ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

Jay Bilas said “Kansas is a really good team..you saw what they did to Kentucky….” 🤣

Reactions: UKMKG
It's kind of frustrating to watch Marquette close the deal up double digits when we couldn't. There's no reason we shouldnt have won by 15-20 too.

Reactions: dl51344
From Twitter

“The college basketball media egregiously groupthinked a Kansas team with zero depth, no Top 20 NBA draft picks, minimal shooting, & a #1 option who failed to lead his team to any success in consecutive yrs at his last school as the preseason No. 1.”

It would have been really cool if Calipari would’ve drawn up a game plan that involved covering Harris on the perimeter.

Got no open looks tonight.
The game plan was good, Harris is never hitting 5 3s in a game again. Marquette had shot blocker to minimize mistakes we didn’t, that why marquette could take gambles and not pay for them

Marquette tonight reminded me of that South Carolina team that beat Duke in the 2nd round when they had Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles. SC punked Duke with smash mouth, physical basketball. Marquette did that to Kansas tonight.

It's kind of frustrating to watch Marquette close the deal up double digits when we couldn't. There's no reason we shouldnt have won by 15-20 too.
They didn't have anyone on their team playing hero ball, so it was much easier for them to do what we should have done.

Dajuan Harris against Kentucky 23 points
Dajuan Harris vs everybody else 13 points
g help GIF

So, #1 Kansas losing after they beat UK suggests maybe we aren't that good? And we're happy? I'm confused.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Bill initforhimSelf, Hunter Dick-in-his-son, and the Jailhawks in general. But, how does this help us? (Aside from the overall wins thing, which is kinda dumb anyway and % is a better measure due to number of games played.)

So, #1 Kansas losing after they beat UK suggests maybe we aren't that good? And we're happy? I'm confused.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Bill initforhimSelf, Hunter Dick-in-his-son, and the Jailhawks in general. But, how does this help us? (Aside from the overall wins thing, which is kinda dumb anyway and % is a better measure due to number of games played.)
Yes, some here are quite strange. They’re giddy over SEC teams losing and somehow think it’s a good thing for Kansas to lose. They are just not thinking these things through. For me, it’s all about building your tournament resume and getting the best seed. Thus, you want every SEC team going undefeated in the non-conference and every non-conference opponent you face to go unbeaten in their other games.

It’s really that simple.

From Twitter

“The college basketball media egregiously groupthinked a Kansas team with zero depth, no Top 20 NBA draft picks, minimal shooting, & a #1 option who failed to lead his team to any success in consecutive yrs at his last school as the preseason No. 1.”
Based on coaching.

Yes, some here are quite strange. They’re giddy over SEC teams losing and somehow think it’s a good thing for Kansas to lose. They are just not thinking these things through. For me, it’s all about building your tournament resume and getting the best seed. Thus, you want every SEC team going undefeated in the non-conference and every non-conference opponent you face to go unbeaten in their other games.

It’s really that simple.
Totally agree. It sort of beating a high ranked team then yelling, "over rated". In other words, they had to be over rated or you could not have beaten them.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
As I was watching Kansas in that game, it's clear to me they played about as well against UK as they can play. They made shots they don't usually made- that's a big one. Those threes late in the game that erased a lead were huge, and not the usual. Marquette also had an answer for Dickinson whereas UK didn't at that time. Hopefully we will soon. Anyway, we could have won that game anyway. Had we been ready for late game situations better, we would have won that game. Bottom line, though, Kansas really isn't as great as I thought.

Comparing our game versus Kansas and Purdue is a fools errand. Don't over think it. We could have easily won that game with a bounce or two the other way.

It’s really that simple.
It’s called a Rivalry. It’s not hard to figure out. Ohio St and Michigan won’t ever root for the other to win. Same with UK and KU.

It’s really that simple.

What is so confusing about wanting your rival to lose every game they play? It’s called a rivalry. And how is the all time wins thing dumb? It’s called bragging rights.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
As I was watching Kansas in that game, it's clear to me they played about as well against UK as they can play. They made shots they don't usually made- that's a big one. Those threes late in the game that erased a lead were huge, and not the usual. Marquette also had an answer for Dickinson whereas UK didn't at that time. Hopefully we will soon. Anyway, we could have won that game anyway. Had we been ready for late game situations better, we would have won that game. Bottom line, though, Kansas really isn't as great as I thought.
Absolutely. It was easier for them to play as well as they could play against UK with our biggest player being Tre Mitchell. Marquette played 2 6'11 guys to counter Hunter. One of them, Oso Ighodaro led Marquette with 21 points, 9 rebounds & 2 blocks. This is why I would favor a rematch with Kansas in the Tournament if UK has just 1 of their bigs in the lineup.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What is so confusing about wanting your rival to lose every game they play? It’s called a rivalry. And how is the all time wins thing dumb? It’s called bragging rights.
I explained the answer to your first question in my initial post.

The all-time wins thing is a flawed metric because they've played close to 200 more games than us. We're back ahead in that by a small margin, but winning % is a better measure because of the difference in number of games played. Simple math.

It’s really that simple.
The All-Time wins is meaningless in comparison to potential resume issues for the season for you? I'd be fine with Kansas and UNC losing out the rest the way. If we are truly good enough come March I am not overly concerned about seeding. They usually just screw us anyway.

Reactions: westerncat and awf
I explained the answer to your first question in my initial post.

The all-time wins thing is a flawed metric because they've played close to 200 more games than us. We're back ahead in that by a small margin, but winning % is a better measure because of the difference in number of games played. Simple math.
So there is no value in your mind to be #1 by both measures?

I've noticed (and it should be apparent to most) that we were outrebounded in the two close games we have played so far in which of course, we lost one. Marquette outrebounded Kansas so... Having a big man on the court for us would probably have changed the outcome. (yes, I know, captain obvious) Although, Marquette outrebounded them with similar height to us.

But, when it comes right down to it, as some have said, teams just get up for us and some of their players shoot lights out and probably will not have another night like that all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT