ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Rodgers

Well good luck to him if he is in fact leaving. Really enjoyed watching him as a Wildcat. Thankful to have had him in the rotation holding down the line.

Not that anyone is above it but pretty obvious Michigan is reaching out to kids before the portal. They just got a OT from Arizona st that entered the portal on 12/5 and committed to Michigan on 12/6. Had a picture with a bunch of Michigan coaches on 12/5 too.

Not saying that’s the case with Rogers but I’d imagine they’d at least ask him if he’s interested (assuming they need DT) based off the above.

Which is weird because ng isn't exactly a glamour position. You'd think he'd be all for sliding to dt where he is MUCH better suited.
DTs make more money in the NFL than OGs.

Rogers played both OL and DL at Oak Park hs. He was more highly regarded as an OL prospect, but he did not want to play on the OL in college. That's how UK got him. I get it. But I hope he stays at UK for another season. That would be best for all parties.

I mean 6-3 335 isn't small even for a NG
In fairness, I think the sizes of all these players is inflated. I stood next to Denzil Ware once and he was a little shorter than me and I’m 6’1’’.

I went to the Panthers-Bengals game a few weeks ago and McCall looked like the smallest DT on the field. He did play a lot which is cool to see. His UK bio says he’s 6’3’’.

Rogers just started playing the best he has. Next season he would be ready for a full season playing at a higher level and then be more ready for the draft. Any move from here looks like it could effect his development to reach that goal. A risky thing to do IMO.

Reactions: YaketySax
Other than the money, why would anyone want to coach nowadays. They're going to have to sign a full recruiting class plus land 8-12 guys in the portal, maybe more, worry about NIL. I'm losing interest fast. I don't care at all about NIL, if I did and wanted all the drama that goes along with it, I'd watch pro sports. I watch UK football and basketball because I grew up doing it and have always enjoyed it.

I know it hasn't happened to a large degree until this year, but if guys are going to start sitting out every year unless they make a major bowl or by some miracle get into the playoffs, why am I watching? I want success for UK, but I don't care about seeing people hauling in loads of money and skipping out on bowl games. The "reason" for me to watch UK sports is slowly being taken away by the NIL, the open portal and the fact that no one seems to give a sh!t about a season or the postseason unless it's playoffs or a major bowl.

Other than the money, why would anyone want to coach nowadays. They're going to have to sign a full recruiting class plus land 8-12 guys in the portal, maybe more, worry about NIL. I'm losing interest fast. I don't care at all about NIL, if I did and wanted all the drama that goes along with it, I'd watch pro sports. I watch UK football and basketball because I grew up doing it and have always enjoyed it.

I know it hasn't happened to a large degree until this year, but if guys are going to start sitting out every year unless they make a major bowl or by some miracle get into the playoffs, why am I watching? I want success for UK, but I don't care about seeing people hauling in loads of money and skipping out on bowl games. The "reason" for me to watch UK sports is slowly being taken away by the NIL, the open portal and the fact that no one seems to give a sh!t about a season or the postseason unless it's playoffs or a major bowl.
Add in the reality that some kids will leave your school to transfer to a bigger school and more NIL $$$$...it's going to become less and less a reason to be a UK football fan.

Reactions: IFerg1969
Add in the reality that some kids will leave your school to transfer to a bigger school and more NIL $$$$...it's going to become less and less a reason to be a UK football fan.

It's pretty clear who is outbidding the other schools. But those kids, more likely their advisors, who have let NIL be the sole determining factor aren't happy. ATM may set a record for portal entries. I don't think Bama is as big a player in NIL as some think, I don't think they offered Burton a huge NIL deal, they just convinced him he could this years star. I know Gibbs's, the RB, foster dad, he wasn't paid big bucks to go there. I don't think UGA is paying big NIL, We don't have the boosters for it. UT is all in, and are proud of that, not only are they the trashiest fanbase in the country, they are the biggest whiners in the country.

It's pretty clear who is outbidding the other schools. But those kids, more likely their advisors, who have let NIL be the sole determining factor aren't happy. ATM may set a record for portal entries. I don't think Bama is as big a player in NIL as some think, I don't think they offered Burton a huge NIL deal, they just convinced him he could this years star. I know Gibbs's, the RB, foster dad, he wasn't paid big bucks to go there. I don't think UGA is paying big NIL, We don't have the boosters for it. UT is all in, and are proud of that, not only are they the trashiest fanbase in the country, they are the biggest whiners in the country.
Bama went out and recruited their RB, left tackle, starting CB, their starting MLB and the UL WR transfer was hoping he'd be a starter as well. That is a lot of starters to grab from portal in a year to argue they ain't cherry picking players off of other teams. And Alabama does throw otu the $$$$$ so let's not play holier than thou with Bama.

Bama went out and recruited their RB, left tackle, starting CB, their starting MLB and the UL WR transfer was hoping he'd be a starter as well. That is a lot of starters to grab from portal in a year to argue they ain't cherry picking players off of other teams. And Alabama does throw otu the $$$$$ so let's not play holier than thou with Bama.
From what I know about the Jeddrick Willis situation…….Bama probably ain’t paying any more than they always did though, lol .

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Other than the money, why would anyone want to coach nowadays.

If jobs were fun, people would not have to be paid. If not for money, a lot of people in all walks of life would be glad to quit.

As far as I can see, Mark Stoops has coaching in his blood and loves to compete. That's what you want in a coach.

hey man if he leaves - may the odds be ever in his favor. I’ll never understand why people get upset over this stuff and take it personal. I say wish them well, hope they help build the UK brand and worry about the players who are here and want to be here. I especially ain’t mad at him if he goes pro- regardless of what I think will happen, it’s his dream and that’s why Uk is here -to help him reach it. Sure I wish we could have the most talent available to us at all times, but that’s just not how it works. Good luck I say

Reactions: BigTyrone
Fortunately Dinkens came on so strong he worked himself up to one of three best DL. Stoops wants Ox to gain his weight back so he should be more fit next season to be back more to his old self. But to be at least two deep at the three positions we need another DL to step up or bring in a DL that has some experience. Must be at least two deep like quality at those three positions on the DL.

He 100% would be drafted. DT's are a premium position in the NFL and I'm sure multiple teams would have their sights set on him. It's just a matter of when he gets picked IMO.
Not sure we can say 100%. How many DTs were drafted in the past few drafts? Some people were confident Rosenthal would be drafted. While I think Rogers is much more established than Rosenthal, I think my advice would be the same. Come back and play next to Walker and Ox/Saunders another year and see your stock rise. Getting drafted in the first 3 rounds is a big deal financially. That said, he should listen to the assessment of the NFL. Maybe he goes higher than I would guess.

On average, 20.8 defensive tackles have been drafted in the past decade. Including 22 last season.

Kentucky had Phil Hoskins and Quinton Bohanna drafted in 2021 and that was the last DT at UK to be drafted since Corey Peters and Jeremy Jarmon in 2009.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT