ADVERTISEMENT

K blames lack of depth for loss

Must be hard having 5 stars on the bench. Guy makes me want to take a hammer to his big toes.

I guess they didn't want bolden to go in and destroy Boston college. He won't see the floor next yr either

Could someone quote the article where K is blaming the lack of depth? I am missing it.

Here is the quote:

“We’re not a good defensive team,” Krzyzewski said. “But we haven’t practiced either. All we’ve done is play 12 games. We’re young. We’re talented. We’re not as deep. We’re big. That’s a different dynamic on how you have to play defense. We’ve got to get better. But if we won, I would tell you we would have to be better.”

Not really much there, IMO

They are one of the worst defensive teams in the country and barely have Division 1 talent coming off their bench. Just like last year, they’re talented but severely flawed in areas you don’t want to be severely flawed.

Here is the quote:

“We’re not a good defensive team,” Krzyzewski said. “But we haven’t practiced either. All we’ve done is play 12 games. We’re young. We’re talented. We’re not as deep. We’re big. That’s a different dynamic on how you have to play defense. We’ve got to get better. But if we won, I would tell you we would have to be better.”

ha ha ha I can't teach my freshmen how to play man to man defense and my lone senior doesn't even try half the time on D so I'm going to play zone and blame it on depth.

It wasn't lack of depth.

They just ran out of time :smiley:

I think depth is overrated in March. But it helps you absorb more during the regular season.

I will say, Duke doesn't even appear to have a 6th man. I think you have to have at least 6 guys that are starter caliber players. Duke doesn't appear to have that.

But 8,9,10 guys? Not necessary and may even hurt in a sense that it takes minutes away from more talented guys that could be using them to get even better and more unstoppable by the time March rolls around.

Not Preacher. However, he does actually read the words in an article rather make up what he wants them to say.
Ah, now I understand why you are so obsessed with UNC, it’s because you are a Dook fan.

[roll]

Thanks, I have another one to add to my list. Over the years, my fanhood has been questioned by many. Here are a few examples:

1) Not a UK fan (reasons vary but some are: not a UK grad, living out of state, cheering for one team over another in a particular game, etc)

2) Pitino lover (once called that by a mod)

3) Tubby fan (this was said LONG after I fell off the bandwagon)

4) UL fan (several times mostly by one poster)

5) UNC fan (twice, once was for a similar situation as this thread)

6) I'm sure there are some I fogot but now I can add Duke fan to the list!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
They better start getting some interior defense out of Bagley, Carter and Bolden. I still think Kentucky's bigs would make Bagley and Carter have a really rough night..

[roll]

Thanks, I have another one to add to my list. Over the years, my fanhood has been questioned by many. Here are a few examples:

1) Not a UK fan (reasons vary but some are: not a UK grad, living out of state, cheering for one team over another in a particular game, etc)

2) Pitino lover (once called that by a mod)

3) Tubby fan (this was said LONG after I fell off the bandwagon)

4) UL fan (several times mostly by one poster)

5) UNC fan (twice, once was for a similar situation as this thread)

6) I'm sure there are some I fogot but now I can add Duke fan to the list!

Preacher, I wonder who has been labeled these things more, you or me?

I get a chuckle when I see things like this from posters who still depend on mommy and daddy for support.

Not Preacher. However, he does actually read the words in an article rather make up what he wants them to say.

Yeah, I hate K but his quote sounds a lot like stuff Cal has said to us about his young teams. Not seeing the same stuff exactly as the OP.

Here is the quote:

Agree. People looking for any reason to hate on Duke..No reason is really needed. They are already worthy of everyone's hate.

The truth is he does have a short bench. It's an Achilles heel for them going forward. Compare Duke's bench with this year's Wildcats. If (when) Vanderbilt and Baker are healthy, we will be two or three deep at every position with lots of mix and match nightmares. (Diallo as a 2/Knox as a 2/3, PJ and Vanderbilt as 3/4, etc.)Cal is just beginning to install match up schemes. K does not have the depth nor the same number of match up options. Can Gary Trent guard Knox in the post? Can Duval match up with SGA down low? What happens to Bagley when we put SKJ or Wynyard in to use their 10 fouls? That will not be pretty for Duke.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
ADVERTISEMENT