ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas made 1 shot in OT

Reminds me of the 1997 championship game. Arizona scored 10 points in OT, all coming from the line. I wish we could have had Murray or ulis at the line instead of briscoe.

Our guards were tired, didn't guard well, they drove to basket and got fouled

No doubt, but what's the reason for why Tyler (after getting hammered) was never sent to the line? Not saying we didn't foul but for some reason what was considered a foul on their end was not considered one on ours. Consistency is all I ask for.

Don't give facts, it upsets the smartass in this thread.

Of the 22 free throws we shoot, how many were attempted by Briscoe? He seemed to be the only player that went to the basket that could get a foul called. I wonder why that was? Do you think the officials new what his free throw percentage was?

Seldon hit a 3 with 10:34 left to cut our lead to 2. Their next basket was a 3 by Mason with 4:00 left and it put them up by 3. In the last 9:43 of regulation and overtime they shot 33 free throws and we shot 5.

This is the same shit they get every game at home. Wasn't it pretty much the same with Oklahoma, too? That place is a train wreck.

Reactions: brianpoe
That's not a fact at all. We didn't start fouling intentionally until there was a minute or so to go in the game. Couple that with KU living at the line the last portion of regulation they were gifted in the game.
Don't respond to the poser. Go Cats!1

The reason KU and their dorky fans set with a stupid look on their face after the round of 32 is those refs are not giving them every call like they get in the " fog". Tyler was fouled when KU hit the three. So many bad calls. I think KU gets better treatment at home than Duke.

Here are some facts:

KU - 30/47 FT
UK - 13/22 FT

KU - 20 Personal Fouls called
UK - 33 Personal Fouls called

KU - 1 player with 4 fouls and none with 5 fouls
UK - 2 players with 4 fouls and 4 players with 5 fouls

Pretty alarming discrepancy.
Actually the discrepancy was worse after the first 8 minutes of the game. 31 fouls called on UK and 13 called on Kansas. Kansas 47 fts. UK 17 fts. Utterly ridiculous.

Seldon hit a 3 with 10:34 left to cut our lead to 2. Their next basket was a 3 by Mason with 4:00 left and it put them up by 3. In the last 9:43 of regulation and overtime they shot 33 free throws and we shot 5.

Mason's 3 came after Ulis was mugged on the rebound.

Kansas made 4 field goals the last 15 minutes of the game. They scored 31 points during that same stretch.

Look, UK might have fouled a bunch during that stretch but I've never seen a stat like that.

Reactions: SosaUK
Me it seemed like UK built a lead and KU got back in the game on the strength of a very favorable whistle.

201-9 and home and many early tournament flame outs. I wonder why?

After the foul that wasn't called agains Ulis & Selden's stepback 3, I turned the game off. I typically refuse to watch games played in Allen #%ithouse cause I know how it ends. It wasn't just the fouls though. The phantom travels called against UK while Mason moon walks all over the court. The fake technical & Perry's illegal screen to start the game. U saw how Self set the officials straight at half cause the officiating totally changed. The game was corrupt. Now u know why that Big 12 streak is so bull#%it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT