ADVERTISEMENT

KenPom Predicts...

Its going to be a tough one, no doubt about it, UCLA is extremely talented.

I think if we keep them in the 60s we win easy. 70s it's close. 80s not so sure.

76-75 Cats

I'm jacked for this game.

Like when y'all played Ohio State in 2011. Loved watching a nail biter that I didn't care what the outcome is.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I like fivethirtyeight better. 68% UK

538 has to be factoring in the Memphis part. KP is viewing this as a neutral game.

Teams that travel further distances tend to do worse. The larger the difference in travel between the two teams, the more favorable it is for the closer team.

If they'd played defense in the game earlier this season like they're playing now, no way UCLA wins that game at Rupp.

I'm jacked for this game.

Like when y'all played Ohio State in 2011. Loved watching a nail biter that I didn't care what the outcome is.

tumblr_nopu182Z2j1tb9t27o1_400.gif

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Based on UCLA scoring: = UK win %
Below 70 = 80+%
70-80 = 60-65%
80-90 = 50% (who gets the late bounces?)
90+ = 40%

You could say the same about their improvement on defense as well tho.

Although they did give up 1.15 to a league average Kent St offense.
Tho 1.06 to an above average Cincy offense.

Bottom line is this thing is gonna be won on offense.
There has only been one game this entire season they were held to under 1.00 ppp.

in over half of their games they scored at least 1.20 ppp.

Conversely the last time we put up over 1.20 was all way back Feb 7th vs LSU.

I think it's a forgone conclusion that team is going to put up points on us. We just need to match them.

Reactions: fatguy87
I like fivethirtyeight better. 68% UK
Welsh, the center, killed us two years in a row I think he hit 80% of his shots .. Leaf unexpectedly hurt us in December. We must keep these two guys under control.. Ball will get his points.
The other issue is who guards Fox. Alford took Ball off Fox in the first game because Ball could not stay in front of him. Will be interested to see who tries to stay in front of him on Friday. I won't be surprised to see a zone.

Reactions: jedwar
I imagine this coming down to the end. All about who can execute at the end and hitting free throws.

I like our chances. The best thing Calipari did that no one talks about is slowing it down some. Obviously, we run when we can, but not on every possession, which helps us defensively (instead of being out of position on bad shots). We've had a lot of close games and know how to close them out.

It's ok seeding committee, we can do WSU, UCLA, UNC, KU, then whoever for the title. That's not unreasonable at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT