

Key games tonight for Kentucky’s competition for a 3 seed:

Kansas State vs Iowa State (8th rated on BM)

Providence vs Creighton (9th)

NC State vs Duke (11th)

Villanova vs Marquette (7th)

Cincinnati vs Baylor (10th)

The only other teams in play for a 3 don’t play until tomorrow (Illinois, Alabama, and Auburn). Considering KU is done, I’m penciling them in as a 4 at best

No way KU should be anywhere near a 4. That they rely so much on two dudes just to keep games close, and neither of those two are likely to be ready to go by NCAAT time, says all we need to know about this committee.

They've been blasted two games in a row without just two guys. And it's as clear as day what Self has been doing with this sitting of his players and basically forfeiting the B12 tournament - he's playing the injury card with the committee knowing they reward them with a high seed, believing their two players will be back and 100% by next week.

What will be funny is when they get their 4 and then get wiped out by the 13, even with a hobbled Dickheadson and/or McCullar.

Ridiculous that we weren't there already.

Beat Texas A&M tomorrow (since it's a Quad 1) and probably cements us as a 3.

Beat A&M and follow it with Bama, probably going to be the best #3 seed. It doesn't ALWAYS work this way, but that would mean we SHOULD get the worst #2 seed, and probably be in Purdue's bracket in Detroit.

Best 3 is essential if we want to avoid uconn and Houston. I'm not saying Purdue and perhaps Marquette in Detroit is a picnic but I'd prefer it over alternatives.

As much as it makes me vomit to say I think UT getting the last 1 helps UK go to Detroit. Detroit is closest to Knoxville so if UT top 2 (other than Zona that's clearly west) idk why they would send them further to Boston or Dallas. Idk though.

A few takeaways:

This means Kentucky is invariably taking the 3 spot that Kansas is opening by moving to the 4. I believe both our ratings moved a lot from this, ours up and theirs down.

This also says that these "experts" (I'm still a little shaky on thinking these guys know their stuff) feel that Kansas losing with injuries last night, whether by design or not, doesn't matter. A loss is a loss, and even if you let it slide, its still not a win.

If kentucky can win its 1st game, and either get a Q1 or a Q2 win, that should be all we need to stay ahead of them. Would really be nice to win two tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT