ADVERTISEMENT

Kennedy Chandler transferring out of Memphis

The move is rooted through AAU. Sunrise Christian is a feeder to MOKAN ELITE, the AAU team whom he played for.

Can’t be great news for Memphis. Has to pretty good news for the rest of the teams recruiting him.

I hope I am wrong, but I think he ends up at Duke.

I’m sure they’ll say it doesn’t make any difference in their recruitment but this absolutely doesn’t help Tennessee or Memphis. It removes the familiarity and the comfort of being there & gets him used to living out of state. And there won’t be that added pressure from the hometown not to leave.

This IMO is a UK vs UT vs Duke battle. I truly have no idea where he will go . But it won't be Memphis .

Definitely not Memphis, never really been in the running. Prioritizing other PG options for that class - not because they are clearly better but because of better return on effort

Agree. Only PG offer in that class.

I am expecting a relatively small class. Cal hasn’t made a ton of ‘21 offers. He seems to be being very selective.

I think we end up with Chandler, Hardy, and Huntley-Hatfield (reclass). Maybe one other.

I expect we get quite a few players back. Askew, Allen, Fletcher, Toppin, Ware, and Jackson could all return. I think Cal uses transfers to fill in the rest and replace the guys he expects to return that leave anyway (which usually happens).

I could see something like this as our roster:

Starters

G Chandler
G Askew
G Hardy
F Huntley-Hatfield
F Jackson

Reserves

G Transfer or Recruit
G Allen
F Fletcher
F Toppin
F Ware

I think the ‘22 class will be very large as most of those guys leave.

Reactions: Smashcat
I guess it can only help the out of state schools with his recruitment with the kid playing the year away from home. I don't really know the Vols or Tigers odds of signing the dude, but have to think if the guy actually had plans of playing for Vols or Tigers, probably wouldn't look to leave the state to finish up his high school career. I wager Cal will be in the race if this is the player he wants at point.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Sounds like he is pretty locked in to his AAU situation ...... his AAU Coach may have considerable input on where he ultimately chooses to play.

Just seems the way of the world.

Sounds like he is pretty locked in to his AAU situation ...... his AAU Coach may have considerable input on where he ultimately chooses to play.

Just seems the way of the world.
Chandler goes back a long time with Cal. He attended Cal's camps at Memphis as a kid.

Reactions: Born2RokRupp
I am expecting a relatively small class. Cal hasn’t made a ton of ‘21 offers. He seems to be being very selective.

I think we end up with Chandler, Hardy, and Huntley-Hatfield (reclass). Maybe one other.

I expect we get quite a few players back. Askew, Allen, Fletcher, Toppin, Ware, and Jackson could all return. I think Cal uses transfers to fill in the rest and replace the guys he expects to return that leave anyway (which usually happens).

I could see something like this as our roster:

Starters

G Chandler
G Askew
G Hardy
F Huntley-Hatfield
F Jackson

Reserves

G Transfer or Recruit
G Allen
F Fletcher
F Toppin
F Ware

I think the ‘22 class will be very large as most of those guys leave.

Without seeing ANYTHING in terms of transition into college, I don’t think we’ll see Ware and Jackson return. I think one will go, and I think it’ll be Jackson. Too early to have much of a feel, but just a two cent opinion.

Without seeing ANYTHING in terms of transition into college, I don’t think we’ll see Ware and Jackson return. I think one will go, and I think it’ll be Jackson. Too early to have much of a feel, but just a two cent opinion.

If he plays that well and the NBA wants him, that's fine with me.

I like our chances with Chandler and Banchero. I think we lead for Banchero, and I think that could be the last chip on the scale we need to get them both. Hardy and BHH are favorable but far from certain. Outside chance with Diabate.

I’d really like to see us get Hardy or Banchero on board asap to get the class going.

Victimized brother. Victimized.
You think you have been victimized , just wait till the NCAA nails the Rug Doctor then you will hear the crying start big time about being victimized. You would think a guy with any kind of morals or a back bone would stand up and say yea we got away with this for a long time , but now we finally got caught it's time for us to take our deserved punishment , but not the Rug Doctor !

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
I like our chances with Chandler and Banchero. I think we lead for Banchero, and I think that could be the last chip on the scale we need to get them both. Hardy and BHH are favorable but far from certain. Outside chance with Diabate.

I’d really like to see us get Hardy or Banchero on board asap to get the class going.
Banchero and Kennedy have talked about playing together. Might not happen but I’d like to get Kennedy then watch Cal do everything possible to make it happen.
:)

Chandler is very good and may help with Banchero if they are really serious about playing together but give me Hardy and a reclass Sky Clarke with Askew and I ain't mad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT