ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas lands 5-star center Flory Bidunga:

From duke to auburn to Kansas
Wonder if nil made the difference
Show Me The Money GIF

I get that this was likely an Adadis move, but I am curious where he will play. Adams and Dickinson both have a year of eligibility left and aren't going anywhere. It's why Udeh and Ejiofor transferred.

Reactions: YouKay
Wonder if Adidas had anything to do with him and UK. Seemed like UK just all of a sudden stopped recruiting him. Haven’t followed it too closely, so not sure what happened there.
No. He chose those 4 for other reasons but it’s not a coincidence that each represents a different brand. I genuinely think it was who was in those negotiation rooms that made the ultimate difference. UK, Kansas, Duke all have deep pockets. Kansas will win some and lose some. It’s just strange that he chose KU as Dickenson has another year. Flory is good very athletic but he’s still very raw as a player.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Wonder if Adidas had anything to do with him and UK. Seemed like UK just all of a sudden stopped recruiting him. Haven’t followed it too closely, so not sure what happened there.
Didn't Cyril Sonto's commitment basically end any chance of this kid coming to UK?

No doubt KU is promising big NIL deals for their recruits, but isn't that just part of the game now?

Didn't Cyril Sonto's commitment basically end any chance of this kid coming to UK?

No doubt KU is promising big NIL deals for their recruits, but isn't that just part of the game now?
It seems this is the go-to whenever we don't sign someone. It's because of someone else.

It seems this is the go-to whenever we don't sign someone. It's because of someone else.
Why would the kid want to come here when Cal took Sonto this early???????

That is on Cal. If he thought this kid was actually interested in UK, why would he take Cyril?????

I'm as critical of Cal as ANYONE on this board, but he can't MAKE these kids sign with UK, especially when there are other schools offering BETTER NIL deals and MORE money. Cal really wanted Dickinson, but AGAIN KU offered MORE.

We'll see if it was worth it for both.

Even so, isn’t it expected that Bidunga and Cyril will pretty much bring the same type of skills to the table as freshmen college Centers? Basically, a strong athletic shot-blocker and rebounder. Maybe Bidunga will be better at these things, or maybe he just projects more upside for some reason or the other; but maybe it’s better that UK has/gets another Center with different skill set strengths, e.g., scoring, shooting, etc., to help hold down the position with Cyril.

Last edited:
Why would the kid want to come here when Cal took Sonto this early???????

That is on Cal. If he thought this kid was actually interested in UK, why would he take Cyril?????

I'm as critical of Cal as ANYONE on this board, but he can't MAKE these kids sign with UK, especially when there are other schools offering BETTER NIL deals and MORE money. Cal really wanted Dickinson, but AGAIN KU offered MORE.

We'll see if it was worth it for both.
Cal shouldn't be waiting, and Flory shouldn't be worried if he's as good as some here seem to think. Cal didn't do anything wrong with the timing of this. He just can't get the elite talent he used to, and nobody wants to play for a "one and done" system that doesn't win anything anyway.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Cal shouldn't be waiting, and Flory shouldn't be worried if he's as good as some here seem to think. Cal didn't do anything wrong with the timing of this. He just can't get the elite talent he used to, and nobody wants to play for a "one and done" system that doesn't win anything anyway.
SMH

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Yeah I thought about Cyril after posting. Been busy and haven’t had the chance to make another post. Yes, I believe that was the dagger with that recruitment. I would rather have Cyril anyway. Absolute fvcking monster, that kid!

Buying players is not NIL. Although Kansas has been away with it just the same for decades while acting holier than thou.
It's that mindset that has gotten us in behind. It's called being creative and easy enough to do within the rules.
Fortunately CCC seems to have seen the writing on the wall and had a change of heart.

Also, I never had the impression that Kansas acted that way... rather, they seem to flaunt it. However, I suspect the IARP is going to put us back as the all-time winningest program here soon.

NIL????
How about he simply wanted to play for a hall of fame coach and a winning program.
Hurr hurr dee durr. Sure I guess that’s fine. Cal is a HOF coach too. It was the spot that offered the most money. Who cares, NIL is the name of the game now, why make excuses when you don’t have to?

You sound like the type who thinks the stripper likes you for you personality.

It's that mindset that has gotten us in behind. It's called being creative and easy enough to do within the rules.
Fortunately CCC seems to have seen the writing on the wall and had a change of heart.

Also, I never had the impression that Kansas acted that way... rather, they seem to flaunt it. However, I suspect the IARP is going to put us back as the all-time winningest program here soon.
It’s called cheating and they openly do it while being celebrated by the media. There is nothing creative about buying players. Some schools are celebrated for it, some school get ridiculed when a HS coach pays $300 rent for some shithole to help Eric Bledsoe and family.

It shouldn't be, but it is. NIL was to allow kids to profit off their own ventures, it wasn't so schools could set up businesses solely for paying athletes. I absolutely hate it, if this is what it is, rip the band-aid off and just make the NCAA professional leagues and allow the colleges to pay them directly. Right now it basically is this but through an extra layer of abstraction, completely pointless.

It’s called cheating and they openly do it while being celebrated by the media. There is nothing creative about buying players. Some schools are celebrated for it, some school get ridiculed when a HS coach pays $300 rent for some shithole to help Eric Bledsoe and family.

While I agree, it's long overdue for Kentucky to play the same game, because the NCAA has shown that they have no power at this point, with college athletics going in a direction that the NCAA really has no control over.

If everyone else is going 80mph on the highway, how long are you going to go the speed limit at 65mph before you say "screw it" and just join the pack?

It's a new era of college basketball. And I know there's something people won't like, but if you don't play the game, you'll be left behind.

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
1-C8-EB65-D-86-AB-47-DC-9-BA4-5809-B887953-F.jpg

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
1-C8-EB65-D-86-AB-47-DC-9-BA4-5809-B887953-F.jpg
Just put them on ignore, they have to be a troll. I don't think I've seen a single positive post from them, nothing even bordering on the edge of positive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT