ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Ole Miss (DH)

I'd have to call that a great game by Kentucky: good pitching by Hazelwood, reasonable fielding (now at 20 straight games with an error I think), and the best hitting we've had in the last seven games.
Cut down on the strikeouts and it's darn near perfect.

Need to get something going here. Work some counts and get this guy's pitch count up.

Its feast or famine with him I guess. Helped us win the last game with a home run, but didn't do much else.

UK’s hitters don’t adjust their swings when they get to 2 strikes. You have to shorten your swing when you have 2 strikes on you.

UK scores again with a double off the wall. Ole Miss player ran into the wall and has hurt

4-2 now. Thompson left one up and it goes down the third base line. Shinn was playing over towards center and it took him a long time to get to the ball. Ole Miss scored from first. 2 puts and a runner at 2nd.

Thompson is mad and for good reason. Can't get a strike call to save his life. A perfect curve middle middle is called a ball. Gei didn't even move his mitt.

I have no idea why 14 was nibbling that inning. That’s what got him into trouble.

Thompson struggling mightily in the bottom of the 5th but gets a big K to end it. I thought he struck out Keenan but it ended up being a walk.

Thompson is getting no low strikes. It is going to be tough for him to stay in. There are two on and no outs.

Two fly outs and we are close to getting out of the inning, runners at first and third. Luckily it is the #9 hitter.

I'm going to need UK to get about 4 runs here so we don't have to worry about whether to bring ZT out or someone else.

Daniels has no control right now. Three straight pitches that were way in the dirt.

We take out Thompson, now we load the bases with one out, two walks (with some missed strikes called balls). I hae this sinking feeling that we may add to Thompson's strikeouts with no decision record.

Another fielding play where Reed doesn't make the play. It was hard but he didn't get his heal on the bag so we don't get the double play to end the inning.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Ugh he didn't have a foot on the bag... unreal. Liner to Lewis and he goes back to first but Reed being a bad first baseman doesn't get back to the bag for the force out.

Whew... 2 strikes and the last one was long and loud. Might not want to throw that one again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT