ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Louisville

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
Game starts at 6:00pm. Louisville is ranked somewhere around 7th in the nation. They aren't exactly invincible at 18-8 (10-4) and they look to be especially vulnerable during the midweek. So far they have lost to Morehead State (12-11), Eastern Kentucky (9-17) and Cincinnati (11-4) during the midweek.

In particular, Louisville is struggling to figure out their pitching. They have played 14 games in the ACC and they have had 5 different guys start in those. Only one pitcher has started all 5 conference weekends. Everyone else is shuffled around. I think that is in part because of an injury to Glenn Albanese. Regardless, it makes it a bit difficult to predict who UK might face. Last week Luke Smith actually started the Cincinnati game on Tuesday and went 3 innings before coming back on Sunday and starting against Wake Forrest and going 4.1. I doubt UK sees him again. I am thinking that it will be Barret Seamus, but that is a guess. More likely than not, UL will look to use a lot of arms.

On the bases... look out... UL will run for days. In fact, they are second in the country in stolen bases with 74 (UK has 33). Louisville is a top 25 hitting team (.296) and they score over 7 runs a game on average. So, look for them to hit and be moving on the bases to score those runs. Kessler and UK pitching will have their work cut out for them keeping runners close.

For UK, I think we are going to see a different approach on the mound tonight than we normally see.

Reactions: RunninRichie
We're under way. Schultz and Rhodes flew out to deep center sandwiched between a Collett walk. Kessler gets a base hit. Runners at first and second. Harmon looks at strike 3 to end the inning.

Leadoff walk and stolen base, but UK gets a break with a foul out to Kessler. Grounder to short trades an out for a base. Ritter takes another and a long throw goes for out 3, but they will review.

What is the deal with Plastiak being in the lineup? I haven't seen him in a game for a very long time.

Looking at Collett's foot here on the review. They call him out.
0-0 going to the 2nd

It’s frustrating that the ACC network is still showing a softball game that is a blowout. 😡

Anu hit by a pitch to lead off the 2nd. Plastiak hit a hitters count and then strikes out looking. 🤨 Estep singles up the middle. Ritter with A MONSTER 3 RUN HOME RUN!!!

Reactions: wildcatwolverine
They're going to look at this and see if Ritter passed Estep, who never left 1st. I think he does pass him.... holy hell... Estep goes to tag up and Ritter rounds the base.

They look at it and apparently don't change it. UK gets very lucky. Ritter definitely passed him.

Anu with another stellar play in left. Looked really stiff and unfamiliar running back for that fly. Cam Hill makes that catch.

Reactions: enjyretirement2020
Anu with another stellar play in left. Looked really stiff and unfamiliar running back for that fly. Cam Hill makes that catch.

That's a tough play regardless, but Anu didn't look good trying to make it

Four straight hits for Louisville from they’re bottom guys. 3-2 UofL still batting.

This is the type of hitting I'd love to see UK have regularly. Hit the ball in gaps and always keep pressure on defenses. Love the home runs, but I'll take trading doubles all day over the occasional homer

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
3-3 to of 3

UK got out of a jam with a 2 out 2 on comebacker to end the 2nd

Kess walks, Harmon flies out, and Anu walks. Plastiak strikes out. Estep walks. Ritter feeling it as he puts one off the wall to score 3.

6-3

Anu hits .115 as a righty... that is not ideal. Kind of defeats the purpose of switch hitting.

Schultz infield single.

I like UK taking advantage of those walks. Not something we've regularly done.

Collett an oppo taco double to left scores two more. 8-3

Reactions: Old_Red
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT