Samuel Bradley1B6-4220L-RJackson Co.HoschtonGA298N/A
Zach MossRHP6-5178R-RHopkinsvilleHopkinsvilleKY500N/A
Zak SpurrierRHP6-2210R-RCentral HardinElizabethtownKY500N/A

KENTUCKY 2025 BASEBALL COMMITMENTS

NamePositionHt.Wt.B-THigh SchoolHometownStatePerfect Game RankPBR Rank
Luke PappanoLHP6-1165L-LSt. XavierCincinnatiOH21N/A
Hunter RichardsonLHP6-1182S-LButlerVandaliaOH113N/A

Last edited:
I've decided to start a new UK baseball commit thread since the other one started years ago. I think this will give the board a fresh start and more in-depth look than the old thread offered.

A few notes:

-- I don't have access to PBR rankings at this exact moment but I'm supposed to be getting the information soon. I'll update that when I get it.

-- All heights and weights are courtesy of Perfect Game. I have no idea how accurate these are because they likely were measured at camp, which in some cases could've happened well over a year ago if not longer. Considering we're talking about teenagers here who hit growth spurts and add weight at different times, take those measurements for what they're worth.

-- I'll be posting info from Twitter, things I hear from sources, etc. in this thread. Please feel free to post anything you see as well.

-- My hope is we keep this different from the transfer thread. I know it's kinda mixed all in one now, but my thought is it's better separated. But if the majority of people would rather include the transfers in this thread as well we can do that.

Last edited:
How much do you know about our 2023 commits? I’ve been trying to find stats for the out of state guys but not having much luck.
I know surface level details on just about all of them and a little more in-depth on some other guys.

In terms of out-of-state guys, Ben Cleaver was first-team All-State in Tennessee. He threw well at East Coast Pro in Cincinnati a few days ago. He was up to 91 with his fastball with a good curve, retired all five guys he faced with three strikeouts.

Blake Bowen is another favorite of mine. I don't know much about his glove, but he's going to hit. Homered at East Coast Pro off a lefthanded Vanderbilt commit and he also doubled that day as well. Eli Small is obviously ranked the highest and the coaching staff loves his makeup, but I can't say I know all that much about him.

Josh Skowronski hasn't had much attention at all but it sounded like UK got his commitment before his recruitment started to get much interest. This article has a quote from his coach saying Vanderbilt had been in contact. I think he's listed as a 3B but sounds like a possible corner outfielder as well.

If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to get an answer.

I didn't include 2022 on this chart, but UK's nine commitments are: OF Tommy Specht, RHP Caden Dana, RHP Drew Lafferty, C Brandyn Durand, OF Lukas Schramm, C Austin Fawley, IF/P Carson Applegate, LHP Aaron Blum and LHP Hayden Smith. Specht and Dana are top-100 on both PG and PBR. Lafferty and Applegate are also ranked in the top-200 on Perfect Game. Schramm is 238 but I'm assuming he'll move up once the rankings are updated (assuming they are).

On PBR, seven of the nine are ranked top 500. Only Smith and Blum are not.

Last edited:
I didn't include 2022 on this chart, but UK's nine commitments are: OF Tommy Specht, RHP Caden Dana, RHP Drew Lafferty, C Brandyn Durand, OF Lukas Schramm, C Austin Fawley, IF/P Carson Applegate, LHP Aaron Blum and LHP Hayden Smith. Specht and Dana are top-100 on both PG and PBR. Lafferty and Applegate are also ranked in the top-200 on Perfect Game. Schramm is 238 but I'm assuming he'll move up once the rankings are updated (assuming they are).

On PBR, seven of the nine are ranked top 500. Only Smith and Blum are not.

Be interesting in seeing who all in the 2022 class arrive. I’ve heard a couple could get drafted and sign.

Reactions: SeanCain
I'll try to keep this updated within the thread, but some of you might've noticed the Perfect Game rankings have already changed for 2024 since posting.

Bradley Ferrell went from 41 to 71. Meant to add on Ferrell that he's ranked the No. 50 high school draft prospect for 2024 by Baseball America, but there's still a long time until that draft.

Leighton Harris saw a slight increase from 116 to 111.

England Bryan saw a slight decrease from 107 to 134.

Samuel Bradley was the big mover, jumping from 445 to 298.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think he's another guy they'll get on campus and see where he's best suited at that time.

This time last year I think Harris was thought of as mainly just a LHP, but honestly this year it’s been his bat that’s been way more impressive. Still think he will make another jump pitching and become the prospect everyone was expecting but he definitely had a “down” year on mound compared to expectations I heard. In fairness I believe he had wrist or hand surgery before HS season which put his arm behind this year.

The 2025 Pappano kid is an absolute stud!

Another in-state kid to watch for is 2024 Alex Martin, kid is beast and a very good athlete for his size. Heard UK was watching him this wkend.
I’ve said it before but perhaps, if you have time, you can help the staff evaluate high school kids in state. I’m only half joking. They really do need some serious help.

Reactions: KyBaseballFan
I’ll say this but with the quality of the posters on the baseball board, we are getting way above premium information. I’m starting to see some new posters showing up, several are premium members.

I’m not good with adding stuff from Twitter but maybe @Derek Terry can. Saw where the Spurrier kid was up to 93 again this week and was still 92 on his last pitch of game. Looks like he threw shut out against one of the better teams out of Florida. Kid is a looks like a must get in the ‘24 class, UKs staff can not miss on him.

Reactions: SeanCain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT