ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky’s NIL?

They may ask for 1 million but not many are paying that. From what I have heard the collectives will normally pay say 500k and then they will make the other 400-500k from other deals while on the teams.

How much was Dickinson asking for, up front?
Up front means to be paid at signing. HD probably made a mill+ over the course of 6 months. Nobody is just handing these kids a million without them ever playing. Carrot and a stick my friend

They might have to pay more NIL the first year or 2 til pope gets some 2-3 year guys in here. I think it's very important he goes and puts together a very good competitive roster his first year. If that means overpaying some players so be it. Once he has success and signs some 2-3 year players, then he can be more selective in spot filling his roster. But it's important that he has a Good showing his first year!

UK's NIL budget for basketball is really whatever we need it to be. If there's somebody out there who our staff believes is worth it, then the money will be there. However, they're not going be offering millions for the 13th man, so lines will be drawn on a case-by-case basis.

They might have to pay more NIL the first year or 2 til pope gets some 2-3 year guys in here. I think it's very important he goes and puts together a very good competitive roster his first year. If that means overpaying some players so be it. Once he has success and signs some 2-3 year players, then he can be more selective in spot filling his roster. But it's important that he has a Good showing his first year!
We need a few of the guys we get this year to be 2-3 year guys as well. We need some roster continuity. It would be nice to get into a pattern where we are routinely returning at least 3 starters. That's pretty much how Purdue and UConn have gotten to where they are now.

Not saying this is wrong but where and how did we get 17 mil . Did Rick Give POPE his check book.

Does anyone have an official NIL number that we have right now?
Mitch Barnhart has told people the Craft's alone pledged the 5-7 million for this year alone to match Arkansas' big boosters offering Cal. Then it was announced 2 other boosters together pledged 4 million. The card shop owner was offering Reed 1 million and im sure he'll offer that up to help so 4 boosters alone is 10-12 million. we have a lot more boosters back in the fold than that so I guarantee its over that much.

The thing is though, they'd like to get a good team and then save a bunch for next year because you never know when boosters wont be able to give as much.

Reactions: BlueSince92
No one knows how much NIL anyone has. It’s not a matter of public record and people make up whatever BS they want (see Matt Jones) like claiming Arkansas will double the NIL of any Kentucky recruit. That’s pure nonsense. You can tell who has real NIL money by who is signing and in on all the top guys. The Adidas schools, Kansas, IU, and UL are killing it, and Baylor is killing it.

Literally nobody is asking a mill up front lol
AJ Storr just did.
"It was reported by Chas Wolfe, a NCAA certified agent high school boys basketball scout, that Storr asked Kansas for $1 million in NIL and the Jayhawks tried to compromise with $750K. Storr turned it down. Transfer Portal / NIL Marketplace: Per a close source, AJ Storr asked Kansas for $1,000,000."

AJ Storr just did.
"It was reported by Chas Wolfe, a NCAA certified agent high school boys basketball scout, that Storr asked Kansas for $1 million in NIL and the Jayhawks tried to compromise with $750K. Storr turned it down. Transfer Portal / NIL Marketplace: Per a close source, AJ Storr asked Kansas for $1,000,000."
In nil not 1 mill up front. Up front means today. Hes getting the mill throughout the year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT