ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Rowland: Factoid on Duke's Recent ACC Championships

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Justin Rowland þ@RowlandRIVALS 5h5 hours ago

Don't get me wrong, Coach K is great. Just looked it up & Duke has not won outright ACC championship (reg season) since 2005-06.

Originally posted by Smashcat:

Don't get me wrong, Coach K is great. Just looked it up & Duke has not won outright ACC championship (reg season) since 2005-06.
And they are probably not going to win it outright this year either

Originally posted by Smashcat:

Yea...but Dook doesn't recruit one-and-dones. K does it the right way, with integrity and academic priorities (like the do at Chapel Hell).

Other than the title they got against Butler (with a very favorable bracket) they haven't been a real factor in a long time.

Duke has only one title in recent years, and it was a sham of a draw that gave it to them. They were given the easiest path toe the final four and we were given the toughest two seed despite our being the #1 overall seed. I'll never forgive the committee for that.

Originally posted by STUCKNBIG10:
Duke has only one title in recent years, and it was a sham of a draw that gave it to them. They were given the easiest path toe the final four and we were given the toughest two seed despite our being the #1 overall seed. I'll never forgive the committee for that.
It was BS, but we shoulld never have lost to that WVU team. That UK team self imploded, horrible shot selection, missing tons of FTs, not playing D, etc. They had to do a lot of things wrong to lose that game the way they did, and they managed to do all of that.

On the OP's topic, no surprise at all. Duke has not been that good the past decade by their previous standards.

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:

It was BS, but we shoulld never have lost to that WVU team. That UK team self imploded, horrible shot selection, missing tons of FTs, not playing D, etc. They had to do a lot of things wrong to lose that game the way they did, and they managed to do all of that.

On the OP's topic, no surprise at all. Duke has not been that good the past decade by their previous standards.
agreed not sure how anyone could blame the committee for that loss. NEVER should have lost to that team. That was the 1 time out of 10 they would probably have beaten us. Really just everything that they could do poorly to lose they did. WVU was not that tough.

During the Duke vs Miami game the other nite one of the announcers made a comment about how much better Duke was before they recruited one and dones. Talked about Coach K needs time to develop players and all that BS. Said that Duke last one with Seniors and Juniors. I found it funny that they should have said he cant coach young talent..

We played pretty good D. In the first half they only hit 3's. They hit ZERO 2's in a half. And we on the other hand hit only 2's and no 3's. Probably the weirdest game I've witnessed (I was born in 85 so missed Gtown in 84)

Originally posted by mkasten25:

We played pretty good D. In the first half they only hit 3's. They hit ZERO 2's in a half. And we on the other hand hit only 2's and no 3's. Probably the weirdest game I've witnessed (I was born in 85 so missed Gtown in 84)
We didn't play good D in the 2nd half. The first half was fine...we were down a measly two points at the half despite them hitting 8 three's in the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT