ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox

I can't see why he wouldn't choose Calipari. His big brother was SEC Freshman of the Year, a first team All-SEC selection, and ended up getting drafted in the top 10.

Why choose an equation that has yet to be proven to work. That's exactly what Louisville is.

If we land a class of Cyril, Richmond, Fland, Knox and Quaintance, I'll be absolutely thrilled.

Bring back Thiero, Sheppard, Hart, Onyenso (fingers crossed) and Burks, and that's a really solid core.

I can't see why he wouldn't choose Calipari. His big brother was SEC Freshman of the Year, a first team All-SEC selection, and ended up getting drafted in the top 10.

Why choose an equation that has yet to be proven to work. That's exactly what Louisville is.

If we land a class of Cyril, Richmond, Fland, Knox and Quaintance, I'll be absolutely thrilled.

Bring back Thiero, Sheppard, Hart, Onyenso (fingers crossed) and Burks, and that's a really solid core.
Makes sense

Reactions: Fox2monk

I feel if Cal wants him then we get him. I really don’t know if he’s a priority.

I would take that.

G Sheppard/Fland
G Knox/Hart
G Thiero/Richmond
F Quaintance/Burks
F Cyril/Onyenso

Add Peterson and a grad transfer or two and I agree

I would take that.

G Sheppard/Fland
G Knox/Hart
G Thiero/Richmond
F Quaintance/Burks
F Cyril/Onyenso
That would be something that would finally approach Cal's glory days classes again, instead of these killer classes we keep seeing on the horizon that don't actually materialize.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Didnt his brother have some issues here? I remember some sort of drama. Either he sucked and was playing too much, or not enough..

Seems like our current class is pretty killer.
Good upside, yes. Especially if Bradshaw, Onyenso, and Ivisic really all manage to both go hard in practice and go hard in games essentially all season and especially if Thiero turns out to really be able to use his increased size and strength effectively in the post against the whole army of SEC big men even though he hasn’t even had the chance to try yet and especially if Reeves can avoid fatal droughts when the pressure’s on and especially if we can figure out how to take advantage of Sheppard with his amazing instincts and sky-high basketball IQ even though he’s not what Cal usually gives playing time to and this year specifically he’ll have to go through guys who have super high star power but somewhat troublingly don’t have super high octane scoring or particularly impressive perimeter firepower in their repertoire to get his minutes. Killer, no.

• Haha
Reactions: Midway Cat
Word around Tampa is that he would have committed to Kentucky already, but is in a bit of a holding pattern.

My guess is that we want Edgecomb more, and Cal also doesn't want a crazy big class given that '24 is weak.

So having Somto, Fland, and hopefully Quintance and Edgecomb would finish out our class, and push Knox elsewhere.

Maybe you take Knox also but a 5 man class is decently big given how weak '24 is supposed to be.

The rest would and should come from the portal and returners.

Add (1) the best 2G from the Portal that shoots it well from 3pt. range and can get his shot off quick; and (2) a proven skilled PF with a little bulk ---- and then I think you’ve probably got a team with a real chance.

Those Portal additions would only put the hypothetical roster at 12 players, which shouldn't be a problem for any player willing to compete. But, if those additions caused UK to lose a couple of freshmen set on being OAD regardless, so be it. The team would be better next season and also for the future by replacing those two OADs with two skilled or high upside non-OAD freshmen program builders anyway.

Word around Tampa is that he would have committed to Kentucky already, but is in a bit of a holding pattern.

My guess is that we want Edgecomb more, and Cal also doesn't want a crazy big class given that '24 is weak.

So having Somto, Fland, and hopefully Quintance and Edgecomb would finish out our class, and push Knox elsewhere.

Maybe you take Knox also but a 5 man class is decently big given how weak '24 is supposed to be.

Daryn Peterson is supposedly a strong reclass candidate that we are right there for as well. He is a definite take. I’m hoping we finish out the class with him, Quaintance and one of Knox or Edgecomb. I’m not in love with Billy Richmond’s game tbh.

I don't think Edgecombe is ending up at UK.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
I think we end up with Knox. Edgecomb goes to Duke.

I would be tickled to see Peterson reclass and commit here.

And there’s some rumblings about Jasper Johnson reclassing. You have to think he ends up at UK regardless of which class he is in.

Daryn Peterson is supposedly a strong reclass candidate that we are right there for as well. He is a definite take. I’m hoping we finish out the class with him, Quaintance and one of Knox or Edgecomb. I’m not in love with Billy Richmond’s game tbh.
I think Richmond is a UK lock. I would be surprised if he went somewhere else.

Quaintance, Knox, and Peterson and Johnson from the 25 class along with Somto and Fland. That would be a great class for 2024. I think if Richmond was definitely coming he'd already been here. Wouldn't count out Memphis for him.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Kevins younger brother who we are recruitng. Us and Louisville are among his finalists because they like KP. In any rational world there is no way he can choose L is there ? Who knows if Kenny will even be there or not next season.
Kenny P was with the Knicks when Knox was there, so they're definitely close.

Kenny P was with the Knicks when Knox was there, so they're definitely close.

I just can't see a HS kid tying his future to the this Louisville wagon right now. There's going to be no development, you're going to lose a lot of games, it's not some ideal city to be in (Sorry KY folks). Unless you got a serious chunk of change to go sit there for half a year, I don't know why you'd go there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT