ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky baseball commits***

Getting offered as early as tomorrow, I hear

I’ve heard same. Though it’s just my opinion but seems like this kid should of been offered a while back not after putting up that kind of performance on a national stage in front of what I can assume was a ton of P5 coaches. I may be off base but seems UK has kind of slow played the kid when if it was me I would of tried to close the deal before he hit the summer circuit.

Reactions: SeanCain

Check out the 2022 Post-Gazette baseball players of the year

Class 3A

• Drew Lafferty, South Park, pitcher/shortstop

Drew couldn’t have drawn up his senior season much better. Lafferty was terrific as a pitcher and was also the top run producer for a South Park team that captured its first WPIAL title in nine years. There was nothing to laugh about when Lafferty was on the mound, as the right-hander showed why he’s headed to play in the SEC at Kentucky. Lafferty was 8-3 with a 1.64 ERA and registered 93 strikeouts and 21 walks in 55⅓ innings. But Lafferty excelled at the plate, as well. He hit .480 with 5 home runs, 41 RBIs and 25 runs scored. That two-way play was on display in an 11-1, six-inning win against Hopewell in the WPIAL championship when Lafferty fired a complete game with eight strikeouts and also homered. Lafferty won a WPIAL title at Seton LaSalle his freshman season before transferring to South Park following his sophomore year.

I’ve heard same. Though it’s just my opinion but seems like this kid should of been offered a while back not after putting up that kind of performance on a national stage in front of what I can assume was a ton of P5 coaches. I may be off base but seems UK has kind of slow played the kid when if it was me I would of tried to close the deal before he hit the summer circuit.
It’s not the best sign when others outside the program see things way before the staff does.

Hearing there's a commit from a Super Regional team...

My guess on that would be the kid from ECU that Roszel recruited...

Otherwise, available teams are:

Tennessee
Notre Dame
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas
Oregon State
Stanford
UConn
East Carolina
Louisville
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Virginia Tech
Auburn
Southern Miss
North Carolina

My guess on that would be the kid from ECU that Roszel recruited...

Otherwise, available teams are:

Tennessee
Notre Dame
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas
Oregon State
Stanford
UConn
East Carolina
Louisville
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Virginia Tech
Auburn
Southern Miss
North Carolina

It would a huge steal if it was the kid who was pitcher of year in PAC 12 from Stanford.

@Derek Terry @Seamhead_Ninja any hints you guys can provide as far as the exciting news thats coming? Can you say if it’s a new transfer commitment, HS commitment, a current commit who has decided to bypass the draft or other piece of positive news for the program? Or a combination of those things? Thanks for the great posts and content on this board.

@Derek Terry @Seamhead_Ninja any hints you guys can provide as far as the exciting news thats coming? Can you say if it’s a new transfer commitment, HS commitment, a current commit who has decided to bypass the draft or other piece of positive news for the program? Or a combination of those things? Thanks for the great posts and content on this board.
Multiple guys from the portal and at least one high school announcement should be coming. Wish I knew the timeframe, but I don’t. But some important pieces all the way around.

High school recruiting does seem to be a little better than the last couple years. We’ll see how it all turns out.

Reactions: Crazycat68

Dana at 113
Specht at 195

Ritter 150
Estep 215
Stupp 534

Dana at 113
Specht at 195

Ritter 150
Estep 215
Stupp 534
Lukas Schramm is also ranked 193 here, but it's an outlier compared to everywhere else. I haven't gotten the sense that UK is worried about Schramm not showing up.

Would love to see you guys do a position comparison based on this year vs last. When the roster is complete. I am way behind on what I know to offer any type comparison. I know what we had last year but know nothing about our new guys or even last years depth.

D1Baseball.com ranked outfielder Kendal Ewell as the No. 1 prospect in the ASUN for the 2022 MLB Draft … ranked as the 34th best outfielder in the nation by D1Baseball.com, no other ASUN player was ranked higher … on the Bobby Bragan Collegiate Slugger Award 2022 Watch List, the BBCSA is based on performance at the plate, academics and personal integrity … played in and started all 58 of the team’s games … made all his starts in left field … hit .361 with 10 doubles, 14 home runs, 51 RBIs and 55 runs scored … had 11 steals in 15 attempts … posted a .607 slugging percentage and a .482 on-base percentage …

Would love to see you guys do a position comparison based on this year vs last. When the roster is complete. I am way behind on what I know to offer any type comparison. I know what we had last year but know nothing about our new guys or even last years depth.
You’ve come to the right place.

Reactions: Crazycat68
Patrick Hererra 2022: Made 42 appearances and 33 starts as a first-year ... Second Team All-Big Ten second baseman ... Led Northwestern with a .336 average (38-for-113) and .457 OBP ... Doubled, walked and scored in his collegiate debut against UAB (2/19) ... Went 4-for-9 with two doubles in a series against Cincinnati (3/4-5) ... Tripled and singled against UIC (4/5) ... Crushed his first-career home run against Illinois (4/16) ... Notched his first three-hit game and scored three runs to help beat Michigan St. (4/22) ... Went 3-for-4 with two doubles against Milwaukee (4/26) ... Hit .500 (5-for-10) in a three-game series against Ohio State (5/7-5/8) ... Went 3-for-4 with a home run, double, two walks, three runs scored, a stolen base, and two RBI to help beat Milwaukee (5/10) ... Went 2-for-4 with a walk and three runs scored against Purdue (5/14) ... Reached base four times with two hits and two walks against Minnesota (5/19).

Transfer Portal Commits:
Kendall Ewell-EKU
Jackson Gray-WKU
Mason Vineyard-WKU
Ryder Giles-ECU
Ryan Waldschmidt-Charleston Southern
Patrick Herrera-Northwestern
Grant Smith-Incarnate Word
Hunter Gilliam-Longwood
Seth Chavez-East TN State

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts