ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas - Trilly

That is true. I just hate Duke more. I deal with way more Dook fans than Kansas fans.
I don't deal much with either really but I also hate Duke more. Don't really have a huge issue with KU. I think getting to see us beat them in that 2012 title game in person has kept me from hating KU too much. 😀

Yeah, for Duke. Who did we buy? I'm still waiting since everyone has been waiting to nail Cal.

I used to not think it. But more and more i am starting to believe Nike bought Anthony Davis. Maybe not straight cash but I think they probably promised him something to make sure he went to a Nike school similar to what Adidas did with Wiggins.

Don’t know if you remember this Davis infamously tweeted “nike bound” and deleted it shortly before he committed.

Reactions: Mike-D
I used to not think it. But more and more i am starting to believe Nike bought Anthony Davis. Maybe not straight cash but I think they probably promised him something to make sure he went to a Nike school similar to what Adidas did with Wiggins.

Don’t know if you remember this Davis infamously tweeted “nike bound” and deleted it shortly before he committed.

Cal got in trouble by the NCAA over a 500 win game ball. The dumbest shit of all time. Literally. They wanted to nail his ass. I don't see how they never did if we were cheating.

Cal got in trouble by the NCAA over a 500 win game ball. The dumbest shit of all time. Literally. They wanted to nail his ass. I don't see how they never did if we were cheating.

Yeah. But they never really seemed to go after any of the big Nike schools when all that stuff was going down. I think Nike was running the sport more or less. They had enough money invested that the NCAA was probably hesitant.

My theory is that after 2015 Nike shifted more towards favoring Duke and coach K. They were more marketable, bigger brand thanks to ESPN.

I don’t think they’ve been helping us out much if at all recently. There’s just no way. Cal had by far THE best recruiting pitch in the sport. If we had been cheating these last several years, i just can’t seeing us losing guys like Banchero, Lively, Bolden, or any big man to Duke when Cal has had like a dozen All Star selections at the center and power forward positions alone and duke has had zilch.

So you're saying all the higher ranked recruits that have come to Ky just bypassed all that money they could have gotten from Uconn, Kansas, Duke, unc, ETC and came to play at Ky for free?

So you're saying all the higher ranked recruits that have come to Ky just bypassed all that money they could have gotten from Uconn, Kansas, Duke, unc, ETC and came to play at Ky for free?

Better to have a fish than a fishing pole. Back then it’s was as close as you could get to a guaranteed long nba career for a highly ranked recruit.

In the eyes of a recruit it’s either a few hundred thousand right away, or a nearly guaranteed several million if they could hold out for just 9 more months. Easy choice with Cal’s track record at that time.

At the time, yeah? Cal built the one and done model. Why would you go anywhere else and chance it? It used to be a borderline lock to get an NBA contract if you came here as a 5 star. It's funny how some of you get amnesia when you're trying to prove a point and have ZERO facts to back it up.

At the time, yeah? Cal built the one and done model. Why would you go anywhere else and chance it? It used to be a borderline lock to get an NBA contract if you came here as a 5 star. It's funny how some of you get amnesia when you're trying to prove a point and have ZERO facts to back it up.
Obviously nobody has concrete facts. Would just be naive to think Nike wasn’t pushing certain kids. I mean hell, DePaul was caught up offering 200k to a kid. Ncaa had lost all control of the brands and they had no choice to go NIL which should have happened a long time ago.

Reactions: kmohawk

My theory is this:

Cal comes to Kentucky as the perfect storm. Has all the resources to get whoever he wants, markets them and they all leave as top draft picks. Does this for several years and then Addidas gets tired of it and starts paying players. Nike gets mad they lose some guys to Addidas and decide to start paying, Cal says no and Nike starts pushing guys to Duke.

Cal gets mad about it and decides we aren’t playing in that old man’s tournament and the relationship worsens.

This explains why Kentucky went from getting the number one guy at almost every position for years to then getting their 2/3 or worst choice.

There is an alternative though:

Cal and Nike were paying players all along but Cal has an inside man at the FBI and told Nike that he wouldn’t do it anymore so that’s why we stopped getting the top recruits. That theory makes no sense though because no matter what Roy Williams or K or self want to say, a Coach would know if his player was getting paid.

My theory is this:

Cal comes to Kentucky as the perfect storm. Has all the resources to get whoever he wants, markets them and they all leave as top draft picks. Does this for several years and then Addidas gets tired of it and starts paying players. Nike gets mad they lose some guys to Addidas and decide to start paying, Cal says no and Nike starts pushing guys to Duke.

Cal gets mad about it and decides we aren’t playing in that old man’s tournament and the relationship worsens.

This explains why Kentucky went from getting the number one guy at almost every position for years to then getting their 2/3 or worst choice.

Cal and Nike were paying players all along but Cal has an inside man at the FBI and told Nike that he wouldn’t do it anymore so that’s why we stopped getting the top recruits. That theory makes no sense though because no matter what Roy Williams or K or self want to say, a Coach would know if his player was getting paid.
To be fair self did report a player himself to the NCAA. Also, it isn’t like KU or Carolina has recruited on the level kentucky and duke has. If they were getting help then that help sucked. I think they were all getting help and maybe the coaches knew, maybe they didn’t.

My theory is this:

Your 1st theory sounds dead on to me. Makes the most amount of sense by far.

Reactions: Jont0805
To be fair self did report a player himself to the NCAA. Also, it isn’t like KU or Carolina has recruited on the level kentucky and duke has. If they were getting help then that help sucked. I think they were all getting help and maybe the coaches knew, maybe they didn’t.

You are delusional if you think any of that is true.

Conversation FBI discovered:

In my mind, it's KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad," Gassnola replied. "That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I'm right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind."

"That's how ur (sic) works. At UNC and Duke," Self replied.

Gassnola answered by saying Kentucky as well.

"I promise you I got this," Gassnola texted. "I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right."

Bill Self himself said this is how it works at DUKE and UNC. But your coach didn’t implicate KENTUCKY at all because he knows they didn’t do it. Took the shady ADDIDAS guy to throw that in there.

This was not self reported by Self, this was uncovered in the FBI investigation.

I don’t ever remember bill self reporting anything about any of his players over the years. Somewhere in this board is a list of all the infractions since he started at KANSAS and that list is incredibly difficult to look at if you are a fan of Kansas….. unless you just live in your own world then it’s all good!

Reactions: Fox2monk and Mike-D
You are delusional if you think any of that is true.

Conversation FBI discovered:

In my mind, it's KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad," Gassnola replied. "That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I'm right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind."

"That's how ur (sic) works. At UNC and Duke," Self replied.

Gassnola answered by saying Kentucky as well.

"I promise you I got this," Gassnola texted. "I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right."

Bill Self himself said this is how it works at DUKE and UNC. But your coach didn’t implicate KENTUCKY at all because he knows they didn’t do it. Took the shady ADDIDAS guy to throw that in there.

This was not self reported by Self, this was uncovered in the FBI investigation.

I don’t ever remember bill self reporting anything about any of his players over the years. Somewhere in this board is a list of all the infractions since he started at KANSAS and that list is incredibly difficult to look at if you are a fan of Kansas….. unless you just live in your own world then it’s all good!
The 3 players Kansas has violations for

Billy Preston - Self reported to the NCAA that he got tipped off that preston had received money. Never played a second.

Zion Williamson- wire tapped Kansas assistant coach. Zions step dad wanted a job and a house. Ended up at duke.

Silvio de Sousa - 2500$ for online classes and NCAA rules him eligible.

This is why they will get basically nothing when the punishment comes out in the next 2 weeks.

The 3 players Kansas has violations for

Billy Preston - Self reported to the NCAA that he got tipped off that preston had received money. Never played a second.

Zion Williamson- wire tapped Kansas assistant coach. Zions step dad wanted a job and a house. Ended up at duke.

Silvio de Sousa - 2500$ for online classes and NCAA rules him eligible.

This is why they will get basically nothing when the punishment comes out in the next 2 weeks.

They will get nothing because the NCAA is as corrupt as they come.

Preston was set to play, a car wreck kept him from playing when reporters discovered he was driving a luxury car, not Bill Self.

Tapes show they were willing to do whatever it took to get Zion, but he went to duke so that means they never once paid anyone else 😂😂

Desiusa took $20,000 to go to Maryland from Under Armour, then instead winds up at Kansas.

This doesn’t even include Josh Shelby, Brandon Rush, the rape of a 16 year old at the basketball dorm, or the many other things over the years that your players do and get away with.

Come on man. Just admit it. It’s nice to be in the NCAA pocket.

Enes Kanter took less than Shelby did and he never got to play a minute in college. His money was for education and in a separate account to pay back!

They will get nothing because the NCAA is as corrupt as they come.

Preston was set to play, a car wreck kept him from playing when reporters discovered he was driving a luxury car, not Bill Self.

Tapes show they were willing to do whatever it took to get Zion, but he went to duke so that means they never once paid anyone else 😂😂

Desiusa took $20,000 to go to Maryland from Under Armour, then instead winds up at Kansas.

This doesn’t even include Josh Shelby, Brandon Rush, the rape of a 16 year old at the basketball dorm, or the many other things over the years that your players do and get away with.

Come on man. Just admit it. It’s nice to be in the NCAA pocket.

Enes Kanter took less than Shelby did and he never got to play a minute in college. His money was for education and in a separate account to pay back!
De Sousa got money from UA to attend Maryland. Wanted to go to KU so Adidas paid UA back.

I don’t know anything about Selby or Rush. Considering Rush was a Kansas City, Kansas probably the easy pick.

“the rape of a 16 year old” is a wild accusation to make with 0 evidence and 0 charges being filed for anything.

I don’t think Kansas is clean, I also don’t think Kentucky, duke, or North Carolina is clean. Which is completely fine, an all out war with the shoe brands to push athletes. Glad it’s over.

Best money ever spent.

Yeah. But they never really seemed to go after any of the big Nike schools when all that stuff was going down. I think Nike was running the sport more or less. They had enough money invested that the NCAA was probably hesitant.

My theory is that after 2015 Nike shifted more towards favoring Duke and coach K. They were more marketable, bigger brand thanks to ESPN.

I don’t think they’ve been helping us out much if at all recently. There’s just no way. Cal had by far THE best recruiting pitch in the sport. If we had been cheating these last several years, i just can’t seeing us losing guys like Banchero, Lively, Bolden, or any big man to Duke when Cal has had like a dozen All Star selections at the center and power forward positions alone and duke has had zilch.
Yeah, why market the poor, southern, redneck state/school when you can basically market a private, elite academics, northeastern bastion in NC?

Look Jaybirds… if you want to speculate that Kentucky has cheated for the last few decades, that’s fine.

But the bottom line is we never got caught. You did. And so did UNC, and so did Duke, and so did Arizona, and so did Louisville, and so did LSU. These are the facts.

If you get caught, you should be punished. Simple as that. Kentucky got punished in the 80’s. Why? Because they got caught. We took our medicine. UofL took their medicine. It’s time for the rest of the aforementioned schools to take theirs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT