ADVERTISEMENT

K blames lack of depth for loss

think about how close dook should be to be complete garbage. A last second hail mary to get Bagley. No other school would have puled that one off. And to coach k had to crawl over to get Duvall. fuq them fuq everything about them.

Couldn't just say we got outplayed, out coached, and the refs didn't help us out. Had to throw his bench under the bus. I'm sure there are lots of coaches in the country that would love to have his bench as their starters. Well coach don't let them wear Duke apparel like you did last year if they are not worthy.

Preacher, I wonder who has been labeled these things more, you or me?

I get a chuckle when I see things like this from posters who still depend on mommy and daddy for support.

Some posters on this board remind me of Pesto from Goodfeathers. In another thread, posters are blasting Goodman for "defending" K. It must be paranoia day on RR.

I can't believe the Duval eligibility issue is not being discussed in the media. An absolute travesty. Duke should b ineligible and have its season vacated.

That loss will not count against K as he had back pain and the assistant did the coaching on that game . Wont be long till he retires .

Reactions: katwest
Cal landing Knox hurts them worse than most realize.

K's system is built around having a stretch 4. Knox would have given them that. Neither Carter nor Bagley are stretch 4's. More like two 5's playing together.

K is adjusting to play with 2 bigs because he has to. He is a good enough coach to make it work, but isn't what he is use to doing over the past 30 years.

If they don't win it all this year, give Cal partial credit for that for keeping Knox away from them.

I hate them as much as anyone...but I couldn't find where K blamed the loss on a short bench. It's actually decent comments after a loss....especially for a soul sucking troglodyte like K.

This. Really didn't see much wrong with his comments.

Surprising.. For such a classless individual.

In that article he only mentions not being deep once, and he it didn’t seem like he blamed lack of depth for the loss.

He said, and I quote, “We’re young. We’re talented. We’re not as deep. We’re big.”

That’s the only line from the article that even alludes to lack of depth.

I don’t like K, I think he’s trash, but OPs thread title is beyond misleading and not factual.

Some posters on this board remind me of Pesto from Goodfeathers. In another thread, posters are blasting Goodman for "defending" K. It must be paranoia day on RR.

Maybe UK fans are annoyed with this comment by Goodman:

"If anyone can figure out how to avoid these losses going forward, it’ll be Krzyzewski"

Ignoring that Cal has been doing it for many years now.

Cal landing Knox hurts them worse than most realize.

K's system is built around having a stretch 4. Knox would have given them that. Neither Carter nor Bagley are stretch 4's. More like two 5's playing together.

K is adjusting to play with 2 bigs because he has to. He is a good enough coach to make it work, but isn't what he is use to doing over the past 30 years.

If they don't win it all this year, give Cal partial credit for that for keeping Knox away from them.
Absolutely right.

Krzyzewski has has a team blueprint that you've seen him use from the mid 80's to today, including with USA Basketball. He generally goes with one big guy only, and he wants at least 1 bigger forward who is a major shooting threat. Bagley and Carter are really both college 5's, and they don't have anyone in the 6'6" to 6'9" range who's a shooter.

In addition, Duval, though very talented, is not the type of PG K is used to having. He's generally preferred guys who were floor generals with good 3 point shooting ability. Duval is now 5/33 on 3 point shots. That means Duke only has 2 guys who are really capable of spacing the floor, when they've often had 4 in the past.

They might get it right- lots of time, and the talent level is still really high- but they might end up one of those teams where the pieces never fit together right. Knox very easily could have been that missing piece.

His lack of depth is his own fault. He gets the best players in the country, and if they can start for him, they play. If they aren't quite good enough to start, he doesn't develop them. That is why players like Booker might not start for Cal, but, they are not forgotten and shoved to the end of the bench. They play quite a bit, get better, and get drafted. Then they excel at the next level. Tell me a Pukie that didn't start, that got drafted and then played well, in the NBA? So, if Ratface doesn't have a bench, he needs to work with his non-starters, in stead of forgetting them.

Maybe UK fans are annoyed with this comment by Goodman:

"If anyone can figure out how to avoid these losses going forward, it’ll be Krzyzewski"

Ignoring that Cal has been doing it for many years now.

If that were the case, that they were annoyed by that quote I could see that although I probably wouldn't think it were THAT big of a deal. But, the point of that thread is that Goodman is making excuses for why Duke lost, which he isn't doing. In fact, your quote makes it clear that he isn't making excuses. Instead, there is a problem there that needs fixin;!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT