ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

It would have been really cool if Calipari would’ve drawn up a game plan that involved covering Harris on the perimeter.

Got no open looks tonight.
Damn right about that. KU could find no open space outside tonight.

Marquette looks to me a lot like that Baylor team that won the 21 title. They play hellacious perimeter defense, and have an excellent collection of experienced veteran guards …both starting and coming off the bench.

Marquette looks to me a lot like that Baylor team that won the 21 title. They play hellacious perimeter defense, and have an excellent collection of experienced veteran guards …both starting and coming off the bench.
I've seen them twice now. They're playing better than anyone I've seen and the current #1. And they do remind of that Baylor team.

Shaka is a coach that Barnhart should have on his short list of cal replacements. Reminds me of a young pitino; even to the number of deflections they're looking for: 32 is what smart wants for each game, which is real close to what used to be rick's goal

Kansas isn’t the best team and they weren’t when UK played them. All the hype of “soo close against the #1 ranked team!” stuff was fools gold.
Have to agree

Dickinson
McCullers

That is the offense

Why Harris ans KJ Adam’s scored well is about Ky being poor…not some great talent by those two

I think Ky is a ton further away than UK fans want to imagine. Need two bigs back and to get rolling if they are good enough. But from Kansas scoring in thr 80s and st joes nearly out scoring us….we have a ways to improve to be a legit title threat

And of course, Harris won't even ATTEMPT an open 3 tonight when he DRILLED 5 of them against us!!!!

Proving my point for MANY YEARS that opponents make shot against UK that they won't even TRY against other teams!!!
If you watched last night’s game you should know the reason for that.

Harris simply could not get any open outside looks last night because Marquette’s guards were just non-stop hounding the holy shit out of him. Far more so than we did.

We played the same exact way for 35 minutes.

The difference is that’s how Shaka Smart coaches ALL THE TIME. That’s his style all day everyday.

We have John Calipari who only knows how to revert back to his grind it out, don’t blow the lead late in game demeanor that typically results in us blowing the lead.

You are incorrect. There's a very good reason we lost after being up double digits - its initials are JVC and its superpower is pissing down its leg in big and/or close games.
You are insufferable. I'm going to start making better use of ignore.

Marquette just out hustled Kansas last night going after every loose ball. Marquette has some very quick guards. And as many have pointed out they had 2 big's to go against Dickinson.

He wasn't wide open on every three he shot. Shocker.
He had plenty of times to take wide open 3s last night probably 4-5 like against UK and he didn’t take them, and he missed a couple of open looks as well. He isn’t a good shooter and Kentuckys defensive plans against him was good, he isn’t hitting 5 threes in a game again

Was Marquette giving him 10 feet of space and daring him to shoot it though?

It was clearly a game plan thing on our end that seriously backfired.
Letting a bad shooter shoot should work out most cases, he won’t hit 5 3s in a game again even if he is wide open

So, #1 Kansas losing after they beat UK suggests maybe we aren't that good? And we're happy? I'm confused.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Bill initforhimSelf, Hunter Dick-in-his-son, and the Jailhawks in general. But, how does this help us? (Aside from the overall wins thing, which is kinda dumb anyway and % is a better measure due to number of games played.)
I don’t know how that can be your takeaway, Marquette is the experienced version of Kentucky, same team just they have a center and Kentucky currently doesn’t. Kentucky is good some on here(not saying you) are looking for any reason for this team to be bad or have major problem so they can I told you so and that Kentucky isn’t good. That Kansas shows that Kentucky can be really good and on d they are fully healthy probably will be really good

Yes, some here are quite strange. They’re giddy over SEC teams losing and somehow think it’s a good thing for Kansas to lose. They are just not thinking these things through. For me, it’s all about building your tournament resume and getting the best seed. Thus, you want every SEC team going undefeated in the non-conference and every non-conference opponent you face to go unbeaten in their other games.

It’s really that simple.
Wanting Kansas, Duke, and UNC to lose is t strange you want the big teams to lose. Did the SEC there will be plenty of opportunities for big wins In conference this year so wanting them to win every non conference game really doesn’t matter. All the teams you mentioned want Kentucky to lose every game, so why should Kentucky want them to win for.

If you watched last night’s game you should know the reason for that.

Harris simply could not get any open outside looks last night because Marquette’s guards were just non-stop hounding the holy shit out of him. Far more so than we did.
Because he hit 5 three's against us. So of course they did. We had no real reason to guard a dude that had no real success from beyond the arc. We focused on trying to limit HD as much as we could and forced their horrid shooter to beat us. He did. Crap happens. MQ saw what he did in our game and keyed on him due to his hot performance. He won't have that stellar of a performance the rest of the year. He got up for a big game and had beer muscles.

Yes, some here are quite strange. They’re giddy over SEC teams losing and somehow think it’s a good thing for Kansas to lose. They are just not thinking these things through. For me, it’s all about building your tournament resume and getting the best seed. Thus, you want every SEC team going undefeated in the non-conference and every non-conference opponent you face to go unbeaten in their other games.

It’s really that simple.
It's ALWAYS a good thing for Kansas to lose. Period. It extends our win gap and humbles those cheating jerks. And UT? Come on. I HATE UT. Every other SEC team? I agree with you. UT can burn.

Shocker dajuan Harris isn’t hitting every 3 he throws up at the rim this game
There is certainly an element of luck there. But UK's defense on Harris for 2 years in a row seems to be to dare him to shoot. I think by now we see that he can make wide-open, all-the-time-in-the-world 3s. He's not going to make many contested 3s. If there's a next time, maybe we should guard him.

We focused on trying to limit HD as much as we could and forced their horrid shooter to beat us. He did. Crap happens.
Umm … Harris is a career 40% three-point shooter over his four years at Kansas (and is 46% on the season). In case you weren’t aware, those are good three percentages …not “horrid” at all.

The kid has consistently proven for four years now that he will stick the open threes that you give him. That’s not something that should’ve come as a surprise to us.

Last edited:
Umm … Harris is a career 40% three-point shooter over his four years at Kansas (and is 46% on the season). In case you weren’t aware, those are good percentages …not “horrid” at all.

The kid has consistently proven for four years now that he will stick the open threes that you give him. That’s not something that should have come as a surprise to us.
I wasn't aware his percentage was that high. My bad. I thought it was in the low 30's , which I would define as streaky. He has started the year something like 1/6 I thought.

Either way, we had KU beat and he nailed two big shots. It's not like we played horribly in that game. I'm still not overly impressed with them.

Our moral victory against Kansas wasn’t that great. Kansas is a fringe top 20 team.
I took Marquette straight up moneyline last night and won $50.

Reactions: RunninRichie
It's ALWAYS a good thing for Kansas to lose. Period. It extends our win gap and humbles those cheating jerks. And UT? Come on. I HATE UT. Every other SEC team? I agree with you. UT can burn.
Someone needs to tell Dickhead and the media that we have the record.

Have heard at least 5 times from broadcasters and talking heads that Kansas IS the all time winningest program in basketball history.

Backing into the lead sucks almost as bad as Kansas cheating to get the lead.

We could have prevented that from happening if we just won the games under Cal we should have won.

He had plenty of times to take wide open 3s last night probably 4-5 like against UK and he didn’t take them, and he missed a couple of open looks as well. He isn’t a good shooter and Kentuckys defensive plans against him was good, he isn’t hitting 5 threes in a game again
If you think going under screens and leaving a hot shooter wide open when you know the other team has got to make a couple of 3s to have a chance at winning, then we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I can't speak for his shots last night, but I can tell you the 5 he hit against us were totally uncontested shots.

That is not a winning game plan.

Reactions: UK90

It’s really that simple.
If you have to rely on that, you aren't having a great season.

Reactions: cathouse
If you think going under screens and leaving a hot shooter wide open when you know the other team has got to make a couple of 3s to have a chance at winning, then we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I can't speak for his shots last night, but I can tell you the 5 he hit against us were totally uncontested shots.

That is not a winning game plan.
Late in the game yes it’s a bad strategy, but early on in the game it was a good strategy he just made them

You are insufferable. I'm going to start making better use of ignore.
I honestly don’t get to read as much anymore since I started ignoring all the insufferable posters but I enjoy it more. Just can’t stand putting all that negativity into my mind. It can turn you into a bitter and angry entitled person.

I've seen them twice now. They're playing better than anyone I've seen and the current #1. And they do remind of that Baylor team.

Shaka is a coach that Barnhart should have on his short list of cal replacements. Reminds me of a young pitino; even to the number of deflections they're looking for: 32 is what smart wants for each game, which is real close to what used to be rick's goal
Shaka is ok and they have a good team but he has years of data, and his did stink at a big school like Texas wasn’t good. Look at his resume and compare it to Cal’s. Nobody would be happy with his results.

Reactions: BBUK
Umm … Harris is a career 40% three-point shooter over his four years at Kansas (and is 46% on the season). In case you weren’t aware, those are good three percentages …not “horrid” at all.

The kid has consistently proven for four years now that he will stick the open threes that you give him. That’s not something that should’ve come as a surprise to us.
I would choose him to beat us over HD everyday of the week, especially since we had no one to guard him. If we had any bigs in that game we win period, hell even if the refs called the game correctly in the last 5 minutes we win still even with so many mistakes.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware his percentage was that high. My bad. I thought it was in the low 30's , which I would define as streaky. He has started the year something like 1/6 I thought.

Either way, we had KU beat and he nailed two big shots. It's not like we played horribly in that game. I'm still not overly impressed with them.
His percentage is .399 and it’s only that high because he shot 64% his freshman year on 14 whole shots. He’s 37.5% career. He’s obviously not a horrible shooter but he also doesn’t shoot many. I’ll take him trying to beat me all day. He’s taken a total of 149 3’s in the 3 years he’s played the most. He has improved his stats each year and this year he’s off to a blazing start because of our game.

Someone needs to tell Dickhead and the media that we have the record.

Have heard at least 5 times from broadcasters and talking heads that Kansas IS the all time winningest program in basketball history.

Backing into the lead sucks almost as bad as Kansas cheating to get the lead.

We could have prevented that from happening if we just won the games under Cal we should have won.
Well there the whole 100 plus extra game thing so theres that. We also have vacated games

Its worth it😎
Easily. The notion that we should be cheering for KU simply to be a few spots higher in the NET rankings? Well, that’s the sort of dumbassery only a Kansas fan could come up with.

Which begs to question WHY Cal allowed him to shoot WIDE OPEN 3's in our game if he had that high of a percentage??????

Especially at the end of the game when he hit 2 in a row because Cal left Rob in to guard him and he went UNDER the Dickenson screen TWICE!!!

So, once again Cal just ALLOWS one kid to go off because he doesn't respect his game and we get BURNED!!!

Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT