ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas thinks they are being investigated by the NCAA

Missouri grad. No new information. KU was stupid to agree to this "hypothetical". No proof $60K was paid my Maryland booster (why no sanctions against Maryland?). And from a poster on the KU board (seemingly ignored by the NCAA when they issued their punishment to De Sousa:

"Didn't anyone read the guardian's response in the Star? He said he asked KU for used athletic gear for kids in Angola. KU said they couldn't do it and told him to check with Nike. Nike turned him down, so he tried Adidas. Instead of sending gear, he got $2500 in cash in the mail with a phony return address. He donated the money to a church. He said Silvio was fully eligible and didn't need any money for online classes and so that story was b.s. So the request was not for money, not for Silvio, and was unrelated to Silvio. He said all this was verifiable."
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

You were quick in responding. Not many fans of other teams are welcomed here, you’re the exception

Missouri grad. No new information. KU was stupid to agree to this "hypothetical". No proof $60K was paid my Maryland booster (why no sanctions against Maryland?). And from a poster on the KU board (seemingly ignored by the NCAA when they issued their punishment to De Sousa:

"Didn't anyone read the guardian's response in the Star? He said he asked KU for used athletic gear for kids in Angola. KU said they couldn't do it and told him to check with Nike. Nike turned him down, so he tried Adidas. Instead of sending gear, he got $2500 in cash in the mail with a phony return address. He donated the money to a church. He said Silvio was fully eligible and didn't need any money for online classes and so that story was b.s. So the request was not for money, not for Silvio, and was unrelated to Silvio. He said all this was verifiable."
D2-DBFBEE-1330-41-A9-A6-DA-0620-CEFD48-E6.jpg

Reactions: DidneyWorl

"By 1:30 am, the icy brine of the North Atlantic swirled around his knees and he struggled to keep his balance on the deck that had listed 30 degrees. He heard the shriek of twisting metal and the sharp crack of popping rivets. And yet Captain Smith could still not admit that, yes, in fact, the Titanic was sinking."

Last edited:
https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Board/103719/Contents/Another-Dennis-Dodd-hit-piece-129073651/

"Its not just Silvio. They are going to try to use the Preston thing against us too if they are allowed to say Gassanola is a booster."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...g-from-fbi-case-involving-college-basketball/

"Earlier this month, the NCAA ruled De Sousa must sit out the remainder of this season and the 2019-20 campaign because his guardian received money from "a university booster and agent."

That dual designation came as a surprise to Kansas officials who say they only agreed to designate Gassnola as a booster. Kansas athletic director Jeff Long described publicly on Feb. 1 how the school had to designate Gassnola "as a hypothetical" for the De Sousa reinstatement case to continue.

Long said, that day, Kansas "disagreed" on how to define Gassnola's role but that the NCAA made it a condition of considering De Sousa's reinstatement.

"The NCAA told us that they would not consider a reinstatement unless we included that information," Long said. "If we did not include the hypothetical, they would not consider reinstatement until after the enforcement investigation was complete."

3190338.gif

[laughing]

How in the world can the NCAA continue to rein if Kansas, Maryland, Arizona dont get at least SOME punishment? The rules already are there to declare the involved players ineligible and vacate games (unless your name is Duke or UNC of course).

Emmert may be a sham, but he has to be storming the halls of the building calling for punishment for these schools. Otherwise his legacy will be the last czar of a billionaire boys club that imploded because it had no balls.

You’re pathetic, but what should I expect from a grown man who has to use pictures of barely clothed women to get any attention in his pathetic life.

I said in April that Kansas would inevitably forfeit every game De Sousa played in through the Final Four. Nothing I have seen or read or heard since has made me doubt that for a second. In fact, that assessment has grown much stronger.
If that happens, they'll award last year's championship to duke somehow.

Reactions: TM2013
You’re pathetic, but what should I expect from a grown man who has to use pictures of barely clothed women to get any attention in his pathetic life.
He had one on here several months ago that he said he stole off the internet of some guy's wife. A swinger couple, he admitted. Now that's pretty bad.

Anyone who believes Kansas is going to escape punishment is just fooling themselves. Six months ago the NCAA passed harsh new rules to deal with this sort of thing. That's the reason the NCAA recently came down hard on Missouri and Silvio De Sousa. Now the university is looking at major sanctions.

"Other changes include harsher punishments, such as postseason bans on programs that can last up to five years; potential lifetime show-causes for Level 1 violations from coaches; and suspensions for head coaches that can last more than a year."

https://wdef.com/2018/08/08/college...or-overhaul-to-rulebook-in-wake-of-fbi-probe/

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Of course we are being investigated! There is a lotta smoke out there, to pretend there is no fire is assanine.

I welcome the investigation. I hope it’s painstakingly thorough.

As a fan, I want to KNOW if the program is dirty.

I know “every top program cheats yada yada yada”, but I don’t care about that. I want to know about MY school.

That's a noble stance to take. Be a bit more noble if you had taken it before the whole world knew you were busted.

giphy.gif

Reactions: jrpross
He had one on here several months ago that he said he stole off the internet of some guy's wife. A swinger couple, he admitted. Now that's pretty bad.

Not exactly. A poster on this board shared the story of how he and his wife had an open relationship, in a thread in this forum, that went viral (is that the right term for a thread with many pages of discussion?). He then proceeded to share provocative pictures (maybe one to a few). As a joke, I saved it as my avatar.

You're pretty judgmental about this when you update your avatar from time to time with new provocative photos of your significant others. If someone shares photos in a public forum, it's not "stealing" and he probably did so because he's proud of his wife.

I get that we live in a Puritan society, but come on. Don't take life so seriously.

Anyone who believes Kansas is going to escape punishment is just fooling themselves. Six months ago the NCAA passed harsh new rules to deal with this sort of thing. That's the reason the NCAA recently came down hard on Missouri and Silvio De Sousa. Now the university is looking at major sanctions.

"Other changes include harsher punishments, such as postseason bans on programs that can last up to five years; potential lifetime show-causes for Level 1 violations from coaches; and suspensions for head coaches that can last more than a year."

https://wdef.com/2018/08/08/college...or-overhaul-to-rulebook-in-wake-of-fbi-probe/
Unfortunately I thought the same thing about UNcheats and learned another lesson in the bitter truth of the Ncaa....Kansas will lawyer up, find loopholes and skate.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
The fact that KU is appealing for this kid just shows how little they care about the rules of the road. The kid was paid, KU knows he was paid (if not at that time, they do now!), they know it is against the rules, yet they are continuing to fight to get the kid reinstated.
That strategy worked in spades for UNCheat, so they might as well give it a spin.

Not exactly. A poster on this board shared the story of how he and his wife had an open relationship, in a thread in this forum, that went viral (is that the right term for a thread with many pages of discussion?). He then proceeded to share provocative pictures (maybe one to a few). As a joke, I saved it as my avatar.

You're pretty judgmental about this when you update your avatar from time to time with new provocative photos of your significant others. If someone shares photos in a public forum, it's not "stealing" and he probably did so because he's proud of his wife.

I get that we live in a Puritan society, but come on. Don't take life so seriously.
So, pretty much what I stated. Everyone on this board knows you're a delusional KU fan. But, cool story bro. [laughing]

Last edited:
Roy William's made sure he could plead ignorance by having others handle his dirty business. K would have the same setup in place. Besides if Nike is buying players for Duke then they just need to direct a subset of the top 10 to Duke and K's circle wouldn't have to do anything but provide their recruiting list which is typically public.

Who cares about Kansas, get back to us when somebody digs up info about Zion at his $950,000 crib and taking some cash.
I don’t know what is truth (or not) regarding Zion. I do know per the FBI investigation what was reportedly said in a recorded phone conversation to Kansas coaches saying he asked for benefits.

However, Corey Magette himself admitted taking illegal benefits. We know about the Lance Thomas situation. If Zion in fact received benefits, is their any basis for belief that he would he be treated any differently by the NCAA?

Let me see if I got this straight...

EVERYONE cheats and gets away with it with the help of the NCAA, except Kentucky?

Would some of you fine Kentucky fans explain to me the results of the NCAA's investigation into the allegations of UK paying Anthony Davis $200,000 to commit there? How long did that investigation last? What type of penalties did UK receive from buying the services of Davis? Is this report below accurate? Did the Davis family threaten to sue

"On August 6, 2010 a story in the Chicago Tribune reported an attorney representing Anthony Davis Sr. said a lawsuit “will be filed next week” against the Chicago Sun-Times and reporter Michael O’Brien. Interestingly, the original story was edited later and eventually removed. However, the Sun-Times then decided to stand by its report."

"Unless I’m missing something in my Google searches, the Davis clan never filed a lawsuit. The Sun-Times stood by its story. Davis was allowed to attend UK without incident. The Wildcats cut down the nets. And who knows, Cal might go a perfect three-for-three in schools with Final Fours vacated one day."

http://orangefizz.net/2012/04/syracuse-the-controversial-anthony-davis/

EVERYONE cheats and gets away with it with the help of the NCAA, except Kentucky?

Would some of you fine Kentucky fans explain to me the results of the NCAA's investigation into the allegations of UK paying Anthony Davis $200,000 to commit there? How long did that investigation last? What type of penalties did UK receive from buying the services of Davis? Is this report below accurate? Did the Davis family threaten to sue

"On August 6, 2010 a story in the Chicago Tribune reported an attorney representing Anthony Davis Sr. said a lawsuit “will be filed next week” against the Chicago Sun-Times and reporter Michael O’Brien. Interestingly, the original story was edited later and eventually removed. However, the Sun-Times then decided to stand by its report."

"Unless I’m missing something in my Google searches, the Davis clan never filed a lawsuit. The Sun-Times stood by its story. Davis was allowed to attend UK without incident. The Wildcats cut down the nets. And who knows, Cal might go a perfect three-for-three in schools with Final Fours vacated one day."

So,who's team or you a fan of?

How in the world can the NCAA continue to rein if Kansas, Maryland, Arizona dont get at least SOME punishment? The rules already are there to declare the involved players ineligible and vacate games (unless your name is Duke or UNC of course).
Arizona is currently under investigation by the NCAA. I'm not 100% sure about Maryland, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are,

You must be God's original idiot, put on the planet to make the rest of us feel better about ourselves when we look at your drooling imbecility. You do know that there was never one scintilla of corroboration for that ludicrous story about Davis, and the paper removed it from its website? The NCAA never investigated it because there was nothing to investigate -- no car or home bought with the alleged money, no records of it, no sign of the family having more than they had before. Davis played out his time at Kentucky as an exemplary representative of the program, then signed a remarkably lucrative contract. Anyone but a moron would realize a kid like him would be foolish to take money when millions of dollars were available to him within several months of coming to Kentucky -- and a clean reputation made him more marketable.

You seem too stupid to understand the difference between one totally unsupported newspaper article and the reams of court documents, FBI court evidence, witness statements under oath and so on supporting the case against Kansas. I feel sorry for you that your brain doesn't function at an adult level, but I still hope karma kicks your ass for besmirching Davis' name with a useless regurgitation of a nothing story.

Last edited:
I realize the mods here and probably itching to ban me for posting this but why don't we have nice discussion instead?

What about the FBI's discovery of Bam taking money from an agent? If the NCAA can't ignore corruption at other schools, does that mean UK will vacate that 2017 season?

What about the FBI wiretap conversations of Stephen Pina talking to Mushin Sood about how much money it would take to buy Kentucky recruits? Why would it take a lot of money to get Kentucky players? Are they trying to imply else is already paying these guys? If it's fair for the NCAA to look into allegation of these other programs, shouldn't the NCAA also look into Kentucky too?

"On Wednesday, Sood also acknowledged during cross-examination by Dawkins' attorney, Steve Haney, that he met with Pina and another man to discuss paying then-Kentucky forward Bam Adebayo and other UK players in hopes of landing them as clients for his financial management company."

"Stephen Pina was trying to position you by paying Bam Adebayo, and other kids at Kentucky, and he told you it would be expensive, didn't he?" Haney asked."

"Yes," Sood replied.

"And you understood that to mean that you were going to have to pay a lot of money to get those kids from Kentucky, didn't you?" Haney asked.
"Yes," Sood said."

http://espndeportes-akamai.espn.go....n-trial-drags-names-markelle-fultz-kyle-kuzma

You must be God's original idiot, put on the planet to make the rest of us feel better about ourselves. You do know that there was never one scintilla of corroboration for that ludicrous story about Davis, and the paper removed it from its website? The NCAA never investigated it because there was nothing to investigate -- no car or home bought with the alleged money, no records of it, no sign of the family having more than they had before. Davis played out his time at Kentucky as an exemplary representative of the program, then signed a remarkably lucrative contract. Anyone but a moron would realize a kid like him would be foolish to take money when millions of dollars were available to him within several months of coming to Kentucky -- and a clean reputation made him more marketable.

You seem too stupid to understand the difference in one totally unsupported newspaper article and the reams of court documents, FBI court evidence, witness statements under oath and so on supporting the case against Kansas. I feel sorry for you, but I still hope karma kicks your ass for besmirching Davis' name with a useless regurgitation of a nothing story.

So AD wouldn't take money but Zion would? Does that make sense/ Also, would you anyone like to answer my question on how long the NCAA actually investigated the AD alleged payments after the The Sun Times, reputable paper, accused him of doing so. And if the story true wasn't true, why did Davis back out of suing them for libel and trying to wreck his son's reputation?
You must be God's original idiot, put on the planet to make the rest of us feel better about ourselves when we look at your drooling imbecility. You do know that there was never one scintilla of corroboration for that ludicrous story about Davis, and the paper removed it from its website? The NCAA never investigated it because there was nothing to investigate -- no car or home bought with the alleged money, no records of it, no sign of the family having more than they had before. Davis played out his time at Kentucky as an exemplary representative of the program, then signed a remarkably lucrative contract. Anyone but a moron would realize a kid like him would be foolish to take money when millions of dollars were available to him within several months of coming to Kentucky -- and a clean reputation made him more marketable.

You seem too stupid to understand the difference between one totally unsupported newspaper article and the reams of court documents, FBI court evidence, witness statements under oath and so on supporting the case against Kansas. I feel sorry for you that your brain doesn't function at an adult level, but I still hope karma kicks your ass for besmirching Davis' name with a useless regurgitation of a nothing story.

So AD wouldn't take money but Zion would? Does that make sense/ Also, would you anyone like to answer my question on how long the NCAA actually investigated the AD alleged payments after the The Sun Times, reputable paper, accused him of doing so. And if the story true wasn't true, why did Davis back out of suing them for libel and trying to wreck his son's reputation?

I realize the mods here and probably itching to ban me for posting this but why don't we have nice discussion instead?

What about the FBI's discovery of Bam taking money from an agent? If the NCAA can't ignore corruption at other schools, does that mean UK will vacate that 2017 season?

What about the FBI wiretap conversations of Stephen Pina talking to Mushin Sood about how much money it would take to buy Kentucky recruits? Why would it take a lot of money to get Kentucky players? Are they trying to imply else is already paying these guys? If it's fair for the NCAA to look into allegation of these other programs, shouldn't the NCAA also look into Kentucky too?

"On Wednesday, Sood also acknowledged during cross-examination by Dawkins' attorney, Steve Haney, that he met with Pina and another man to discuss paying then-Kentucky forward Bam Adebayo and other UK players in hopes of landing them as clients for his financial management company."

"Stephen Pina was trying to position you by paying Bam Adebayo, and other kids at Kentucky, and he told you it would be expensive, didn't he?" Haney asked."

"Yes," Sood replied.

"And you understood that to mean that you were going to have to pay a lot of money to get those kids from Kentucky, didn't you?" Haney asked.
"Yes," Sood said."

http://espndeportes-akamai.espn.go....n-trial-drags-names-markelle-fultz-kyle-kuzma
IF we were cheating, we WILL be hammered for it.

Reactions: CatfanMike47

Among the many things you appear to be ignorant of is the futility of a public figure suing a newspaper. The standard for winning is proving the paper had actual malice -- that they knowingly printed lies in a vendetta to damage someone. And the first amendment protects the paper from revealing its "anonymous sources." Citing the lack of a lawsuit as evidence of guilt is another sign you are a halfwit. How long was Davis investigated? He wasn't. As for ZIon, I haven't said anything about that because I don't know about it. You should follow my example and shut up about Davis because you are only revealing what a cretin you are.

Asked once already but you refuse to answer my question..Who's team are you a fan of?

You expect replies to your questions but,you can't/won't answer mine..

"Yes," Sood replied.

"Yes," Sood said."

Are they having a discussion about paying a player before or after he completed his time playing ball at Kentucky? Bam was only at Kentucky a single season. If they are planning to offer him cash and he had completed his single season they can pay him as much as they want. He is no longer an amateur athlete at the University of Kentucky.

If the NCAA feels there is something there...they should feel free to investigate. That is within their purview unless it is UNC or Duke.

I will say that Kentucky is typically under the microscope. We can see that from the whiny and threatening NCAA notification over the 500 win game ball UK presented to Cal. That was something that was so Micro that no one should have cared but the NCAA threatened UK over it. The NCAA would likely be all over us already but maybe they have someone with a larger issue they are looking into.

You guys are running scared so we understand. No need to cry or justify to us. You should worry about your house since you seem to have an actual NCAA investigation going on instead of worrying about our house. Maybe get Bill to take a polygraph.

Also the NCAA allowed UNC to investigate themselves. I am wondering why they didn't allow Kansas to own the investigation. Interesting standards they have there...

Why the insults MDWIldcat55? There's no need to get nasty. Why can't we have a reasonable discussion about this? After what was discovered on the FBI wiretaps and raids do you believe the NCAA will look into the allegations about Bam, and the discussion between Pina and Sood, if they're going to look into programs Kansas, Arizona and NC State?

Why the insults MDWIldcat55? There's no need to get nasty. Why can't we have a reasonable discussion about this? After what was discovered on the FBI wiretaps and raids do you believe the NCAA will look into the allegations about Bam, and the discussion between Pina and Sood, if they're going to look into programs Kansas, Arizona and NC State?
Waiting on your reply....Still want your questions answered but you can't answer mine..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT