ADVERTISEMENT

Justified

The last scene between Raylan and Boyd was one of my favorite scenes. It was a great closing scene.
It was a great way to end it. “I guess it’s because we dug coal together.” That about sums up their relationship in the whole series.

Reactions: RVCAT84
Another show that’s set in eastern Kentucky is Outsiders. A coal company is trying to evict a bunch of hillbillies from off a mountain they both claim.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Yes, it is in my Top 5 series, and I think it had as good a finale as you could make. However, now they are rebooting it like every other show on earth. Not looking forward to that, as I doubt it will be nearly as good. It's going to be in Detroit, so gone are the southernisms that were a big part of what made the show what it was.

Doubt it will have any of the other stars either. Certainly won't have Art, given his VERY public political views that do not jibe with Hollywood. But the main one is I don't see how it could have Boyd Crowder, unless he breaks out of prison.
Looking forward to the new series but I agree, it will be hard to recapture what the original series brought to the fans. Without Boyd, Dewey Crowe and others it wont be "Justified". But it is Elmore Leonard so, I am sure it will be a good series.
I have played golf with Nick Searcy (Art) several times, 4 or 5 maybe. When we played, he was a very nice, quiet fellow. I never heard him say anything political during our golf rounds.

Reactions: ck-2
Love Justified. Season 5 wasn’t great but it finished strong.

Agree on Homeland. Re-watching right now.

The Wire is still my favorite.

Sopranos is great.

Still haven’t watched the last season of Better Call Saul but I’ve loved it too.

Deadwood.

Halt and Catch Fire.

Mr. Robot.

The Leftovers.

The Americans.
Solid list.

Breaking bad is up there for me.

Bloodline was pretty decent too

Looks like you have to pay to watch The Wire on Amazon Prime. And can’t find the final season of Better Call Saul on Netflix even though when I google it that’s where it says it’s at.

All that have been mentioned were great shows. I will add another. The two seasons of "Rome."

Reactions: Aike
Looks like you have to pay to watch The Wire on Amazon Prime. And can’t find the final season of Better Call Saul on Netflix even though when I google it that’s where it says it’s at.
The Wire is on HBO. Was an original HBO program.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Really like Justified.

Agree with lots of what I'm reading through thread. Agree with most all recommendations.

Sopranos is my all time fav. So well done.

One not mentioned that slides under the radar is Southland. Not an all time great, but that was a badass show. It started on NBC and was picked up by TNT or USA. If that show would have been on HBO it would have been an all timer IMHO. Blows my mind that it wasn't a 10 year + show.

Very well done.

Breaking bad is definitely one of my favorites. I’ve started to watch Bloodline a few times but for some reason I haven’t.
Ozark is another that’s kinda up that same alley. I tried starting Ozark 3 times and couldn’t get past the first episode…finally forced myself to put my phone down and watch 2 episodes back to back and then I was hooked

@Aike

Saw you mentioned The Wire. Did you ever watch Southland? Mentioned that in above post. Great cop show, especially for network TV.

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT