ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards PER?

ukfan1622

Junior
Jan 15, 2021
I saw that Wagner had a PER of 11 in the portal ratings and I was just curious what Edwards' PER was(guessing below 10)...
so far my googling has failed me so if anybody knows or can tell me where I can find that stat I'd appreciate it.

I was curious so I googled PER.

"PER scores include basic statistics like field goals made, steals, three-pointers made, and then subtract things like free throws missed, turnovers, and fouls."

jS4-PRONf07QC4JY9U7wHON_NqT2kky2ZhT0IzTKbuBG7dogqhPpiGPeVgkoNnWyZw_DKTQbF-s6lImIjO_tEsVYl8lDpZMQwr5XvH9kiBkR7CynnHL9lEkB00-kn0BYIwNurrve

Go back and watch the UK - Bama game. The game we played our 4 best PER the most minutes together, and Edwards was hitting his stride.

Starting line-up should have always been

Shep
Dilly
Reeves
Edwards or Theiro
Big Z

Cal didn't wanna win 98-90
Wanted to lose 76-80.
I know, it was dumb as hell. The Georgia game showed exactly how to use big Z too and he never let him play like that again.

I know, it was dumb as hell. The Georgia game showed exactly how to use big Z too and he never let him play like that again.
Because the world saw that’s what Big Z was when he came to Cal. So Cal had to mold him into something different, something that only he could claim credit for. Narcissist.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yes. He was incredible in that game, no question, but I read he shot 26% from three-point arc in Europe. He had a Gohlke game. Maybe too much was expected from him, too soon, and he was still in development. He played very little in the pro league and seemed foul-prone. Unimpressive EuroStats, to say the least.

Last edited:
We had 4 guys above 23 PER, and 3 came off the bench. Only in Calipari-land...
BYU only had 2 players above 20.
Both came off the bench
And neither of those 2 were the the leading scorer. Who also came off the bench..

Go back and watch the UK - Bama game. The game we played our 4 best PER the most minutes together, and Edwards was hitting his stride.

Shep
Dilly
Reeves
Edwards or Theiro
Big Z

Wanted to lose 76-80.
Funny how the advanced stats match up with what us basketball bennies saw with our eyes

I saw that Wagner had a PER of 11 in the portal ratings and I was just curious what Edwards' PER was(guessing below 10)...
so far my googling has failed me so if anybody knows or can tell me where I can find that stat I'd appreciate it.
If these stats factored in the # of times Edwards was ball watching instead of battling for a rebound ,stepped out of the way of an opposing player who was driving rather than take a charge or loafed up the court then his per would be well below 10. I'm 81 years old and have followed the cats since the Spivey and Shelby Linville 51 NCAA championship. I don't remember any player that had the physical attributes of Edwards playing as timid and skittish as he did this season. I'm glad the "entitled" three of Edwards, Wagner and Bradshaw as well as their champion and protector, Cal, are gone from the Ky scene for good!

Reactions: ukfan1622

Shep
Dilly
Reeves
Edwards or Theiro
Big Z

Wanted to lose 76-80.
We averaged right at 90 ppg, I do not think we lost very many games 80-76 (the proper adult way to list scores.) Anyone who list the lowest score first (76-80), I can't take your opinions serious. Sorry, nothing against you, but I just cant.

We scored 76 or less 7 times all year. 4 losses and 3 wins.
UNCW - Loss - 80-73
@SC - Loss - 79-62
@ LSU - Loss - 75-74
Oakland - Loss - 80-76 (ha ha good one you used this game). Reeves had 27, Mitchell had 14, Dillingham and EDWARDS had 10 each.
Sheppard 3 points 1/5
Z - 3 points
Thiero - 2 points.

3 wins
@ Auburn 70-59
Ole Miss - 75-63
@ Arkansas - 63-57

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT