ADVERTISEMENT

Just Stop!

R.O.T.Muckinfush

Sophomore
Jul 13, 2017
If Mark Stoops is indeed gone, one can expect all of his staff is going with him. That being said, stop spouting off names of mediocre (Neal Brown) and unproven ( Jon Sumrall, Coen) coaches. It's like the loser mentality won't ever go away!!

This program can pay a real damn proven coach to come in and continue to build the program. It has alot going for it with all the facility upgrades and willingness to pay big money. You shoot for some proven guys and at least talk to them before bringing in assistants and g5 coaches. Although the stoops regime became stale and probably time for a change , this program is on a whole other level due to their accomplishments. Gotta go for the best available and work your way down.

If Mark Stoops is indeed gone, one can expect all of his staff is going with him. That being said, stop spouting off names of mediocre (Neal Brown) and unproven ( Jon Sumrall, Coen) coaches. It's like the loser mentality won't ever go away!!

This program can pay a real damn proven coach to come in and continue to build the program. It has alot going for it with all the facility upgrades and willingness to pay big money. You shoot for some proven guys and at least talk to them before bringing in assistants and g5 coaches. Although the stoops regime became stale and probably time for a change , this program is on a whole other level due to their accomplishments. Gotta go for the best available and work your way down.
Give us some names.

Reactions: wildcatglenn
Barnie has already called Sumrall probably. He is the real issue here. He won't even try to go after anyone else.

Barnie has already called Sumrall probably. He is the real issue here. He won't even try to go after anyone else.
Hence all the blowhards on here constantly spouting off sunbelt Johnny's name. Not saying the guy is a bad coach but is unproven in power 5 coaching. A huge gamble if you ask me.

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlue1992
Name me one successful coach at another Power 5 school who would take the UK job. I'll be waiting.

Completely agree. Can we trust Barnhart though. That’s my big worry.

So, who are you thinking?
specifically, you interview guys with at least power 5 and / or nfl coaching experience. Talk to urban myer(ain't happening but you talk to him) . Hell, duke's coach Elko is a better candidate than the guys being named and I'm sure there are a couple of dozen more guys out there you at least have a phone conversation with. Money talks and this program is no slouch. This program shouldn't sell itself short. You make guys say no. Why not penn st. coach? Another stale situation.

Eh. Plenty of 20-25th or teams hire hot G5 coaches. Summerall isn’t a bad hire even if it isn’t a home run. Neal brown is a B12 coach….that’s the exact type of guy that is the target hire group of you aren’t going after g5 guys.

The alternatives would be going after a middle of the pack p5 coach (aka Neal Brown) bc any top of their conference coach isn’t coming to an uphill battle bottom middle tier SEC school to try to swing for the fences…they’ll stay out until they get a top 1/3rd P5 program call.

Or you get a long term coordinator from a top 10 team that has enough coaching experience at the highest level that you have faith they have learned from the best of what elite programs do to separate themselves in a game prep program management capacity and can apply that. But thats a no-no according to your “unproven” category.

What “proven” coach is coming to UK? Best bet is to get a up and comer with something to prove. Hope he elevates us to a new height. I enjoyed Stoops time here but we were all we were ever gonna be with him here. Gotta risk it if you want the biscuit.

Urban Meyer! Doesn’t have the pressure of having to win titles like at Florida and Ohio State. He can win 8 or 9 games a year blindfolded!

I know, wishful thinking.
Yeah, and Dan Mullen would likely leave ESPN for a $1 million deal to be Meyer's OC again, I'm sure UK could totally pull this off. Easy peasy. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlue1992
Mitch will hire somebody in the 2-3 million a year range. That you can be sure of. He’s inwardly glad to get that contract off his books.

Hire the best you can to go up against Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and LSU with less NIL money. Top coaches across the country will be fighting for the job. Offer The OSU and Michigan head coaches first. Probably won't need to go any further than that down the list.

ohio-state-v-indiana.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT