ADVERTISEMENT

Justin

Jan 5, 2018
I am not commenting on the coaching. However, I hope today was a bit of a turning point for Justin. We need physical bodies. Bradshaw just is not ready. I’d rather have Justin give up height and at least FIGHT BACK. Plus, those were two big free throws he hit. I have many problems with the coaching. Leaving Justin in is not one of them.

Justin is a MEDIOCRE player billed as a superstar. 3-8 from the field with 5 rebounds in 29 minutes against a Zags team that played defense as bad as we do is NOT the answer to our PITIFUL paint defense. Like Bradshaw, he just isn't strong enough to make a difference against older, more physical opponents. His handle and first step is not good enough to get around even competent defenders and he doesn't use his great jumping ability to get enough rebounds. He had ZERO against Vandy.

I will agree with you that Bradshaw should NEVER see the floor!!! He is WEAK and SOFT!!! He can't get rebounds, he can't alter shots even though he is OVER 7 ft tall and he was supposed to be a good shooter, but even that part of his game has been MISSING since the UF game!!

Dillingham and Big Z need more of Edwards and Bradshaw's minutes!!

Justin is a MEDIOCRE player billed as a superstar. 3-8 from the field with 5 rebounds in 29 minutes against a Zags team that played defense as bad as we do is NOT the answer to our PIUTIFUL paint defense. Like Bradshaw, he just isn't strong enough to make a difference against older, more physical opponents. His handle and first step is not good enough to get around even competent defenders and he doesn't use his great jumping ability to get enough rebounds. He had ZERO against Vandy.

I will agree with you that Bradshaw should NEVER see the floor!!! He is WEAK and SOFT!!! He can't get rebounds, he can't alter shots even though he is OVER 7 ft tall and he was supposed to be a good shooter, but even that part of his game has been MISSING since the UF game!!

And that’s a problem with recruiting these type of players. Edwards and Bradshaw are not even serviceable. Wagner barely is. Dilly, one of our best players, doesn’t start and had 18 minutes today. Edwards had 29 minutes. What coach in any level of basketball does this?

And that’s a problem with recruiting these type of players. Edwards and Bradshaw are not even serviceable. Wagner barely is. Dilly, one of our best players, doesn’t start and had 18 minutes today. Edwards had 29 minutes. What coach in any level of basketball does this?
Especially when you consider how we needed scoring today because our Post defense was so horrible!!! The Zags Bigs made EVERY Free Throw today in the 2nd half. So they either scored a layup or made FT's.

Dillingham not being in the game the last 5 minutes is BEYOND ridiculous!!!

Cal’’s love fest for Edwards has and will cost us games. I’m 47. I can go out and get 8 points and 5 boards in 29 minutes played.
Truth is: we all want Justin to be an 18/10 guy. But that is not happening this season.

Here's the saddest thing...down the stretch, we could not get ANY stops. Like even ONE. So the only hope was to score 3 when they scored 2. But Cal refused to strategize with that aim. And Dillingham would've helped toward that.

Justin is a MEDIOCRE player billed as a superstar. 3-8 from the field with 5 rebounds in 29 minutes against a Zags team that played defense as bad as we do is NOT the answer to our PITIFUL paint defense. Like Bradshaw, he just isn't strong enough to make a difference against older, more physical opponents. His handle and first step is not good enough to get around even competent defenders and he doesn't use his great jumping ability to get enough rebounds. He had ZERO against Vandy.

Agree, nothing against Justin. He is a freshman playing against older competition. He needs time. If he comes back next year you will probably see a much improved player. But these kids have been told they are great since they started high school and only need the mandatory year in college before going to the NBA. We hear about the success stories but seldom about the ones that don’t make it which are in far greater numbers. I am hoping he either comes back or transfers to allow himself to mature physically and mentally.

Cal’’s love fest for Edwards has and will cost us games. I’m 47. I can go out and get 8 points and 5 boards in 29 minutes played.
Truth is: we all want Justin to be an 18/10 guy. But that is not happening this season.
No you can't.

He's had worse games.
8/5.
Had one tie up that gave us the ball back.
Loss is not on him.
And that tie-up was a foul clear as day. Replay made it clear. He hacked the guy on the forearm while having his hand on the ball. I knew it was coming, too, because the shot clock was down to 1-2 seconds after a strong defensive possession - "of course he fouled at the end of the shot clock" .... was stunned it was called a jump ball. But he fouled.

Reactions: Kyhoward
Agree, nothing against Justin. He is a freshman playing against older competition. He needs time. If he comes back next year you will probably see a much improved player. But these kids have been told they are great since they started high school and only need the mandatory year in college before going to the NBA. We hear about the success stories but seldom about the ones that don’t make it which are in far greater numbers. I am hoping he either comes back or transfers to allow himself to mature physically and mentally.
He's also 20 years old. A freshman, yes, but he's not 17 or 18 years old against some of these adults out there.

I’d rather go small and get Bradshaw OUT.
A blind man could see we couldn't stop shit and needed to go small to maximum the offense, especially when you're too ignorant/stupid to pack it in and cut off the hemorrhage in the paint. See the 50 points score there for reference.

Agencies have Couch Cal by the balls, so the NBA philanthropy continues, lest his 1 and done's (or none and done) supply dries up...

HQ9RL3I.png

He's had worse games.
8/5.
Had one tie up that gave us the ball back.
Loss is not on him.
You are right sky, the loss is not on him and yes he has had worse games. In fact, the majority of games were worse than his performance yesterday. This was probably his best game besides Vanderbilt. Just what you want from the supposed #1 player coming out of high school. He pr
He's also 20 years old. A freshman, yes, but he's not 17 or 18 years old against some of these adults out there.
i did not know he was 20. Still he is playing against some 3, 4, even 5 year college players and that is quite a hill to climb for any player coming out of high school. He may take a giant leap like Adou has done if he comes back. My guess is he will go pro and probably bounce around in the G league for several years. Maybe get lucky and have a taste of the NBA.. Then what?

Wagner is worse! When is ccc going to give up on this experiment of trying to make him something he's not?. When he's other floor you can completely ignore him on offense and despite his quickness, he can't guard a lamp post.

Wagner is worse! When is ccc going to give up on this experiment of trying to make him something he's not?. When he's other floor you can completely ignore him on offense and despite his quickness, he can't guard a lamp post.
I'm about ready to rest my case!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT