ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky+24 @Georgia - October 7th

Is that someone's "expert'' opinion or a bettable spread? Seems a little early for a true betting spread.

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: Ky grandpa
That's a huge spread with UGA's loses on defense and breaking in a new QB. That's almost a gimme taking UK +24 IMO.

Never bet on sports and probably never will but that's basically free money. Even in the most lopsided of years, they never beat us that bad. They're just a very good style matchup for us. Doesn't mean we will win, but it won't be this

Thoughts?
If I could get that line on a platform I use, I'd lay a big bet. IMO, that's at least a TD too high. Our defense is going to be very good, our offense should be much improved and UGA is loosing a lot, plus they have no returning experience at QB. Not to mention that we tend to play them well. They've only beat that spread once in out last seven meetings.

If I could get that line on a platform I use, I'd lay a big bet. IMO, that's at least a TD too high. Our defense is going to be very good, our offense should be much improved and UGA is loosing a lot, plus they have no returning experience at QB. Not to mention that we tend to play them well. They've only beat that spread once in out last seven meetings.

I don't think many realize how young UGA was in 22, return 14 starters 7 on each side. Staff expects defense to be better, but the season comes down to QB play, whoever it is will be physically better, but not as good with the mental aspect of being an SEC qb.

I don't think many realize how young UGA was in 22, return 14 starters 7 on each side. Staff expects defense to be better, but the season comes down to QB play, whoever it is will be physically better, but not as good with the mental aspect of being an SEC qb.
There's no doubt you'll be good, but it'll be tough to be better, especially early and at QB.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
There's no doubt you'll be good, but it'll be tough to be better, especially early and at QB.

Better defensively, no idea about offense, just depends on QB play, if he isn't a turnover machine offense will be good, if he is, not so much.

Not really bragging, just we didn't lose as much as some people think. Only real loss is Bennett, we get a defensive starter from 21 back who missed last season with broken leg.
I was joking with ya bud. You guys just reload each year.

Reactions: UKat1
I was joking with ya bud. You guys just reload each year.

I guess I am just sensitive. We spent years being pretty good, just not quite there. Mark Richt turned things around for us, but when health issues hit his wife and him, football wasn't as important as it once was. Richt was one of the better men associated with college athletics in the last 50 years. I really wish we could have gotten a NC under him. But Kirby is just different, he recruits different, he targets kids different and is relentless.

I don't know how our season will go, our qb may be a turnover machine. But if he isn't our D will keep us in games. It will be better than 22 D.

I guess I am just sensitive. We spent years being pretty good, just not quite there. Mark Richt turned things around for us, but when health issues hit his wife and him, football wasn't as important as it once was. Richt was one of the better men associated with college athletics in the last 50 years. I really wish we could have gotten a NC under him. But Kirby is just different, he recruits different, he targets kids different and is relentless.

I don't know how our season will go, our qb may be a turnover machine. But if he isn't our D will keep us in games. It will be better than 22 D.
I liked Richt, and I like Kirby a lot as well. You all hit the coaching jackpot with him. Has done a helluva a job.

I liked Richt, and I like Kirby a lot as well. You all hit the coaching jackpot with him. Has done a helluva a job.

Thanks, Richt tried to hire him after Grantham left, thought he had but it fell apart and ended up with Pruitt. Richt was just to loyal to his assistants, kept them around even if they weren't doing a good job. Kirby won't do that, he has sent some big names packing because they didn't work as hard as he expcted.

Not really bragging, just we didn't lose as much as some people think. Only real loss is Bennett, we get a defensive starter from 21 back who missed last season with broken leg.
Only real loss was Bennett? Fail to mention Carter...who could be a top 5 pick talent wise. Jeez. You said yourself in another post you didn't have a 1st team SEC Dlineman this year, which is ALWAYS what makes SEC defenses elite. But losing one of those with no replacement is no big deal... delusional

Only real loss was Bennett? Fail to mention Carter...who could be a top 5 pick talent wise. Jeez. You said yourself in another post you didn't have a 1st team SEC Dlineman this year, which is ALWAYS what makes SEC defenses elite. But losing one of those with no replacement is no big deal... delusional

Carter is the only DL leaving, we won't have any pre season 1st team all SEC, won't say that about post season. But not concerned about DL, best DL coach in college, hard to argue with his results on the field and draft day.

Who knows, by then 24 might be a gift. What if Leary tears his booby again and we have other injuries? Sometimes the only chance we have to cover is a torrential downpour in Athens.

Too bad they have replacements and they won't miss a beat. Bear Alexander was coming on at the end of the year as a true Freshman and the other true Freshman Williams had taken over as the starting DE. Their DL is loaded and won't miss a beat. As he said will probably improve as these younger guys take over

Too bad they have replacements and they won't miss a beat. Bear Alexander was coming on at the end of the year as a true Freshman and the other true Freshman Williams had taken over as the starting DE. Their DL is loaded and won't miss a beat. As he said will probably improve as these younger guys take over
BS. those two are true sophomores. I'm sure they will improve but whole different monster to replace Carter. wishful thinking you don't lose a beat losing a difference maker like 4th year of Carter. Not to mention Nolan Smith as best DE and best corner in Ringo who is a 1st round pick.

BS. those two are true sophomores. I'm sure they will improve but whole different monster to replace Carter. wishful thinking you don't lose a beat losing a difference maker like 4th year of Carter. Not to mention Nolan Smith as best DE and best corner in Ringo who is a 1st round pick.
Their DL will be just as good. Yes Williams is a true Soph. Last year he was a true Freshman and by the end of the year their starting DE. He would start on every team in the country. When Smith got hurt did you see the fall off. Noone else did either. Their LBs were young and only going to be better. We will see about the secondary. Most said the same thing after they lost three 1st rd DL in '22. What happened?? 15-0.

Last edited:
Their DL will be just as good. Yes Williams is a true Soph. Last year he was a true Freshman and by the end of the year their starting DE. He would start on every team in the country. When Smith got hurt did you see the fall off. Noone else did either. Their LBs were young and only going to be better. We will see about the secondary. Most said the same thing after they lost three 1st rd DL in '22. What happened?? 15-0.
And there Dline wasn't nearly as dominant last year after they lost those 3 first players. They aren't plugging and playing in place of Carter who was by far the best interior Dlineman in college the last 2 years. But whatever you say.

And there Dline wasn't nearly as dominant last year after they lost those 3 first players. They aren't plugging and playing in place of Carter who was by far the best interior Dlineman in college the last 2 years. But whatever you say.
We will in the fall that is, if they can stay out of jail. Lol

Carter was a 3rd year guy Smith missed most of the season. Ringo wad the guy, but he was targeted for a reason. The new CB are top 5 talent wise. UGAwill be better we defensively in 23 than 24. I am open to that not being the case, where do you see the big drop?

Carter was a 3rd year guy Smith missed most of the season. Ringo wad the guy, but he was targeted for a reason. The new CB are top 5 talent wise. UGAwill be better we defensively in 23 than 24. I am open to that not being the case, where do you see the big drop?
No BIG drop but I think you are spoiled and a bit rose colored having Wyatt(1st round) Walker(#1 pick), Davis(generational NG), and Carter(considered best of all by some) on the field together most of the last several years. That's unheard of. I see very good players now(especially Williams) on DL but don't see players that measure up to those 4 at this point. The defense was very good last year but Carter was by far the difference maker on the line who commanded double teams and still made plays. harder for current guys when they are expected to be "the man". Also, Ringo was also a 5 star #2 corner out of HS and projected 1st round pick. your current corners were highly ranked but not like that so let's see how they turn out.
Let's make it interesting. Your Defense was ranked 10th in total defense and 5th in scoring defense last year. I'll bet you $100 they don't come in under either of those this year...money where mouth is time :)

No BIG drop but I think you are spoiled and a bit rose colored having Wyatt(1st round) Walker(#1 pick), Davis(generational NG), and Carter(considered best of all by some) on the field together most of the last several years. That's unheard of. I see very good players now(especially Williams) on DL but don't see players that measure up to those 4 at this point. The defense was very good last year but Carter was by far the difference maker on the line who commanded double teams and still made plays. harder for current guys when they are expected to be "the man". Also, Ringo was also a 5 star #2 corner out of HS and projected 1st round pick. your current corners were highly ranked but not like that so let's see how they turn out.
Let's make it interesting. Your Defense was ranked 10th in total defense and 5th in scoring defense last year. I'll bet you $100 they don't come in under either of those this year...money where mouth is time :)
I don't bet on sporting events, but Carter missed 3 games in 22, defense did ok without him. Of course I am looking through tinted glasses, I am a fan. After 21, fans were saying UGA was doomed, no way to replace 5 1st rounders and 10 more. 22 team loses less. OL with 4 starters returning will be one of better ones. We more than likely won't have a 1000 yard rusher but 3-4 400-700 yards. Same with WR, only one that may approach 1000 yds is Bowers. QB is the big question mark, time to see if all the hating on Stetson was true than anyone can win with.the talent he had around him

Thanks, Richt tried to hire him after Grantham left, thought he had but it fell apart and ended up with Pruitt. Richt was just to loyal to his assistants, kept them around even if they weren't doing a good job. Kirby won't do that, he has sent some big names packing because they didn't work as hard as he expcted.

Kirby is the one coach I can see that can reach Saban-ish heights if he doesn’t bolt for the NFL. I always want to beat UGA but Kirby is a helluva coach.

Your alls QB proved that physical traits aren’t what make a QB great. It’s the mental intangibles, not the physical. That’s not a knock on the guy, he was plenty talented. He may not blow anyone away with his athleticism but when the lights were on so was he. Respect.

Kirby is the one coach I can see that can reach Saban-ish heights if he doesn’t bolt for the NFL. I always want to beat UGA but Kirby is a helluva coach.

Your alls QB proved that physical traits aren’t what make a QB great. It’s the mental intangibles, not the physical. That’s not a knock on the guy, he was plenty talented. He may not blow anyone away with his athleticism but when the lights were on so was he. Respect.

I don't think Kirby has any interest in the NFL, he was there with Saban and knows what it is. Now a school may come and offer an amount UGA can't match, but his wife is a local lady, former UGA bb player and is very happy in Athens so it will have to be an obscene amount.

Thanks on SB, he isn't the biggest or fastest, he just makes plays.i really don't understand why Bryce Young is projected first rounder and Stetson a 7th rounder when he has been better. All I can come up with is Stetson was a 2*

Here you go..lots of posts with Grumpy claiming the 23 Georgia D would be better than 22. Also had post going that Dline would be better.
Would be curious for UGA fan thoughts on what's better on your D this year and what's worse? And who are the 1st or 2nd round NFL players? Bullard? Lassiter?

It's impossible to handicap a game that far in advance, however I look for the Cats to be a top 20 team so 24 point spreads between top 20 teams are as rare as hens teeth.
I guess I was right 🤣 Spread is down to UGA -15 but I expect it to continue to drop.

Yeah 15 seems too much, but Georgia still has dudes and is #1 for a reason.
I don't disagree but OTOH Georgia barely escaped Auburn if Auburn had won where would they be ranked?
Or if UGA was not the returning national champ and opened preseason say #8 would they have moved up past Ohio State, FSU, Michigan, Texas by now?
Their roster is loaded and they have an elite coaching staff and they are undefeated so far, OTOH they have not looked like a dominating team, and they have lost on the spread every week (meaning they have underperformed expectation). Hey maybe this is the breakout week for the Dawgs anything can happen in football, but I just think this year is very different - we'll see.

I haven't been all that impressed with UGA this year. They have dudes, but something seems off with them I think we could be catching them at a good time.

But, the road is a tough thing to overcome in this league.

Reactions: deep3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT