ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at OTIS

Tonight .. the Birds pitching was much >>>>> than the Cats pitching. Cats looked bad tonight - outplayed significantly by the Birds.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
What has Collett done to earn the bench. He did not pinch hit for Shinn, who struck out and was facing a right hander. Collett has to be in the lineup every game. He has hit 10 home runs is batting better than Shinn and Johnson. I don't care how they get him into the lineup, he has to play. Rodriguez is an easy out and he should be sitting while Johnson & Shinn platoon in right field. I want to see Collett get 4 at bats at DH every game. With this pitching staff, our only chance to outscore the opponent when Hjelle and Lewis are not pitching.

What has Collett done to earn the bench. He did not pinch hit for Shinn, who struck out and was facing a right hander. Collett has to be in the lineup every game. He has hit 10 home runs is batting better than Shinn and Johnson. I don't care how they get him into the lineup, he has to play. Rodriguez is an easy out and he should be sitting while Johnson & Shinn platoon in right field. I want to see Collett get 4 at bats at DH every game. With this pitching staff, our only chance to outscore the opponent when Hjelle and Lewis are not pitching.
ARod needs to be set down and Heyer moved back to third...AR has no bat and I have seen nothing that makes him excellent in the field. Very week arm. Collett's bat is a must in the lineup at DH. I have serious questions about his leg. I would almost consider putting Lewis in right field if he can play there...all things said, 3 hits isn't going to cut it...Had great seats for the game and u6 is a blood thirsty bunch playing the CATS. Called Ramsey all kind of names when he came off the field...the usual amount of obnoxious drunks in the crowd...disappoint showing from the CATS. BBN was represented well.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Why does Mingione have such a tough time with UL? Seems like when they're the better team we get run, and when we're clearly better they play us super close or beat us. Just don't get it.

This team has been getting wins but sputtering along while doing so, hope Ming can get them going back to early season form....just feels like something has been off lately. They've been winning but it feels like guys are mentally struggling/step slow/etc. Feels like everyone just needs a few days off to recuperate...

Nothing pisses me off like losing to UL. Esp one that we should beat...
Not super happy with the entire coaching staff this season from all facets of the games, but DM is an excellent coach and has had time to build his program to where it is...NM is in his second year and the loss of Thompson has been a big blow.

Reactions: law1127
As much as I hate to lose to UofL in anything, this game doesn't mean much. But what scares me is the mindset for this weekend. This group could easily be swept and it may not be close.
That's why BBN needs to pack the house and get behind the team!!!!!!

Cards out hit and out pitched The CATS. They deserved to win. Best college baseball team I've seen are coming tomorrow--ugh!

Very disappointing performance against u6, but in particular our pitching ,other than Hjelle and Lewis,we have no one else that can pitch well enough,to win these midweek games. Also the lack of focus,as evidenced by 3 hits against u6’s midweek pitching, is embarrassing!

Reactions: bigbluegrog
These batters need a physiatric to find out why they can't hit mediocre mid-week pitchers. Total frustration with this team.

Very disheartening, but the more important games are this weekend. IMO, we desperately need to avoid a sweep and a series win would be huge. Get the series win this weekend, and we're staring at back-to-back winnable series against Mizzou / UT / Miss state before having a toughie road trip to Candy.

With that said, it's hard to ignore the fact that this team really does have issues. Spotty hitting, a lack of depth in our pitching staff, and weird coaching decisions may limit how far this team can go.

My buddy and I were talking about this leaving the game last night...I would like to ask coach if they teach these kids to take a lot of pitches. I know it is hard to hit a baseball, but this just seems strange. This team has weak links with a couple of every day players and finding a couple of more pitchers to be able to count on...that being said, shocking everybody with series this weekend would be huge...hiping to make it down on Sat. GOOOCATS#

My concern is a lot of times ,the first pitch is a strike,and cross them up, and swing away!

My buddy and I were talking about this leaving the game last night...I would like to ask coach if they teach these kids to take a lot of pitches. I know it is hard to hit a baseball, but this just seems strange. This team has weak links with a couple of every day players and finding a couple of more pitchers to be able to count on...that being said, shocking everybody with series this weekend would be huge...hiping to make it down on Sat. GOOOCATS#

I at least have two extra GA tickets if you decide to go last minute and need them.

UK's bats must resurface if we hope to have any chance to win the series against the Gators. BTW, the #1 ranked Florida team also lost last night to Jacksonville 8-4.

I thought we would handle them again. It is a weak year for the shtbirds, thought we’d sweep.

I was half listening but weren’t we up 1-0 in the 4th inning with 2 outs and had a 0-2 count when u6 proceeded to score 4 runs?

I was half listening but weren’t we up 1-0 in the 4th inning with 2 outs and had a 0-2 count when u6 proceeded to score 4 runs?

Close. We had two outs, one of which came by throwing them out at the plate. I believe it was a 1-2 count with a man on first and second that tied the game. An 0-2 single on the next hitter gave them the lead.

They scored the 4 runs in the 5th. Two of those with 2 puts. That was the inning with the failed double play and failed pickoff play.

Pick off play was game over...should have gotten the runner out trapped between bases to get out of the inning.

I agree Slug. Often, the first pitch is the best one you may get because pitchers want to get ahead in the count. If they know you are going to look at a fastball strike, why not throw it. And then if a hitter gets down in the count with 0-2 or 1-2, they are going to get junk thrown at them for a couple of pitches. So they either feel like they have to swing to protect, or often, look at a close pitch for a called third strike. We have gotten too predictable at the plate.

Also, I thought vs. U-6 that there were several times we should have tried to bunt for a hit. Corners were playing deep and the pitcher would have to field the ball. seems we have gotten away from doing the little, small ball things that worked last year. Beat the Gators!

I agree Slug. Often, the first pitch is the best one you may get because pitchers want to get ahead in the count. If they know you are going to look at a fastball strike, why not throw it. And then if a hitter gets down in the count with 0-2 or 1-2, they are going to get junk thrown at them for a couple of pitches. So they either feel like they have to swing to protect, or often, look at a close pitch for a called third strike. We have gotten too predictable at the plate.

Also, I thought vs. U-6 that there were several times we should have tried to bunt for a hit. Corners were playing deep and the pitcher would have to field the ball. seems we have gotten away from doing the little, small ball things that worked last year. Beat the Gators!
Bbg...we talked about that during the game... I remember once we had had guys on the corners and the 1st /3rd basemen are standing with their heels on the grass and I looked at my buddy and said what are we doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT