ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny halfway out the door?

Looks like the rumor from a few days ago that his firing was happening that day. Non story…until we beat them by 50 that is.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Just reading the tea leaves it seems like they are ready to let him go but they can’t secure an interim. 9/10 times the interim is already on staff. But those guys seem to be Kenny guys. Louisville has already proved that they won’t stick with an interim so where’s the motivation?

Reactions: WildcatNC
I’d heard that KP would coach the game today and get let go tomorrow. Which makes zero sense. If you know you’re going to make a change, then just do it.

Just reading the tea leaves it seems like they are ready to let him go but they can’t secure an interim. 9/10 times the interim is already on staff. But those guys seem to be Kenny guys. Louisville has already proved that they won’t stick with an interim so where’s the motivation?
Bob Huggins, Tom Crean, Greg Marshall. Coaches currently unemployed who might consider taking it. Marshall would probably have them competitive next year.

Reactions: BlueSince92
It amazes me how they hate all of the players who were responsible for their only two titles.

I’d heard that KP would coach the game today and get let go tomorrow. Which makes zero sense. If you know you’re going to make a change, then just do it.
Man I hope this is true!! With KP there I bet Cal takes it easy and we play a bunch of the walk ons to not run the score up. If they do in fact fire KP then Cal would want to run the score up on whoever they have as coach! Would be so much fun to watch!!

It’s all about timing. Get through the weekend. Hopefully survive today’s game then drop the hammer Monday morning. Gives them 3 days to prepare with the interim for the UK game, hoping they’ll have some sort of renewed enthusiasm. Should have happened Thursday after Wednesdays game, but that was kinda the straw that broke the camels back on the realization this ain’t gonna get better. They needed a few days to get their ducks in a row. Has to happen tomorrow I believe.

As desperate as they are to be competitive again, the only name on that list they shoukd consider is Greg Marshall. Huge red flags with him….. but he’s a great coach.
Marshall sounds like a Billy Gillispie type coach. Resigned because players accused him of verbal and physical abuse. Plus isn’t his wife a drunken crazy lady?

Feel like they’ll try to get Mick Cronin first. Or go after somebody like Nate Oates. Not sure who really, but they should be able to draw a pretty big name, with NIL and the portal, a good experienced name coach can turn them around pretty quick. They no longer have the NCAA cloud hanging over their head. They don’t need a stop gap. They can’t screw up this next hire after the last two debacles.

Marshall sounds like a Billy Gillispie type coach. Resigned because players accused him of verbal and physical abuse. Plus isn’t his wife a drunken crazy lady?

Feel like they’ll try to get Mick Cronin first. Or go after somebody like Nate Oates. Not sure who really, but they should be able to draw a pretty big name, with NIL and the portal, a good experienced name coach can turn them around pretty quick. They no longer have the NCAA cloud hanging over their head. They don’t need a stop gap. They can’t screw up this next hire after the last two debacles.
Their fan base has become pretty toxic. That will certainly affect the decisions of some coaches.

Payne is the only coach that can turn them around. I don’t know how UL fans can’t see that. He just needs another few years to get his players adjusted to his system.

Payne is the only coach that can turn them around. I don’t know how UL fans can’t see that. He just needs another few years to get his players adjusted to his system.
I don’t know if he is the answer or not, but they were never going to give him a chance.

Greg would probably take the job. I played ball and graduated from HS with him. Uber competitive and one of those guys that was constantly talking ish to you during the game to get in your head. His jr year he played with a wrestlers mask on because my neighbor punched him in the face during a pick up game. He broke his nose. lol. Couldn’t keep him from playing though. He has an uncanny ability to get under your skin. Be a great fit at UL.

Greg would probably take the job. I played ball and graduated from HS with him. Uber competitive and one of those guys that was constantly talking ish to you during the game to get in your head. His jr year he played with a wrestlers mask on because my neighbor punched him in the face during a pick up game. He broke his nose. lol. Couldn’t keep him from playing though. He has an uncanny ability to get under your skin. Be a great fit at UL.
Good for your neighbor.

• Haha
Reactions: Rockford
I would love to see a 50 point win against Loserville, but you know how teams hit against us.
Like others have said, if it’s Payne that won’t happen because Cal won’t do it. And UL has enough talent to play us within 15 if they play well.

UL game is on the ACC Network right now against Pepperdine if anyone is interested.

He should be allowed to finish the season. It will be interesting to see who they can convince to take the job.

I think when they let Kenny go it is going to be very hard to get a good coach for that trash dump and I hope that no good coach wants the job.

Huggins would open his own distillery... [laughing]

TeGEm87.png

That is adorable.

No coach would leave a comfortable position for UofL. Not right now. They need to find someone who is as desperate as they are.

Reactions: Cat06
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT