ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny halfway out the door?

Pepperdine has not won a true road game since Feb 2021.

I look at UL’s roster last year and see a guy playing prominent minutes for UNC and another for Arky. That team should have won more than 4 games. I watch them play today and see a team that runs a lot of one-on-one dribble drive with a few pick and rolls. Not much more.

I think Payne is to blame.

Greg would probably take the job. I played ball and graduated from HS with him. Uber competitive and one of those guys that was constantly talking ish to you during the game to get in your head. His jr year he played with a wrestlers mask on because my neighbor punched him in the face during a pick up game. He broke his nose. lol. Couldn’t keep him from playing though. He has an uncanny ability to get under your skin. Be a great fit at UL.
Do you also know his crazy wife?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Hey, our feathered friends got a BIG win against West Coast Powerhouse Pepperdine today. You go KP! Show those goofs on Floyd St who's the sauce boss...unless UofL can somehow bring in the Calipari slayer, COACH TOM CREAN! Sorry KP, if the birds can make that happen then you need to step aside.

Im sure with that big win today card fans are gonna be talking ish how they are gonna sneak up on our cats and beat them. You know its coming......

Man, I hope for his sake he isn’t let go but he is in a no win situation right now, literally. I’d prefer Kenny just go on down the road if he is let go and not back to UK.

Do you also know his crazy wife?

5oyqHt8.jpg

I don’t know if he is the answer or not, but they were never going to give him a chance.
The hell they weren't! They were excited as shit for a minute. And then came the D2 schools whup-whupping that ass in Exhibition games and just losing to teams with less talent on them every night out. You can do it for a half season or a few games into one season but when no progress is made and you just waste your first season like he didn't have the reins since the Spring before and you're in year 2 and those damn D2 teams are still giving you L's and doing so on your home court then it's probably not going to matter what else you do until you get a coach who can beat Kentucky Wesleyan and if you can't win your exhibition games then fans aren't showing up for reg season games and that's just way it is. I hoped KP would do fine and he will somewhere as an assistant but he failed as a HC and he had plenty of time to beat Ark St.

Reactions: twindaddy2003+1
The hell they weren't! They were excited as shit for a minute. And then came the D2 schools whup-whupping that ass in Exhibition games and just losing to teams with less talent on them every night out. You can do it for a half season or a few games into one season but when no progress is made and you just waste your first season like he didn't have the reins since the Spring before and you're in year 2 and those damn D2 teams are still giving you L's and doing so on your home court then it's probably not going to matter what else you do until you get a coach who can beat Kentucky Wesleyan and if you can't win your exhibition games then fans aren't showing up for reg season games and that's just way it is. I hoped KP would do fine and he will somewhere as an assistant but he failed as a HC and he had plenty of time to beat Ark St.
When I perused their message board after the hiring it was 80 percent negative.

When I perused their message board after the hiring it was 80 percent negative.
Oh ok well what I was seeing was basically Twitter shit where they were excited until they didn't pull in DJ like they thought when he was hired and then it seemed like some ppl might have thought he wasn't much if he couldn't land the kid after bringing Coach PeePaw Milt in with him. I still think he had plenty of time though and if he had just won the games he was supposed to win then he'd have more asses in seats right now. It's hard to bounce back from the losses he's had. Hell even when they win it's awkward.

Oh ok well what I was seeing was basically Twitter shit where they were excited until they didn't pull in DJ like they thought when he was hired and then it seemed like some ppl might have thought he wasn't much if he couldn't land the kid after bringing Coach PeePaw Milt in with him. I still think he had plenty of time though and if he had just won the games he was supposed to win then he'd have more asses in seats right now. It's hard to bounce back from the losses he's had. Hell even when they win it's awkward.
I saw a lot of excitement about DJ Wagner then being a UL lock. Ha ha. But there was a ton of “UL is too good of a program to hire a coach with no head coaching experience.” Some “ex-players shouldn’t choose our coach” And an alarming amount of being blacklisted for being associated with Calipari and/or UK.

I suspect the key issue regarding timing, is the assistant coaches...is one of them willing to take it on an interim basis? We heard a few weeks ago the rumor, they all said no... If you cannot get an assistant to take it, then you probably have to go with Kenny through end of season. Seems almost impossible to bring an outsider in middle of season.

There is no way UL is going to fire Payne and then hire a Trump supporter with a history of bigoted slurs. I’m not being political here, it’s just not happening.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT