ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at OTIS

Cats strand 2 in the 5th. Pompey got a pitch to hit and drove it to the warning track in dead CF, but Cards hauled it in. UofL 2, UK 1

Cards have loaded the bases with one out in the 5th. Danger time for UK, which has issued 5 walks. Alec Maley on in relief of Carson Coleman.

This is absolutely pitiful, not to compete any better than this. Their backup pitchers dominating, and hitters just now doing batting practice. This is embarrassing , just like at Georgia ,win 14-1,lose 15-1 next game, and now this game that ought to be competitive , but we look lost.

UK has no pitching depth. There are only 3 guys you can trust, Hjelle, Lewis and Machemer. The rest of this staff is inconsistent. This team will not make it in the NCAA Regionals because you can not depend on the pitchers. Very disappointed with Bellinger and his coaching abilities.

The Cats have been very poor at two out pitching/defense and 0-2 count pitching. Poor performance by the Cats thus far against the Birds tonight.

Hope Ming recruits some pitching ,for next year, because we’re not holding much this season. Agree maybe 3 pitchers are capable.

Why does Mingione have such a tough time with UL? Seems like when they're the better team we get run, and when we're clearly better they play us super close or beat us. Just don't get it.

This team has been getting wins but sputtering along while doing so, hope Ming can get them going back to early season form....just feels like something has been off lately. They've been winning but it feels like guys are mentally struggling/step slow/etc. Feels like everyone just needs a few days off to recuperate...

Nothing pisses me off like losing to UL. Esp one that we should beat...

Infield single. It was hit so weak he made it to first before the throw.

That's this game in a nutshell.

GD I hate losing to those peckers. No reason we can't dominate that series...

END OF 7: Louisville 8, Kentucky 1. Not out of reach for potent Cats offense, but they have to get going if they're going to chip away.

Why does Mingione have such a tough time with UL? Seems like when they're the better team we get run, and when we're clearly better they play us super close or beat us. Just don't get it.

This team has been getting wins but sputtering along while doing so, hope Ming can get them going back to early season form....just feels like something has been off lately. They've been winning but it feels like guys are mentally struggling/step slow/etc. Feels like everyone just needs a few days off to recuperate...

Nothing pisses me off like losing to UL. Esp one that we should beat...

Record will be 2-4 if this holds up tonight. Considering three of those came against the best UofL team in school history, that's not really bad.

Shoulda won both this season, but it's baseball. Unpredictable at times.

Hope Ming recruits some pitching ,for next year, because we’re not holding much this season. Agree maybe 3 pitchers are capable.
You have Jordan, Dobzanski, Marozas, and Macciocchi that aren't playing this year.

Announcer was talking about Mingione and Belanger wanting to see what they had in the bullpen as a reason for all the pitching changes.

Well, we saw. I thought Marshall should have gotten another batter.

As much as I hate to lose to UofL in anything, this game doesn't mean much. But what scares me is the mindset for this weekend. This group could easily be swept and it may not be close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT