ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne needs 2-3 more years

Dont get discouraged, Cards. Kenny was handed a disaster and needs at least 3 more years to turn this thing around.

On another note, ive never been to the Yum Center, looks like a good year to go.. Can you just walk in or is there a fee?
Shit, you can have it turned halfway around in one if you work at it. You can be a .500 team or better by year 2. This is 2023. He got handed a shitty situation but he knew what he was taking over. I mean look wat Cal took from Clyde for example. KP situation was worse but you got Deion out here recruited a whole football team in the summer. I also know KPs not Deion but 2-3 more years to compete is not gonna happen when no improvement showing and still losing buy exhibition games.

Reactions: Fox2monk and burgoo
Dont get discouraged, Cards. Kenny was handed a disaster and needs at least 3 more years to turn this thing around.

On another note, ive never been to the Yum Center, looks like a good year to go.. Can you just walk in or is there a fee?
Tickets are free this year plus they have the upper level closed so the crowd looks big for TV.

• Haha
Reactions: Louis_Skunt
If Kenny gets canned, who's the best available coach U6 has a chance of landing?

Depends, if you are hanging bogus banners, you get right in.

Shit, you can have it turned halfway around in one if you work at it. You can be a .500 team or better by year 2. This is 2023. He got handed a shitty situation but he knew what he was taking over. I mean look wat Cal took from Clyde for example. KP situation was worse but you got Deion out here recruited a whole football team in the summer. I also know KPs not Deion but 2-3 more years to compete is not gonna happen when no improvement showing and still losing buy exhibition games.
He has little to no clout as a head coach. That's the issue. And they've had a couple of guys just up and leave after committing.

The portal giveth....the portal taketh.

Otzelberger at Iowa State took a 2-22 team that was winless in the Big 12 the year before and went 22-13 in his first rebuild year. That team also won 7 league games. If you know what you are doing, you can turn around a bad basketball team very quickly (see Gates at Missouri).

Otzelberger at Iowa State took a 2-22 team that was winless in the Big 12 the year before and went 22-13 in his first rebuild year. That team also won 7 league games. If you know what you are doing, you can turn around a bad basketball team very quickly (see Gates at Missouri).
I agree. All this stuff about coaches needing 4-5 years to get his own players or whatever it is they need it for Is baloney. It was once true, though that coaches needed more time, but all this different BS that we have going on today portal, OAD and ppl just going all over the place to different schools it shouldn't be that hard to get the players to beat KWC. I just think you have the personality for it, or ya don't. I never thought KP had the personality to be the HC. Seems like good enough guy though.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He has little to no clout as a head coach. That's the issue. And they've had a couple of guys just up and leave after committing.

The portal giveth....the portal taketh.
Not sure how I missed your comment earlier but all of a sudden I noticed several reactions in my notifications that Im pretty sure weren't there at the time this morning as I was replying to another comment right after yours.

I hear that word clout alot lately. I take it in a lot of different ways. I think by knowing the right ppl and having connections can be clout, or like Deion has clout. Then, sometimes it's clout chasing or even referred to mean something with personality or how ppl vibe with other ppl. So I don't know for sure because im just getting old man 😂.

I think he got connections for sure though. I actually do feel bad for KP and man that crowd in the pics I see looked god awful miserable. Brutal and cringe. A guy in student section of about 19 ppl one with a UK hoodie on and 2-3 napping and nobody looking at the game. That's something you have to change as a coach is to find somehow to get some Dale Brown tricks up your sleeve to get the crowd to show up like he used to do, buy if they show up you have to win. Can't never get out rebounded 47-33 by D2 team. Gave up like 16 on offensive end. They put alot of those 16 back in the bucket too.

Transfer portal has affected everyone and it's true it does give and it taketh away, but you gotta still figure out to win Exhibition games against D2 schools.

I need to also add that I did not watch all this game. Actually watched prob 10 mins in 1st half after it was over and prob another 8-10 mins of 2nd just to get a feel. I don't know that much about it. Just wanted to put that shit out there.

So I wasn't born into the UK/UL rivalry, only adopted it when I became a UK fan and eventually attended UK. But aren't rivalries more fun when the rival is actually good? I have no urge to see UL be a doormat for years. The games are so much better when both teams are top 25 programs.

I grew up in NY, and the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry of the '00s was so intense because both teams were good. It sucked seeing them win the WS, especially in 2004, but it was like the peak of that rivalry for people my age. I've never understood wanting your rival to be absolutely awful, it just makes it boring.

I honestly hope UL cans Kenny and is respectable again sooner rather than later.

So I wasn't born into the UK/UL rivalry, only adopted it when I became a UK fan and eventually attended UK. But aren't rivalries more fun when the rival is actually good? I have no urge to see UL be a doormat for years. The games are so much better when both teams are top 25 programs.

I grew up in NY, and the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry of the '00s was so intense because both teams were good. It sucked seeing them win the WS, especially in 2004, but it was like the peak of that rivalry for people my age. I've never understood wanting your rival to be absolutely awful, it just makes it boring.

I honestly hope UL cans Kenny and is respectable again sooner rather than later.
Yeah but it’s fun watching UOFL burn.

I think there are nights where they'll pay you to go to the Yum Center.

I think KP deserves a lifetime contract with Louisville similar to Cal's, KP won them a national championship as a player, show the man some respect Louisville Board of Trustees.

With the transfer portal there is no reason a school with the tradition of UL should ever have a losing season.

With the transfer portal there is no reason a school with the tradition of UL should ever have a losing season.
Couldn't agree with you more. This is the gamble UL took hiring a coach with zero head coaching experience.

If Kenny gets canned, who's the best available coach U6 has a chance of landing?
They need someone that can put that dumpster fire out and there's only ONE MAN for the job...

iu

Have you checked your facts on this sir? The bucket are for puking. And they're also for Louisville missing buckets so they can give up a bunch of offensive rebounds. They just take naps from what I saw of it. No need for a bucket for that. I mean whole roles of 6 ppl just kicked back napping. Was plenty of room for it. Just hate when ppl don't check their facts, but don't worry I didn't check mine either.
Tickets come with a bucket to put over your head

• Haha
Reactions: drew_ukfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT