ADVERTISEMENT

Keldon Johnson update....

This team is special. I'm super stoked about what I saw out there tonight. The defense was much improved from what I Saw in the Bahamas shooting drills were insane with Baker and Herro. Reid looked much more decisive with the ball and EJ is a skilled and smooth big man. Looks like Tayshauns little bro and has a deft touch on that jumper like Tay as well.

Rex Chapman talked about Baker's shooting and 3 point shooting last year when he was practicing before being injured and said that he was one of the best shooters and 3 point shooter he had seen and compared him with Tony Delk in his shooting skills. This year's shooting with Green, Quickley, Herro, and now Baker will be special and will make our offense way more dangerous than in past years. I also knew when watching the Bahamas games that Reid Travis was still learning a new system here at UK and was still was getting used to play with his new players after playing last 3 seasons at Stanford. That last game in the Bahamas we were seeing how good Reid Travis as going to be and was going to be a Double/Double Machine at Kentucky. With what I seen tonight with Reid Travis he was more relaxed and smooth playing with his new team and new system and is going to be that beast we have needed in the last 3-4 years with his leadership and being a Senior is going to really this Kentucky team. I saw a way more better Reid Travis tonight but didn't really see Nick Richards to show up like he did at the Bahamas. This team is going to be Special this year.

Baker has put on some muscle as well.
He looks all of 6’4 too.
If he stays healthy I can see him being a factor off the bench this year.
I was so impressed with how the guys got after each other all
Over the court.
This might be as fun a year to practice with as cal
Has had.
Flying to Indy 4 weeks from today. Can’t get here soon enough.

Rex Chapman talked about Baker's shooting and 3 point shooting last year when he was practicing before being injured and said that he was one of the best shooters and 3 point shooter he had seen and compared him with Tony Delk in his shooting skills. This year's shooting with Green, Quickley, Herro, and now Baker will be special and will make our offense way more dangerous than in past years. I also knew when watching the Bahamas games that Reid Travis was still learning a new system here at UK and was still was getting used to play with his new players after playing last 3 seasons at Stanford. That last game in the Bahamas we were seeing how good Reid Travis as going to be and was going to be a Double/Double Machine at Kentucky. With what I seen tonight with Reid Travis he was more relaxed and smooth playing with his new team and new system and is going to be that beast we have needed in the last 3-4 years with his leadership and being a Senior is going to really this Kentucky team. I saw a way more better Reid Travis tonight but didn't really see Nick Richards to show up like he did at the Bahamas. This team is going to be Special this year.

I am one of the people here who still like Rex. But, if you watched those "Horse" shooting game video's he did a season again you have to realize he was not putting in the effort to win. Any assessment or credibility would have easily been determined when Rex lost to Vanderbilt who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in outside shooting for real. So, I am not saying Baker won't be great at shooting the ball, but these kind of statements are fun to read or see but let's wait and see. I still remember the comments on how Josh Carrier was lights out shooting the ball too!

Hilarious!

Looks like Cal has learned to get injury updates out there quickly (if they don't hurt a player's draft standing) so that our fans/media won't obsess for a month.

Jones just said it was a little more than just a minor tweak and KJ is unlikely to play at BBM, and said he wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play in the Blue-White game. I knew it. Calling it right now that he won't be able to play in the Duke game either.

Jones just said it was a little more than just a minor tweak and KJ is unlikely to play at BBM, and said he wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play in the Blue-White game. I knew it. Calling it right now that he won't be able to play in the Duke game either.

Can't tell if you're being facetious.

I'll be shocked if he's not on the floor against Duke. Even if he's not 100%, he'll be out there.

It's that high ankle you gotta worry about, same thing happened to Patrick Patterson, gave him a hair line fracture that caused him to break it at the end of his freshman year.. KJ should be fine tthough, would be really bad to make him miss Duke. Seems like he wants that game more than any other on the schedule..

This team is special. I'm super stoked about what I saw out there tonight. The defense was much improved from what I Saw in the Bahamas shooting drills were insane with Baker and Herro. Reid looked much more decisive with the ball and EJ is a skilled and smooth big man. Looks like Tayshauns little bro and has a deft touch on that jumper like Tay as well.
I must say when I first saw him my first thought was Tayshaun Prince. And, that's a good thing too. ;)

Last edited:
How cool is it to have Chuck Hayes and Tayshaun Prince looking at the baby Wildcats! Recruits, check out this pipeline to the NBA.

Reactions: Smashcat

I think what you are trying to tell me is "he is out for the year." Woe is me. Just kidding. I need to increase my post count. ;) Go Big Blue.

Someone call Jeff Shepherd's doctor and trainers. We want this healed up as quickly as possible.

How cool is it to have Chuck Hayes and Tayshaun Prince looking at the baby Wildcats! Recruits, check out this pipeline to the NBA.
Tayshaun actually looks even thinner while Chuck is as wide as a tank.:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT